Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lexus RX 350 Driving Experiences and Problems

Comments

• crkyolfrtcrkyolfrt Posts: 2,345
    i was referring to post 379
  • topgun7topgun7 Posts: 409
    Don't know what kind of 'update' you were looking for. It's just a business decision made to make their business more profitable

Gimme was asking how to translate package A, B, C etc to a term that is meaningful like Premium, NAV etc...

Gimme, you can probably guess the package by looking at the content of each package and match with box checked in package A, B, C etc.. I have the same problem but since the dealership is close enough, I will just drop by and check out on what is in the lot...
  • dedd7dedd7 Posts: 2
    I have a RX 350 love my car but two things I hate about it. I have a black car and have so many scratches on it and my heated seat seems to be be throw off this terrible odor that I am afraid it might start a firer. Going to have it check out.Does anyone else have this problem.
  • smarty666smarty666 Posts: 1,503
    The black thing is not specific to Lexus only. All the black cars I have had from domestic, Japanese, and German makes over the years were extremely difficult to keep clean and maintain and b/c of the dark color they show everything. Just the nature of the beast when it comes to that color.

In regards to the heated seat, no vehicles heated seat should be making an odor. I would definitely have that looked into. I have seen a few Camry's and RAV-4 heated seats turn the seat brown and some reports of getting to hot but never an odor. Your seat might be getting too hot and releasing an odor from overheating maybe :confuse:
  • wwestwwest Posts: 10,706
    "...no...heated seat...odor.."

Unless someone peed on the seat, or worse...spills..?
  • I have the same issue except there is a loud noise when opening the hatch. I was told by the lexus service manager that I need a rear hatch motor which would cost about $1148.00. Can anyone help?
  • 2010 Lexus RX 350 with 5300 miles. Engine noise when acclerating and rpms go over 2000.
    Sounds like a muffler exhuast, but no noise in park only in drive. Anyone else have this occur.
  • I have the exact same thing, and was told my Lexus that everything is normal.
  • I am going to bring it back for the third time, even though they keep telling me that it is normal.
  • Yes, between 1800 and 2500 RPM it sounds too loud.. took it in twice ,last time I drove 2 other new ones and they all had the same noise..Service manager,who went with me on the test drive sez,yeah, they are louder than the 09 models..probably a slight design change in the exhaust system...now i just accelerate thru it and really dont notice it much since i know it's normal ?
  • The exhaust note on the 2010 is definitely louder than on the previous generation RX. What's irritating for me is when I'm stopped at a stop light and the gear is in drive. The exhaust note is noisy and the vibration throughout the vehicle drives me nuts! Sometimes when I'm at a stop light, I'll put the gear in neutral, and then it gets more quiet, more like my '07 RX was. I wonder if there's anything that can be done to muffle the sound a little bit???
  • caesar2caesar2 Posts: 1
    Any luck with your rear hatch noise?

My hatch makes a noise (driver side only,) opening and closing.
  • wwestwwest Posts: 10,706
    Try using your foot to raise the idle RPM just a slight bit.

A (too) low idle speed will sometimes result in the engine lopping and the associated vibrations.

Lexus may have also made a bit of a compromise in idle speed in favor of a slight FE improvement. I'm continually amazed at the little things (lower volume ATF sump...{***}) that are being done in the name of FE, but I suppose when you add up the gain from ALL of those little things.....

*** SEALED transaxles: Fill level is now too critical, plus OR minus, to allow the average DIY ready/easy access, and most certainly so for the low hourly pay McD flipper graduates that most dealers use for routine (maintainance) tasks.

Then again it may just be the beancounters, less ATF for the factory fill and lower metal content for the muffler(s), or maybe even one less muffler. Note that lower exhaust restriction might also improve FE.

Could it be both...?
  • cwaynecwayne Posts: 79
    I have had my rx for a year and half and went through the engine noise thing with dealer. (sounds like what we called tappet noise years ago) It is normal for this car. Other than that my car has been perfect.
  • It sounds to me that the little hitch you feel is the telescoping function momentarily stopping while the starter motor is engaged. The starter is by far the largest draw on a vehicle's electrical system. The momentary voltage drop when the starter engages is probably enough to stop the power telescoping function from working. If it doesn't happen to other vehicles, it may be that your battery is old enough that it doesn't pack the punch it did when it was new. I wouldn't worry about it. Just don't start the car until the steering wheel has done its thing and moved to the correct position.
  • dysdys Posts: 11
    That seems to make sense and helps to ease my concern. Thanks.
  • There is a wave/distortion when looking out the front windshield. It is noticeable when sitting in the car and extremely noticeable when standing outside the car standing next to the front door and looking thru the windshield. Has anyone experiences this issue? The car is brand new
  • isashinisashin Posts: 1
    I HAVE THE SAME CAR WITH 15,000 MILES.
    ALSO HAVE SAME PROBLEM WITH FRONT BUMPER. LEXUS REPLACED BUMPER THREE TIME AND THE GAP RETURNED 3 TIMES. I AM IN CONTACT WITH LEXUS BUT NO RESOLUTION TO DATE. PLEASE STAY INTOUCH AS I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF YOU HAVE RESOLVED PROBLEM
  • klee3klee3 Posts: 55
    edited July 2011
    When I set the ventilated seat to maximum cooling on my 2011 RX350, I do not feel any cool air coming out from the driver's seat. It is quite different when compared to driver's seat at the same setting. I took it to Lexus to get it checked out when I took it in for 5k mile service and I was told that's the way it is. They gave me a loaner car (2011 RX350) and it had the same issue as well. I have a 2008 ES350 and the same setting produces drastically different results. It actually cools unlike RX350. Has anyone noticed this problem on their RX?
  • billdavbilldav Posts: 18
    That feature started with the 2010 - review the wording in the ad - it is not an air-conditioned seat in these cars. I went through the same process as you and finally got the picture.