Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Road Trip!

Comments

• Stever@EdmundsStever@Edmunds YooperlandPosts: 38,950
    edited December 2013
    Traffic wasn't bad, and we scored a good parking spot right off the bat. Cody's was excellent (mine was a Benedict, not an omelet - my wife had the fish tacos). The play was well done. Good thing since if it had been a snoozer, I definitely would have been sawing logs. Eating Italian tonight somewhere in Little Italy. Go back on the diet tomorrow (Kyota Sushi was lunch today after touring the gardens at Balboa Park). Lovely weather.

The Camaro outside the San Diego Automotive Museum.

• imidazol97imidazol97 Crossroads of America: I70 & I75Posts: 17,702

I could love that Camaro especially with the top down. Of course, here that will be a little cold.

This message has been approved.

@imidazol97 said: Of course, here that will be a little cold.

The two level heated seats worked great. :)

• xwesxxwesx Fairbanks, AlaskaPosts: 8,268

@Stever@Edmunds said: The two level heated seats worked great.

Wait..... YOU drove that Camaro? I didn't know you were able to drive cars built in this millenium! Congrats! :p

• gagricegagrice San DiegoPosts: 28,676

Steve was driving the water truck. Someone parked that Camaro in front of him.

Break-up is happening fast here in the UP and the sun is back. It's really nice out. That means it's time to leave town. B)

Heading for VA and TN to visit family in a couple of days, about 3,000 miles round trip in the van. That should get us within a couple of thousand miles of my magic 200k goal.

@Stever@Edmunds said: ...That should get us within a couple of thousand miles of my magic 200k goal.

Like this?

Sweet. :-)

• Michaell@EdmundsMichaell@Edmunds ColoradoPosts: 1,144

@Stever@Edmunds said: Break-up is happening fast here in the UP and the sun is back. It's really nice out. That means it's time to leave town. B)

Heading for VA and TN to visit family in a couple of days, about 3,000 miles round trip in the van. That should get us within a couple of thousand miles of my magic 200k goal.

Safe travels!

We've got a road trip planned for the end of May - a week long trip to Sante Fe for some R&R. Just a few hundred miles each way.

michaell@edmunds.com

Moderator, Prices Paid and Leasing Experiences

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

On a road trip this week in Pacific Beach. About 35 miles from home. It is a beautiful 4 bedroom right on the boardwalk. Our friend always insists that we take the master bedroom on the third floor with wrap around glass overlooking the Pacific. Spring break so lots of college kids. Perfect 75 degree weather. No morning fog like in the Summer here.

Our first major trip will be in June when we head to see the kids in Indiana. About a 5000 mile jaunt. Looking forward to the road with the Touareg TDI. Best vehicle I have ever owned. Over all mileage first 8200 miles is 26.8 MPG. I expect to break 30 MPG this trip. Do not miss flying at all. The Feds have ruined what used to be an enjoyable way to travel.

Haven't heard lately if the whales are still thick out there. Seems like there used to be a good used bookstore in an old theatre there but I may be confusing my beach towns. Spring Break already? Now I know why my brother went back home from Florida this week.

About the 200,000.8 mi picture of my leSabre..., I wanted to get it at 200,000.0 but it slipped up on me.

Road trip: at least you're getting out of MI before the next cold front with snow comes through in a couple of days.

Spring break: is escaping the onslaught of youthful college revelers the reason I have been seeing lots of Ontario and Michigan plates heading up I-75 the last many days?

edited March 11

Yeah, we're heading for Port Huron and looks like we'll be driving south into the snow. May not get there Wed. night. -edit- Lousy forecast so we're delaying a day.

Gary, I think the bookstore was in Pacific Beach but my wife thinks it was in La Jolla. Probably not there anymore anyway.

@Stever@Edmunds said: Gary, I think the bookstore was in Pacific Beach but my wife thinks it was in La Jolla. Probably not there anymore anyway.

There are several Book stores and thrift shops in PB. The ladies like to walk along Grand and Garnet wandering through the shops. Lots of restaurants. About 1 in 4 worth doing twice. Our favorite Thai place Narraya closed up. So looking for a new favorite. Lot of surfers out this morning.

@gagrice said: On a road trip this week in Pacific Beach. About 35 miles from home.

Thirty five miles constitutes a road trip?!

@gagrice said: About a 5000 mile jaunt.

That's more like it!

I hate leaving my mountain top for more than a short drive to Costco. It has to be very special to go to San Diego or the Beach. A week in this place I consider worth fighting the traffic for.

edited March 11

So you don't think I am hallucinating for all you in winter weather. image

@gagrice said: So you don't think I am hallucinating for all you in winter weather. image

Posting pictures like that has to be against some rule on Edmunds. :grin

It's up in the 50s and 60s here temporarily and I'm really having spring fever. The pictures are the last straw when I know 30 DEG is coming again tomorrow I believe. Temps drop all day ending in rain/snow mix.

Gary sure knows how to rub these things into wounds, doesn't he?!

We're having pretty nice weather here, too. We hit 43 yesterday after starting at around zero, and temps to start today are ten degrees warmer than that. Highs today are calling for similar to yesterday (up into mid-30s, maybe 40). Not quite sunbathing weather, but getting real close!

:p