Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lexus RX 350 Driving Experiences and Problems

Comments

• omgl777omgl777 Posts: 15
    Hey dllrx,

That's the same exact bumper popping problem I have. I wasn't sure if it was just mine, but seeing how you are having the same issue, this might just be a design flaw. I plan on telling my dealer the next time I go back in for service.
    Hey guys, the rattle might be from your license plate. When I installed my plates I started hearing a rattle coming fromt he back everytime i would hit a bumper. I simply placed some felt between the plate and the car, tighten the screws and viola, rattle gone.

Hope this helps.
  • wrahnwrahn Posts: 45
    I have the 210 RX350 with Nav and XM radio, CD AUX and would like to have the audio screen on so I can see what songs are playing. I can't figure out how to turn off the NAV and only have the audio indicated on the screen. Better yet it would be nice to have the Nav and audio on at the same time.

Anyone have any ideas n how I can do it?

Thanks,
    Wes
  • wwestwwest Posts: 10,706
    I first registered this complaint with Lexus in '01, glad to see they're still in the RELENTLESS PURSUIT mode.
    I found the answer on another fourm: http://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-third-generation/443707-can-i-keep-audio-info- -on-the-screen-for-more-than-20-seconds.html

The answer is to change the setting referenced on page 316 in the Nav system manual. The General Setting # 3 (Auto Screen Change) has to be OFF.

Thanks to all who sent information,
    Wes
  • After about 800 miles, I noticed that the passenger side front bumper popped off just under the headlamps. When I took it in for service, the dealer said that they opened a ticket with Lexus, and that Lexus is working on a retrofitted clip that would fix the problem. They do not have the clip available yet, and they do not know when. The dealer told me that they would call me when they get them in. My guess is that it will take at least a month. They also said that I can keep driving around with the bumper issue, because it will not damage the bumper.
    How do I setup the system so the volume of the Radio, CD or MP3 decreases when the navigation voice comes on, so I can hear the instructions?

I believe my RX 300 2005 had this feature, so I could hear the nav instructions even though I was listening to the radio.

Thanks,
    Wes
  • sxylxysxylxy Posts: 29
    I owned a 2007 RX350 for 3 years and never went below 16 mpg around town. My 2010 is only getting 14.5 around town, same driving style, and I'm on my 3rd tank. Any ideas? I know this model is heavier, but it's rated HIGHER on the city mileage than my old 2007. Anyone else experiencing this during "break-in" and does it get better?
  • bond8bond8 Posts: 33
    I was having a similar experince where my average was lower than the advertised one. I am getting about 15-16 mpg in the initial 2k miles. Now I have about 4k miles and I am getting about 18 mpg city and 22-24 mpg highway. In my case there wsa a slight improvement in mileage after about 3k miles. Also I noticed the steering wheel and suspension softened up a bit after the break in period.
  • After picking my 2010 RX 350 AWD Nav, Premium, Comfort pkg......drove it for the first time out of my garage and while driving on the highway had rear bumper on both ends pop off. This might not have been as big of an issue but since I was going about 70 miles an hour it pulled apart even farther......it looked like the car grew wings. Made it to the dealership and is currently in the body shop with less than 100miles on the car. I had even noticed that the front bumper was not sitting as tight to the hood as the other side....I guess that was the next thing to go. I was told by the director at my dealership that Lexus Engineers know of the problems and are working on a fix to anchor the bumpers more securely. Needless to see extremely frustrating thing to happen being that it was the first time I had driven it aside from driving it home from the dealer. Kudos’s for the most part on how they handled this issue. Good costumer service given the situation.
  • jklossjkloss Posts: 39
    I had my front bumper facia come loose during my first month. Contacted Lexus HG in CA and they did not know of a fix yet and have never heard of this problem. Of course they said they do not talk with engineering so would not know of any problems.. They want anyone with this problem to have their local dealer/service manager contact Lexus engineering with information on the problem - ie open a "ticket". People in Lexus Ca were nice but not helpful.
  • bmlexusbmlexus Posts: 755
    Sounds like everyone is losing their bumpers, doesn't sound nice.
    At all...it's not a good feeling having to check your bumper everytime you park after being on the freeway. Hope Lexus figures out how to fix the problem fast....I'd like to have a sense of satisfaction with my purchase.
  • degirldegirl Posts: 45
    Hi Everyone,

My 2010 rx does not have Navigation however, when I change the radio from a fm station or I pod to XM I can barely hear it. I have to turn up the volume almost twice as high to hear the xm radio. Does anyone else have this problem or a solution?
    Thanks
    I understand, I wouldn't be happy if I had to worry about my new car bumper, I don't like trouble especially in a new car.

I'd rather sell my new car if it has any problem whatsoever.
    If it was that easy. To be able to sell a car with so many problems and not be held accountable. We would be as much as fault as Lexus. Better to fix the problems then get rid of this POS.
    Has your problems been solved? btw, which lexus rx350 is yours, the Japanese made or the Canadian made?
    I have a Japanese made RX 350. The Vin # starts with JT. Very disappointed in Lexus. Going back to the dealer next week (again).
  • Just curios was your RX made in Japan or Canada? My Rx is 5 months old Apx 5K miles no problems at all., No sign of a problem with the bumper. It may just be a freak thing that happened. This is my fourth RX and the 2010 is definitely the best so far. MIKE
  • Hi Wrahn. The answer is to contact Prestigious Society INC.OEM Navigation and Video Enhancement. I Had one installed, It works great. Google search Prestigious Society Phone 562 644-3268 Hope this helps you...Mike
  • Hi sxylxy I have owned my 2010 RX for five months Aprx. 5K miles. The millage will go up some and the ride will improve somewhat. Two things are important Use Premium Fuel ONLY and make sure Your Air pressure is at the recommended setting. I have Bridgestone 19 inch tires and I lowered the pressure from Recommended 38 PSI down to 32 PSI for a better ride. I was getting as low as 14.5 Miles per gallon. At my 5K Service I had the Dealer bring the pressure back to 38 PSI and picked up Apx. 1.5 Miles per gallon. I do have all wheal drive. I did notice an improvement in the ride after 4K Miles at 38 PSI. Hope this helps...Mike
  • rparisrparis Posts: 368
    Have you tried 87 octane fuel? If so what were the results?
  • No I have not tried 87 octane. Just going an what my dealers service dept recommend. ??
  • jklossjkloss Posts: 39
    my RX with the bumper problem was made in Canada
  • rparisrparis Posts: 368
    Has anyone tried using 87 octane gas on a regular basis?
  • My new 2010 RX 350 has the bi-xenon HID headlamps with AFS (Navi, Prem, Cmft). The projector lamps are adjacent to the grill with the halogen daytime running lamps next to the turn signal. However, I have seen other new 2010 RX 350 models with the projector and halogen lamp positions switched: halogen adjacent to the grill with the projector lamps next to the turn signal.

I am very curious. What does this difference indicate?
  • wwestwwest Posts: 10,706
    My guess would be AFS vs not.
  • Has anyone else noticed that their voice command feature takes a long time to respond? It takes about 10 seconds for mine to respond. I don't have an accent nor is there any ambient noise. I'm not even speaking in sentences just commands like "phone" or "audio".

I have a 2010 Camry XLE with a similar Nav unit (touchscreen) and the voice command feature responds within 2 seconds.
  • i have a 2010 RX350. This is my 3rd RX with NAV. Problem with the new one is that the NAV will not automatically lower the volume of the radio when the voice comes on & the volume is too low to begin with. Yes, the volume is set to max. The dealer set it meets manufacturer specs, however the chief svc foreman agreed there is a major problem. You cannot listen to the NAV with the windows open or with the radio on. Anyone else having these problems?
  • bond8bond8 Posts: 33
    Yes I have the same issue. It is very difficult to listen to the directions with the radio on. I actually contacted Lexus customer service about this. They spoke with an Engineer and they replied back that this is how it was designed. I had a few other "issues" (what I thought were issues) and for a lot of tose things they either told me that is how it is supposed to work or to contact the dealer. Let me know if you find out anything different.