Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BMW X3 Lease Questions

Comments

• Ask-a-Dealer thread of bimmerfest.com.

Quoted:

2007 BMW X3 Wagon 3.0si 4WD

24 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 75% of MSRP – .00265 Base Money Factor Rate
    36 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 65% of MSRP – .00265 Base Money Factor Rate
    48 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 40% of MSRP – .00319 Base Money Factor Rate
    60 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 33% of MSRP – .00319 Base Money Factor Rate

2006 Models

24 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 75% of MSRP – .00195 Base Money Factor Rate
    36 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 65% of MSRP – .00195 Base Money Factor Rate
    48 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 39% of MSRP – .00319 Base Money Factor Rate
    60 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 31% of MSRP – .00319 Base Money Factor Rate

Add 2% to Residual Value for 12k mi/yr and 3% for 10k mi/yr on all terms
  • I drove a X-3 prem. pkg w heated seats bluetooth. 24month 12k miles. total cost would be 11,900. That is close to the first deal I got on an FX35. Anybody know if this can be beat ? ( I bet it can, but by how much and where in NH, MA. area ? )
  • I leased an 2006 X3, Premium pkg, cold pkg heated steering wheel, metalic color, Mats, MSRP of $40650 with 2005/G35 trade in involving negative equity of ~$6000.

I got it for $685/m for 36m/12k with out of pocket (tax, first month, deposit, doc) ~1300 period.

Is that reasonable since I need to carry over ~$6000. Plus I was taxed for the difference.

It runs great and realy enjoying it. First BMW to own.
  • Reliable sources tell me that the 2007 BMW X3 is going to be launched in showrooms in new york by end of september or first week of october.

The 2007 X5 will be lanched in the following weeks :shades:

Does anyone else have any similar info on the launch dates ;)
  • If i could get this deal here in NJ, id be on it in a heart beat.
  • Hi jsay. You really need to find out the selling price of the truck that you are considering leasing. This is a very important number for consumers to know because without it, it is difficult to tell how much of a discount you are being given on the vehicle that you want. Always remember that the selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. If you find out the selling price of this truck I would be happy to give you my opinion of this lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hi rmse46. BMW Financial Services' current base lease acquisition fee is $625. BMW dealers often try to mark this fee up a couple hundred dollars to add additional hidden profit to deals.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Greetings Rice Krispies, er uh I mean snapcracklepop. I would be happy to give you an idea of what this car's lease program is currently like. You never mentioned how long you want to lease your X3 for or how many miles per year you need to be able to drive it, so for now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 X3 with 15,000 miles per year are .00265 and 65%, respectively. I would be happy to give you an idea of what sort of payment you should expect on the truck that you are interested in if you provide me with its full MSRP and approximate selling price.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Unfortunately, bznx1r, the 2006 BMW X3's lease program did not get any better for the month of September. It's still the same as the numbers that you mentioned.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hi jkmiec. You never mentioned the selling price or MSRP of the vehicle that you are interested in leasing. These are important numbers for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing this truck's selling price in relation to its MSRP you don't know how much of a discount you are getting on it. The second reason is that one needs the selling price and MSRP, including the destination charge, of a vehicle to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion on this deal if you let me know what these numbers are.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Carman, Is this a decent deal?

2006 X3
    MSRP- 40,370
    Premium package w/ Heated front seats & wheel, Privacy glass, Sattellite ready,

Asking price- 38,735
    36 months
    15 miles
    MF-.00205
    Res- 65%

Out of pocket about 1,300- (500 cash and the 800 differnce from what I owe on my trade in and what they are offering)
    Aqu fee- 725
    9% sales tax for PA.

Per month w/ tax 516..
  • Carman,

I just received this offer from an Illinois dealer on a Lease for a 2006 X3. Please let me know if you think it's a great deal or not.

MSRP: $42,170.....(Dealer claims the selling price comes out to about $500 over invoice, but he did not give me the exact selling price)

TERMS: 36 months, 10K miles/year
    Lease Quote: $570 per month (this quote includes IL tax)

TOTAL DUE at SIGNING: $1,395 (This includes $600 security deposit, first payment, a Doc Fee of 57.33 and new plates for 168.00)

Thanks for reading.
  • hello carman / kyfdx,

Cld you pls advise on what I need to know and what should be a good deal on leasing a X3 here in West Hollowood?
    I have just move from Singapore and am uncertain as to the leasing conditions here.

Many tks.
  • Hi Carman / kyfdx,

I am a newbie to leases and luxury cars. I have not signed any deals or paid any money down yet. I have an offer from the only bmw dealership in town that I would like to run by you.

Silver X3 Non-premium package (basic model, leatherette seats, etc)

MSRP: 38,884
    Sale price: 37,384
    Destination charge: 695
    acquisition fee: 825 (I already know that should be 625), 12K mi/mo
    MF: .00235 or 5.65%
    24 mo
    $417 mo payment
    $2500 cash down
    $4251 due at delivery

Can I get them to come down another $1000 on the price? They say they are taking a thousand five hundred off now.
    For a non premium package it seems high.
    Is this a good enough factor?
    Please advise ASAP. I Appreciate any help. Mbright1
  • I recently test drove a BMW X3, inquired to lease a 2007. With excellent credit, this was our offer: MSRP $41,920, my purchase price $40,355, 36mths 12k miles (I want 15k), Money Factor .00305, Residual 67% or $28,086, down payment
    $3013.97, payment $549.54 + $43.69 = $593.23 monthly payment. The MF seems pretty high compared to what I've seen. The down payment too? Looking for advice, I could put down $1000 more and have a payment a bit higher to buy the car. I'm still test driving others, RX 350, RDX, but I really like the X3.
    Please Help us!
  • Hi,
    You have a few areas to improve your quote:
    - Negotiated Price: You have $40355, some dealers are willing to knock close to $2000 off MSRP
    - Money Factor: On 2007 X3, you can get 0.00265
    - Any extra fees in your quote ($625 Acquisition is ok)?

Rest everything looks OK. Good luck!
    Ash
  • Hi jpres11. I believe that the dealer invoice price of the truck that you described is around $36,985. The selling price that you were quoted is $1,750 over dealer invoice. I don't know what the market is like for this truck in your specific area, but if I was in the market for one I personally would shoot for a little larger discount now that the 2007 models have begun to arrive at dealers. Make sure to stop by the following discussion to see how much other community members have paid for similar trucks lately: "BMW X3: Prices Paid & Buying Experience". Also, make sure that the dealer that you are working with uses BMW Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor of .00195 to calculate your truck's monthly payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hello jeffal. $500 over dealer invoice is a very good price for this truck. Just make sure to get its actual price so that you can verify that this is the price that you are actually being charged before signing on the dotted line. Also, make sure that the dealer you are working with is using BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor of .00195 to calculate your truck's monthly payment and you are in business.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Welcome suniljs. You definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment. These articles contain all of the information that you will ever need to know to get a good deal on a leased vehicle.

The two most important numbers to focus on when leasing a new vehicle are its selling price and money factor. These are the two main areas of leases that dealers make money on. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Shop around and negotiate as low a selling price as you can on the X3 that you want and then have the dealer that gives you that price calculate its monthly payment using BMW Financial Services' buy rate money factor of .00195.

This about sums it up, but let me know if you have any other questions.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Greetings mbright1. For a newbie to the world of leasing, you did a great job at finding out all of the important information about the truck that you are interested in leasing. First let's take a look at the selling price that you were quoted. A base 2006 BMW X3 has a spread of a little over $3,100 between its full MSRP and dealer invoice price. You were quoted a discount of $1,500 on the specific model that you are considering leasing. I personally would want a little larger discount on a leftover 2006 X3 this late in the model year, but I suspect that the level of competition is not nearly as high in Oklahoma City as it is in my neck of the woods. If there are any other BMW dealers around you can always see if you can negotiate a slightly larger discount. If you can't, at least try to get the dealer that you are working with to eliminate the acquisition fee mark-up and to use BMW Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor of .00195 to calculate your X3's monthly payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hi santainbox. Ash gave you great advice. The only thing that I'd add to it is that BMW made a fairly significant enhancement to the 2007 X3's lease program for the month of October. It's new buy rate lease money factor is .00200. Make sure that you get the dealer that you are working with to use this factor to calculate your truck's lease payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • billmvbillmv Posts: 146
    hello Car_man

Kdfyx just said on the other forum that the 36/15k residuals for the '06 and '07 X3 were virtually identical. 65%. For purposes of clarification, could you confirm for me what the RVs are for the '07 for 36/12k and 36/15k? The usual 2% higher for 12k? Gotta run my numbers!

Acq fee still $625 on the 07s? Also, do you know what BMW's typical disposition fee is at the end of their leases, if any? I've never leased a BMW before.

Thanks!
  • I just got back from the BMW dealership. I didn't ask questions other than this is the car I want and I would like to know what it will cost for leasing. I did not negotiate at all. It is a 2007 X3 with CW, Premium, Sport...MSRP is 38K with add-ons it is 46.5K
    Wanted 24 and 36 month numbers
    Deal:
    1.6K down
    24 month at 15K miles = 843 to 854
    36 month at 15K miles = 751 to 769

I know not asking the right questions or negotiating is the wrong approach, but I was just curious to see the results. After looking at some of the deals on this site, these numbers seem outrageous...am I right or wrong? I have since asked for the money factor and residual that they are using to calculate this payment and whether or not it includes all additional fees/taxes.
  • Additional Information...I asked for residual/money factor...along with X5 information with same options....

Reply from dealer:
    I put together some numbers on the X5 3.0 for you. The best lease on the X5 is for 36 months.

36 months 15,000 miles per year:

$850.00 per month with $1,600.00 down at signing. The residual is 56% and the rate factor is .00240. The rate is better on this one than on the 2007 X3.

The rate on that one 65% for 36 months, with the rate factor being .00255. The X5 list for $51,118.00, so it is a few thousand more than the X3.

CKnodle
  • billmvbillmv Posts: 146
    cknodle.....You serious about getting one? If you are, and if you enjoy running your own numbers to see what's possible, then you have to negotiate the selling price, which, when you add in the acquisition fee, will become your capitalized cost. Be aware, the dealer will try to jack up the acq fee and the money factor to make hidden profit.

Remember too, that any down payment is just $$ up front rather than put into a payment.

So let us know what they say on this go around.
  • jxtaijxtai Posts: 9
    Just got this from my dealer,MSRP $44,705 for premium package, sport package,added rear door airbags, automatic and metallic paint. Got it for $42,705 for sell price. With 78% residual and 0.002 money factor for 24 months. I got it for $510 per month(tax included). No money down. How is this number? Good?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 31,256
    Looks really good.. How much due at signing?

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• jxtaijxtai Posts: 9
    $1503.73 due at signing which include first month, plate and bank fee.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 31,256
    $2K off MSRP this early in the year is very good... base money factor also... and a very good lease program from BMWFS....

What's not to like? :)

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

This discussion has been closed.