Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lexus RX 350 Driving Experiences and Problems

Comments

• bond8bond8 Posts: 33
    I completely agree jerry. First of all you can only use voice commands for navi while driving. I would be really useful if the address books can be accessed by voice commands.
  • goblue5goblue5 Posts: 2
    I miss the trip time (engine start elapsed time) in the MID. It was there in my previous RX. I found the info very useful knowing how much time I had been on the road already and I had used it very often. I am sure the vehicle is still keeping track of it. Anybody knows why Lexus took such good info away?
  • Does any know how to set up bluetooth for RX350 2010 without Nav? I got to the point passkey and don't know how to next. Any advice or comment. My phone is Sony Ericsson with AT&T.
    Thank you,
  • jerry116jerry116 Posts: 13
    I have Sony Ericsson with AT & T too. very easy to setup . read the car manual and get the passcode, should be done in less than 10 sec.
    voice command, call xxx is real amazing after contact transfer done.
  • Thanks jerry116,
    Just following your instruction and I make it.
    Thanks again!
  • jerry116jerry116 Posts: 13
    saw some consumer review said the car rolls back on slight incline. anyone noticed? I just wonder whose car dont roll back on incline if you dont use break. at least all the car I drived will roll back.
  • wwestwwest Posts: 10,706
    Lots of newer cars with DBW are leaving/shifting the automatic transmissions into neutral when/while stopped and that's resulting in more propensity to "roll" than many owners are historically used too. It was NEVER wise to use "gas" (or electric) for hill-holding but the true ability to force the issue onto the driver to brake (as one does automatically with a stick shift) instead has not been really possible prior to DBW.
  • omgl777omgl777 Posts: 15
    I too had my software reinstalled on my new RX 350. You should double check the XM Nav Traffic and Weather (if you have it). After my reinstall, they weren't working properly and you need to call XM to have it reset.

Otherwise, no problems, except that the bumper is popping off on the front right corner when driving long distances at higher speed (very annoying). Not sure if this happened with a valet service or another defect. I'm going tohave the dealer look at it once I go for service.
  • My 2010 RX350 started having intermittent problems with the radio/nav system at around 3000 miles. The radio stops playing on its own and then the display screen freezes up, and the only way to get it to work again is to turn the ignition off and back on. I am waiting for a new radio to arrive at my local Lexus dealer in about a week. Very disappointing for a vehicle costing well over 40 grand.
  • dllrxdllrx Posts: 1
    The front bumper on my 2010 RX has also popped off just below the drivers side headlight. Dealer replaced the plastic bumper fascia and a bracket. Now two weeks latter the bumper has popped off in exact same spot again. Have appointment to get car back in for service.

Possible design problem?
    Hey dllrx,

That's the same exact bumper popping problem I have. I wasn't sure if it was just mine, but seeing how you are having the same issue, this might just be a design flaw. I plan on telling my dealer the next time I go back in for service.
    Hey guys, the rattle might be from your license plate. When I installed my plates I started hearing a rattle coming fromt he back everytime i would hit a bumper. I simply placed some felt between the plate and the car, tighten the screws and viola, rattle gone.

Hope this helps.
  • wrahnwrahn Posts: 45
    I have the 210 RX350 with Nav and XM radio, CD AUX and would like to have the audio screen on so I can see what songs are playing. I can't figure out how to turn off the NAV and only have the audio indicated on the screen. Better yet it would be nice to have the Nav and audio on at the same time.

Anyone have any ideas n how I can do it?

Thanks,
    Wes
  • wwestwwest Posts: 10,706
    I first registered this complaint with Lexus in '01, glad to see they're still in the RELENTLESS PURSUIT mode.
    I found the answer on another fourm: http://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-third-generation/443707-can-i-keep-audio-info- -on-the-screen-for-more-than-20-seconds.html

The answer is to change the setting referenced on page 316 in the Nav system manual. The General Setting # 3 (Auto Screen Change) has to be OFF.

Thanks to all who sent information,
    Wes
  • After about 800 miles, I noticed that the passenger side front bumper popped off just under the headlamps. When I took it in for service, the dealer said that they opened a ticket with Lexus, and that Lexus is working on a retrofitted clip that would fix the problem. They do not have the clip available yet, and they do not know when. The dealer told me that they would call me when they get them in. My guess is that it will take at least a month. They also said that I can keep driving around with the bumper issue, because it will not damage the bumper.
    How do I setup the system so the volume of the Radio, CD or MP3 decreases when the navigation voice comes on, so I can hear the instructions?

I believe my RX 300 2005 had this feature, so I could hear the nav instructions even though I was listening to the radio.

Thanks,
    Wes
  • sxylxysxylxy Posts: 29
    I owned a 2007 RX350 for 3 years and never went below 16 mpg around town. My 2010 is only getting 14.5 around town, same driving style, and I'm on my 3rd tank. Any ideas? I know this model is heavier, but it's rated HIGHER on the city mileage than my old 2007. Anyone else experiencing this during "break-in" and does it get better?
  • bond8bond8 Posts: 33
    I was having a similar experince where my average was lower than the advertised one. I am getting about 15-16 mpg in the initial 2k miles. Now I have about 4k miles and I am getting about 18 mpg city and 22-24 mpg highway. In my case there wsa a slight improvement in mileage after about 3k miles. Also I noticed the steering wheel and suspension softened up a bit after the break in period.
  • After picking my 2010 RX 350 AWD Nav, Premium, Comfort pkg......drove it for the first time out of my garage and while driving on the highway had rear bumper on both ends pop off. This might not have been as big of an issue but since I was going about 70 miles an hour it pulled apart even farther......it looked like the car grew wings. Made it to the dealership and is currently in the body shop with less than 100miles on the car. I had even noticed that the front bumper was not sitting as tight to the hood as the other side....I guess that was the next thing to go. I was told by the director at my dealership that Lexus Engineers know of the problems and are working on a fix to anchor the bumpers more securely. Needless to see extremely frustrating thing to happen being that it was the first time I had driven it aside from driving it home from the dealer. Kudos’s for the most part on how they handled this issue. Good costumer service given the situation.