Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Audi A7 Lease Questions

Comments

• deanoohdeanooh Posts: 10
    Hi Car_man,
    Are the lease rates out for May yet: Can you kindly provide the MF and Residual for May 2012:

A7 Premium Plus and A7 Prestige
    36/15K
    42/15K

Also a dealer told me that there isn't any Conquest Rebate on the A7 is this true ?
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    Yes they are deanooh. Audi Financial Services' May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 A7 Premium Plus with 15,000 miles per year are .00124 and 49%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 42-month lease are .00144 and 45%.

The numbers for the Prestige are .00124 / 45% and .00144 / 41%.

What you were told about the conquest cash is correct, the A7 has owner loyalty cash available on it right now but I'm not aware of any conquest cash on it.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • deanoohdeanooh Posts: 10
    Thank you very much Car Man.
    Wow that was fast deanooh :). You're very welcome.

Car_man
    Host
  • kumquattkumquatt Posts: 7
    Car_man (or anyone else):

I found a dealer that has a "corporate" 2012 A7 Prestige with about 11k miles. How much (%) can I attribute to "depreciation" to determine a reasonable price for this "used" car? The car technically is not new but certified pre-owned with a 100k warranty.

Any help or guidance please?

Thanks!
  • all4carsall4cars Posts: 5
    I don't see many discussion about the buy price. Almost all the topics are leasing. Is buying not a good idea for A7?
    I'm looking at a premium plus with MSRP $64820. What do you guys think is the good offer price? As 2013 model is around the corner, dealer should try to move out the 2012 model, right?

Thanks
    All4cars -

I'm also looking to buy. Just contacting a number of dealers around me I found pricing for a 2012 A7 Premium Plus to be between a few hundred over invoice to $1000 over invoice. Dealers are anxious to move cars to close the month of May, and more eager to move those cars on the lot or on the boat than to order the 2013 (which I'm leaning towards for that 3rd rear seat option).

Good luck!
  • selinselin Posts: 1
    Hello Car_man:

Forgive my ignorance but how do the numbers you gave translate into an actual monthly payment in dollars? Thanks for the help.
    Thanks Kumguatt!
    I would also like to have 3 back seats. But that probably means we need to pay MSRP or close to MSRP for the 2013 model. Other than 3rd seat in the back, I heard there is no other change.

I think if we can get a few hundred to $1000 over invoice, that should be a pretty good deal. agree?
    I just found out on the edmunds.com there is $2000 Manufacturer to Customer rebate. If I negotiate the price to $1000 over invoice, I can get it for $1000 less invoice?
    Hey all4cars:

Just emailing around, found you 1 dealer who will order a 2013 model for 3% over invoice. I'm sure if you are serious and look around you can probably maybe get that down to 2% maybe?

I've been told if you know exactly what you want to contact the dealership's fleet manager who needs to move volume. Not sure if there is any truth to this or not.

I also saw on Edmunds that there is up to $2k rebate. Don't know all the details or where to find them, but "up to" I would think means you need to order top of the line perhaps. So, the actual rebate might be less. Please post any details if you find out.

Thanks!
    Kumquatt
    Hi Kumquatt,
    The rebate is audi loyalty program. So if you are audi owner you can get that. Unfortunately, I'm not.
    Do you know what is the extra charge for the 2013 3rd back seat option? Or is that standard for 2013?

Thanks
    all4cars:

The 2013 3rd back seat option is not standard. Dealer informed me the cost is $350, so it's pretty small.
    Hi kumquatt. Banks publish residual values to estimate how much depreciation vehicles will experience over a certain period of time. Audi Financial Services' current 12-month, 10,000 mile per year residual value for a 2012 A7 Prestige is 59%.

This means that Audi's own captive finance company believes that this car will be only worth 59% of its original full MSRP after one year and 10,000 miles of use. this will give you a good guideline to use in your negotiations. Don't be surprised though if the dealer won't come close to this figure in terms of a selling price. The used vehicle market is very strong right now. You may find that the difference in price between a low mileage used vehicle and a brand new one is not as much as one would think.

Car_man
    Host
    That's not an ignorant question at all, selin. You definitely should check out the following articles that are available here at Edmunds.com: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment. They will answer your questions.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi all4cars. The only $2,000 cash incentive that I am aware of on the A7 is $2,000 in owner loyalty cash for purchases. On leases this cash drops to $1,000. You should definitely take this cash into account during your negotiations.

Car_man
    Host
    Much obliged Car_man!
    You're very welcome kumquatt.

Car_man
    Host
  • dssxxxxdssxxxx Posts: 69
    Not a lease but got top of the trade value for 2010 Q5 and $6K off list for 2012 A7 Prestige.

Just FYI.
  • blinkn09blinkn09 Posts: 7
    I got the A7 last month for $905/month with $3500 down. I didn't qualify for the $1500 incentive for driving a BMW. I forgot the money factor, but I got the residual to 53%. Premium plus with sports package. After all was said and done I ended up with ~930/month because they paid off my previous car and I bought the audi care maintence package.
This discussion has been closed.