Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chevrolet Equinox Power Lift Gate Questions

jfdsccmjfdsccm Member Posts: 8
Chevy site suggests the programmable power lift gate is only available as an option with the 2LT. Can anyone confirm that is is not an option for the 1LT or LS. this is my first post. thanks

Comments

• gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    jfdsccm,

For the 2010 and 2011 Chevrolet Equinox, the liftgate, power programmable rear with fixed glass is an available option starting on the 2LT and is standard for the LTZ trim level. Unfortunately, the power liftgate is not an available option for the LS or 1LT trim levels.

Thank you,
    Caron, GM Customer Service
  • jfdsccmjfdsccm Member Posts: 8
    Thanks for the clarification. Two additional GM questions
    1. Can the extended GM protection plan be purchased towards the end of the 3 year/36K mile new car warrantee?
    2. When are the new price increases going into effect, and does this affect the Equinox?
    jfdsccm
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    jfdsccm,

The GM protection plans have to be purchased within the Bumper to Bumper warranty (3 year/36,000).

Unfortunately, I do not have specific pricing information available for these plans. This is something you will need to discuss with the dealership.

Thank you,
    Caron, GM Customer Service
  • lane23lane23 Member Posts: 6
    My 2005 Equinox lift gate all of the sudden stopped working?? I can't get it to unlock even when I use the key fob or unlock button. Anyone have any ideas on how to get it unlock so I can open it?
    Thanks!
  • runoxrunox Member Posts: 156
    Yup, just got the GM app in the mail today. What I don't like is that the extended warranty starts the day you sign up, not at then end of the OEM warranty. If you start before your OEM ends, there coverage overlap. They offer two versions, Value and Major. For 36K/36mo, Value Guard is $1190+tax with a $200 deductible and $1420 with $0 deductible, Major Guard is $1260 for same $200 deductible plan. I recall them trying to talk me into signing up when I bought it and the price was like $2300 likely with a sales guy mark up.

"Major " - defines coverage by excluding certain maintenance type parts

"Value" - defines coverage by naming covered parts

For $70 go Major
  • booklady85booklady85 Member Posts: 6
    The power liftgate on my Nox periodically opens by itself. I was in the store today after locking the vehicle, came out and the power liftgate was OPEN. The fob was in my purse.

This has happened about 4 times in the last 6 months and before that, it never happened.

Called the dealer and service dept. said there were no bulletins or other complaints.

Any suggestions?
  • ray80ray80 Member Posts: 1,655
    May be a tough call. I go through spells once in a while with the Terrain where I accidently mash this button or that button on FOB while its in my pocket. Either hit the alarm.lock button multiple times(causing horn to beep), of find the hatch up. Then again there might be problem beyond that.
  • booklady85booklady85 Member Posts: 6
    Thanks, ray80--the dealer thinks it is something hitting it in my purse but I just don't know. The service mgr said to bring it in and they would double check it for me. That is my next step.

Here's hoping...
  • jgentschjgentsch Member Posts: 1
    Bought a 2012 Chevy Equinox LTZ 2 days ago. Today, the FOB in my pocket opened the power liftgate. Problems is, the doors were locked. The owner's manual says you need to unlock the car before being able to open the gate however, in my case, I am repeatedly able to open the liftgate with my FOB when the doors are locked. Thoughts?
  • moparblue2moparblue2 Member Posts: 86
    My wifes 2012 Equinox LT2 Power Lift Gate opens with doors locked. One thing i noticed was you have to hold that button for a couple seconds to open Lift Gate.
    It may be a mistake in manual, or the wording may be for manually opening liftgate without fob. (I found my liftgate open once in parking lot with doors locked, darn fob in my pocket getting buttons pushed without my knowledge or desire)
    Whoops forgot to mention I have the Terrain. I just checked it. Locked it hit the fob button and it lifted. Shut it, tried to manually lift, no go
  • gmcustsvcsarahgmcustsvcsarah Member Posts: 1,964
    I see in the manual that, as jgentsch mentioned, the unlock button should be pressed first before the liftgate button with the key fob. We'd be happy to ask our Technical Assistance Center for more details on the operation of this feature if we could have somebody send us the last 8 digits of your VIN and question to socialmedia@gm.com (needed for documentation purposes as the question is submitted electronically).
    Sarah, GM Customer Service
  • elefelelefel Member Posts: 1
    Mine opens ALL the time. 2011 Equinox. Even when the fob is on the kitchen table. So annoying. Also will not close completely sometimes. I'm ready to tear my hair out!!!! Dealer looks at me like I'm nuts and says I am pushing the button. It even opens when the control in the car is set to OFF!
  • 85supragts85supragts Member Posts: 1
    Have a 2015 equinox LT 1 and the lift gate will raise with either the remote button pressed or by pressing the button between the license plate lights on the lift gate, problem is that it will not go down when the buttun is pressed on the remote or by pressing the button on the inside of the lift gate lowerpanel. The lights flash when either button is pressed but it will not power down. Any suggestion, thinking that gate actuator is out of time. Is that possible. If so how can this be corrected. Thanks