Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2012 Subaru Impreza

Comments

• tyguytyguy ColoradoPosts: 804
    edited February 2012
    The Ventureshield install was $500. I priced self-install kits, but the bumper would have been VERY challenging and the pre-cut hood would not have allowed for rolling the edges, leaving that exposed area vulnerable to chips. I'm the kind of person that likes doing things for myself, but in this case, I'm confident in my decision to hire a pro.

Oh, I forgot to mention in my previous post that we had the headlamps covered, too. The wax I use prevents headlight hazing, but they still get shipped and cracked from rock hits, so I wanted the protection.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    Boxers have a unique sound, but the old air cooled ones sounded a lot different than water-cooled ones do.

They have an inherent 2nd order balance and do without the balance shafts that an in-line 4 requires, reducing reciprocating mass. It's one of the reasons a 2.0l Impreza AWD matches the tiny Kia Soul's gas mileage, even with FWD and Direct Injection. :shades:
  • xwesxxwesx Fairbanks, AlaskaPosts: 8,406
    I wonder if that is something that could be installed over glass (such as the windshield). I'm not sure how the Impreza's glass will hold up, but recent model years, at least for Subaru, tend to chip and crack much easier than they did in the past.
  • kanjiikanjii Posts: 99
    The slope on these Imprezas are very low, like back in the days when I had a Civic and Integra. Never had a crack or a chip on those cars. Its so streamlined, I even drove it in the rain without using wipers....the water just blows right off when driving on the freeway. Please note, these are very short cycles of rain and would not recommend doing this. Thank you for your copperation :P
  • Anyone else noticed this? Happens to mine a lot
    Only happened once on the first day I drove it home adn into the garage. Since then, no more.
  • seaflipperseaflipper Posts: 4
    edited February 2012
    Hi Everyone, I just ordered my 2012 Sport Limited this week. It's my 3rd new Subaru so I'm very excited to get this.

I was told about 8 weeks since this was a factory order, what are others experiences out there with wait times right now?
    You'll get it in 4 weeks...5 tops. When I ordered my on 11/27/11, they said it will be here 1/21/12. It came in wednesday 12/21/11. I was happy and bummed at teh same time. Happy its here, but bummed I wasn't able to save up for an extra month :)
  • mmyk72mmyk72 Posts: 67
    The slope on these Imprezas are very low, like back in the days when I had a Civic and Integra. Never had a crack or a chip on those cars

My Integra hasn't gotten many rock chips also and I agree the slope is quite low (very classy design). BUT, I think the hood being flush with the front bumper helps deflect the air current to keep things from hitting the hood (just a guess). The Impreza isn't designed like that though.
  • I'm on my 4th week of waiting for my Sport Limited, and the dealer emailed this Tuesday and said it should be here in 3 weeks.
    A 6 to 8 week wait is what I was originally told, and can't wait to receive it.

Why is it taking so long to get these new Imprezas, anyone??
    I think it is due to Subaru not being one of the big 3 carmakers in japan, so they make less cars, plus the tsunami, and earthquake, and maybe because this is a new model, they were a bit cautious in producing them? That's my guess. :blush:
    True. My '06 Xterra had the aerodynamics of a brick ;)
  • Thought I would post a link to pics of my Sport Premium. Haven't seen many white satin pearls out there

link title

• dcm61dcm61 Posts: 1,457
    Thought I would post a link to pics of my Sport Premium. Haven't seen many white satin pearls out there

Looks sharp in white with the grey wheels and black accents.

Pretty sure I'm going to splurge for the Sport Limited w/ Moonroof. For the extra $2088 (vs Sport Premium w/ CVT) you get leather, auto climate control, HD radio, moonroof and a few odds and ends.

Now I have to decide the color. I've narrowed it down to 4 ... Ice Silver, Satin White, Marine Blue, and Camillia Red. My brother has a 2012 Ice Silver OB and Mom has a 2011 Azurite Blue OB.

Decisions, decisions.
  • I am leaning toward filly loaded Sport Ltd as well. Sage Green 2-tone or Red Camelia. One has ivory leather and one has black leather. Can't decide which I would prefer.
  • Awesome pics, looks great!

I'm awaiting my dark grey metallic Sport Limited. These pics make me all that more excited to get mine.
  • odie6lodie6l Hershey, PaPosts: 1,078
    Nice...

I'm in a toss up between the Sport Limited with the Marine Blue with Silver / White pin stripping (gotta get my Detroit Lions colors in there) or the Camellia Red.

I would be getting from the get go the following things added on;

Moonroof
    Crossbars - Aero
    Hood Protector / Stone Guard
    Roof Spoiler

Odie
    After viewing some of the pictures, I think if I end up getting the Sport Limited I might have to fully trick this pony out.

Here is a Link to Pictures of alot of the options.

Odie
  • I really love that Camillia red! The window drip moldings look really good too but I don't like how they don't go all the way on the rear window. Looks incomplete to me.

When I was signing all my paperwork at the dealership, I saw the Camillia red and had a moment where I thought "Crap, now I kinda like the red!" but I decided to stick with my initial choice of the WSP. Retrospectively, I made the right choice.

I'm thinking about tinting my windows, just a little tint. Something that matches the tone of the gunmetal wheels. I also have a friend that installs the string LED lights on cars so I'm thinking about adding a few of those. Not sure where yet. Maybe some eyebrows
    After looking through all the pictures I have added alot more to my initial build (if I get the vehicle.)

Add-ons... (1st 4 were the original choices)

Moonroof
    Rear Spoiler
    Crossbars - Aero
    Hood Deflector
    Mesh Grill
    Full Underspoiler Kits (Front, Rear, Areo, & Strake)
    110w Outlet (need this for the rear DVD's :shades: )
    Possible upgrade to Goodyear tires.

Odie
  • yes I agree not too many white, beautiful! Waiting for my white hatch.. I will be driving from S.F. Bay area thru CA central valley to Sierra Foothills 105 degrees in summer, can't see getting into dark colored car in these conditions. Lot easier to heat inside up than to cool down. '
    thanks for pics
  • nbonbo Posts: 11
    thx for the pics. I just took delivery on a white sport premium $20300 before tax and everything last week. The car has been rock solid so far. However, for the oil changing intervals. My dealer told me to bring it in at 3750 and 7500. Which is little different than everybody else? So don't know who to trust yet. What do you guys think ?
  • I read there was a revision in the manual that said 7500. What does your manual say? That's what i would trust.
  • Looks like a reward type credit card that earns you Subaru bucks. Up to 500 a year for repairs, oil changes....etc. thought i'd share.
    edited February 2012
    Yes, this is a Chase-issued card that many of us use already. It's very handy. I think the process used is a little cumbersome, but the results are great! :shades:

It can be used for Subaru parts, service, or the purchase of a new vehicle.
  • mmyk72mmyk72 Posts: 67
    If you have the Subaru cc already, can you tell me if you can only redeem the subaru bucks in 100 increments. And once they send you the 100 subaru bucks, does the certificate expire?
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    Yes, $100 increments, though you can buy t-shirts, accessories, tires, Subaru Gold warranties, even pay for body shop work. I have.

I think you get 5 years from the date of issue to use them.
  • paopao Posts: 1,867
    my dealer stated the same..however the first one...3750 was a freebie on the dealer.....so didnt cost me anything but a little time...after that they stated every 7500....with the next one due at 7500.....which is the interval in the manual.......

I took the first one as the break in change......to be honest...my MPG increased slightly after the first change...which I did at 3300 just based on my timing and availability to get the change done.....will roll 4K on the way home today during the commute...after 7 weeks of ownership.....

would say if not free.....and not severe driving pattern....do as the owners manual states......
  • dcm61dcm61 Posts: 1,457
    edited February 2012
    I think you get 5 years from the date of issue to use them.

* 4 year expiration
    * non-transferable
    * maximum of $500 rewards (3% of $16,666.66 charges) per year. Year is based on credit card anniversary, not calendar year.
    * $2000 redemption max (4 yr x 500/yr)

P.S. I have $1900 accumulated; will most likely earn the final $100 next month. :) 1st reward expires 4/4/2012 = Gotta order me an Impreza Sport Limited w/ Moonroof SOON.

P.P.S. Also have a $250 discount certificate (email from Philly Auto Show sign-up) that expires 4/4/2012.
    I have not read anything about a redemption max, but yes, it would be difficult to exceed $2,000 in redemption on a single card's certificates. You could do so, however, because the certificates expire four years (originally was three!) from the date of issue, and the date of issue is based on the billing cycle end date during which your "rewards balance" exceeds $100.

Thus far, I have had my cards for about four years and used the certificates on two Subaru purchases (about $1,300 total redemption) and just recently purchased an extended warranty (another $1,500) for my '10 Forester.

I'm glad that this is a rewards card that I can actually use. If the US government hadn't screwed up air travel so terribly, I would most likely have an Alaska Airlines Visa instead.