Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lexus RX 350 Driving Experiences and Problems

1171819202123»

Comments

• harryhess1harryhess1 Posts: 33
    Just bough a 2011 RX350 with 10K, seems to ide;; a little rough could it be that it needs prem. or will it run ok with regular??
  • sltpigsflysltpigsfly Posts: 16
    I have a 2011 RX350 that I purchased new in July of 2011. The dealer said that using regular gas was not a problem. I've used both types with no noticeable difference in gas mileage or performance between the two. The car never runs rough. I get 22-27 mpg.
  • wwestwwest Posts: 10,706
    Compression ratios, octane ratings, only matter with FULL cylinder fills, WOT. If you don't often use WOT then the MPG difference will be negligable.
  • ws3ws3 Posts: 3
    I have a 2010 RX 350, with a mileage of about 10,000. Last July, when I had the second complementary service, oil leakage of the left rear strut was found and it was replaced. Starting from the last winter, I began to hear clunking noise from the right side when I drove on the small inclined surface. After traveling to two dealers several times, I was told that the right front strut required replacement. After both services, there were no wheel alignments.

After visiting several websites, I learned to check up the oil leakage of strut and found that the right rear strut is leaking too.

Does anybody know what causes these problems? Are they just bad parts or other potential problems underlied? Any thoughts?
  • rxnewbierxnewbie Posts: 1
    We just got the car a week ago and my husband who wears size 11.5 shoes noticed that his foot is getting caught like 40% of the time he is driving when he switches from accelerator to brake pedal. i dont have a problem coz my feet are smaller. we've been to the dealership 2x because of this and seems like they cant do anything about it. we wrote lexus and reported the problem. anybody else experiencing this? we never had a problem with our toyota and honda cars before..
  • jjjzzzjjjzzz Posts: 13
    Hi is your hatch problem resolved? Mine is doing the same thing, a 2007 RX 350. Indeed it is very annoying.
  • wwestwwest Posts: 10,706
    Caught behind the brake pedal, or...?
  • longo2longo2 Posts: 347
    edited May 2013
    I just read through your comments on the Lexus AWD systems and from what I read between the lines, it would seem the new Honda SH-AWD system or any off the rack Subaru beats the Lexus system for traction and real AWD.

There's a Youtube video of several different AWD system vehicles trying to get up a steep dirt hill and, while the choice of tires, driver skill etc are up for debate, the Subaru system scurried up and over the hill without so much as a momentary wheel spin..the FWD biased AWD based systems were pathetic and went nowhere.

One other thing, the very few You Tube videos of any Lexus RX AWD's in the snow and climbing hills are rather disturbing. One RX AWD tries to get up a little snowy hill, can't, the camera cuts away and the next view is the RX going some other direction, away from the bottom of the hill.

Some other videos of RX's being pulled out of trouble and that's about it for demonstrations of the Toyota AWD system.

2010 Acura Winter Test Experience
    TheTempleofVTEC TheTempleofVTEC·52 videos
    Like 236 Dislike 54

Uploaded on Feb 8, 2010

Acura's SH-AWD System is put through its paces (alongside Audi's Quattro AWD, BMW's xDrive, Infiniti's Intelligent AWD, and Lexus' Active Torque Control AWD systems) at AET (Auto Enviro Testing) proving grounds in Baudette, MN.

NOTE: All of the crossovers shown were equipped with the base OEM tires. The silver TL SH-AWD 6MT was equipped with Michelin Alpin snow tires, and the dark colored TL SH-AWD shown later in the video was equipped with standard OEM all-season tires.

(and no I don't own a Subaru, or for that matter a Lexus) but I am shopping for one anyway.