Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2012 Subaru Impreza

Comments

• Thanks.....highest quote i received 22086 and lowest was 21399. All before taxes. I ordered 6 accessories as well
  • kanjiikanjii Posts: 99
    Were the 6 accessories included in the price?
  • I hear you....
    Considering my last car was a 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix...the 2 gallons less I can live with!! :D

I filled up yesterday...I got 362.1 miles on my first tank. I think I averaged 27 mpg. Not too shabby.
    Very good deal. What accessories did you get? What aftermarket parts do you see purchasing in the future?
  • I opted for the following:

fog lights
    rear spoiler
    exhaust tip
    side molding
    splash guards
    hood protector
    cargo protector

I'll end up doing the remote start next winter and maybe a dedicated set of winter tires as well. A roof rack and bicycle carrier is something i'll do in the months ahead. Other than that, will do the window tint on the back, but worried about the front. Cops in my town liked to pull me over in my current car so much, i ended up taking them off.
  • hcalcathcalcat Posts: 30
    Just ordered a Sport Ltd. in dark grey with the following options: side sills, body side molding, pop. equipment pkg, and splash guards. In Southern Cali and the dealer where I ordered it had zero 5-doors and 10 sedans in stock; they said they were selling the hatches practically as soon as they came in. They quoted me 6-8 weeks but they said it could be sooner. Paid invoice (around $23.1K before ttl) thru the Costco Auto program. Said Subaru was offering free 2 year maintenance on vehicles purchased by 1/31/2012. Subaru finance rate is also at an astoundingly low 0.9% thru the end of January (hope they extend it). Must take delivery by those dates to get benefits noted.

Of note is that I visited two dealerships and the sales staff were extremely professional, courteous, and helpful. Also of note is that I found the power to be adequate and the cvt transmission to be smooth and well connected. Handling and cornering were a plus, seating was comfortable, liked the arm rest extension capability on the center console, and noise was not intrusive during normal driving on streets and on the highway. I am coming from a 2007 CRV and my wife drives a 2011 Hyundai Accent.
  • camdollcamdoll Posts: 13
    I got the 5-door sport premium 5spd in white satin pearl with all-weather floor mats, heated seats, fog lights, side body moldings, strake kit and splash guards for $20,287. I'm in Portland , OR but from what I see on here that is a decent deal, right? :confuse:

I've gotta say, I'm someone who always wondered why people buy white cars, especially in the NW, but this white satin pearl looks amazing with the 17" gunmetal wheels and beige interior. It was love at first sight. However, when I was in the showroom finalizing all the paperwork, there was a sport premium in the Camelia red pearl with black interior sitting next to me. She looked gorgeous too! :shades:
    I do! I have the 5-speed too. I really enjoy the performance. I love down shifting and taking corners faster than anyone else. I have yet to feel any slippage, even on our super wet roads here in the NW. I realize that a lot of people are no so happy with the smaller engine and lesser hp with this Impreza, but I woud take that for the gas milage alone.

I did have a 2001 Mazda Protege automatic for the last 5 years, I don't think it would take much to beat that. I really didn't drive any other cars before I got the Impreza either. I have always had a thing for Subaru's and though when I started looking, I was set on a 2008ish Legacy sedan 5-speed. Needless to say, it was difficult to find but as soon as I saw the new style Impreza sport I was sold.
  • thom52thom52 Posts: 30
    seems like a darn good price, for a Sport Premium! And in the Northwest no less. We have found it seems a challenge to negotiate in the greater Seattle area. Most everyone will hit a so-called "invoice" pricing, although their idea of invoice seems to be higher than the usual sources. Below that is REALLY rare, especially for the hatches, as you noted. A couple of pricing tricks we have noted is that in Washington state the "documenation fees" are added on AFTER the deal is set, and are at the legally set high limit of $150 EVERYWHERE. and they claim they are mandatory and are fixed, which they are NOT.

The best deal we could find on what we wanted was a special order (6-12 weeks wait, but "it might be sooner") Premium(NOT the Sport), hatch, Marine blue, CVT with the REQUIRED extra PZEV smog stuff in our state, and JUST the all-weather package. Deal is for $20,500, including destination charges and they tacked the $150 "documentation fees" on top of that,( we gave them flack for that but it still beat the next best deal) which I am not sure if people are including that in their prices quoted. TTL extra of course.

One thing that people MIGHT want to consider is the price and availability of of replacement tires. That was one of the driving reasons for us going with the 16 inch Premium wheels instead of the 17" wheel packages. Selection in 17" is a LOT less (but maybe sufficient) and a SET of GOOD replacement tires costs anywhere from $150 to $400 MORE(at least) for the 17" tires. Maybe not a deal breaker for many, but something to be aware of.
    I bough the two tone black/grey and was very surprised and extremely happy the interior was black. White looked great too and may be my next color of choice next time around. :blush:
    I feel ya camdoll. I fell in love with the sport when I first it too....lucky it came in at the right moment...I was so close to buying a Veloster until I heard it had the accent engine and then saw it at the auto show. After driving and owning an Impreza, I can't see myself in anything else.
    That was the total price paid for the car without taxes/registration/title fees. Those fees are fixed and required by the state so I don't feel its fair to count it into the price of the vehicle IMO. There was a $75 title and registration processing fee "paid to the dealer". Is that what you are referring to? I'm a Washington resident but I bought the car in Portland. Not sure what Washington would charge for that.

I did consider the tire cost. It was a painful decision but ultimately, I was set on buying the car that absolutely wanted without any compromise. And the 17"s are beautiful! Considering I drove a Protege around for years and am graduating with my BS in Biology this year, I figured I deserved it ;)

When buying the car, I didn't have to haggle at all. I proved from the moment I walked on the lot that I knew what I was talking about, knew what I wanted, and did my research. I think the salesman knew I wasn't going to take any crap. Funny thing is, I always thought I would have to haggle and play the "I don't trust you or believe a word you say" role when I went to a dealership but, I was relaxed and actually had a decent time. The whole deal only took maybe an hour.

It was at Wentworth Subaru City and my salesman's name is Matthew Zimmer. He has been with that dealership for 18 years and was very pleasant.
    Now that I know what "love at first sight" actually feels like, I gotta find it in a man! ha! :D

Honestly, I almost looked at a civic hybrid. The mpg was nearly impossible to pass up. I even test drove a 2005 BMW 325ix (I have always loved the body style of that car), but I just couldn't deny my love for the Subaru. I would've been disappointed. On top of that, I am so happy to have a brand new car! Mine from the very beginning!
    You'll find it, a young lady with a BS degree and a hot new car....what's not to love ;) at this stage in life, wait till your career starts, then you can look at the BMW....but watch out, a WRX or STI can be even more tempting :blush:
  • bpizzutibpizzuti Posts: 2,743
    they said they were selling the hatches practically as soon as they came in.

But...but...Americans don't buy hatches, GM said so! :shades:
  • thom52thom52 Posts: 30
    seems like hatches are synonymous with Subaru in the Northwest.
    Its so obvious all the local dealers WAY over ordered sedans in my neck of the woods. (or were forced to buy a certain percentage of sedans from Subaru?)
    Checking out the dealers' on-line inventories, there seem to be few to none hatches and a pile of sedans. In fact you could probably cut a pretty good deal on a sedan right now. ;)
    This is going to be my wife's car and I was all psyched for getting a sedan, but she insisted on the hatch, much to my surprise. I think the sedan is a nice looking car and the huge trunk combined with folding rear seats actually gives it some very useable hauling space.
  • Hi camdoll,

Am thinking of the same color combination, and the same options.
    Wish they had the ultrasonic backup/reverse assist system as well - may have to look for some aftermarket installation.
  • 007fil007fil Posts: 9
    Awesome to hear you fell in love with the Sport, and that you can't see yourself in anything else, as I am waiting for my Sport Limited to come in shortly. Can't wait!

ps hope to be among the spirited drivers too.
  • prestcoprestco Posts: 10
    ordered my limited hatch a couple of weeks ago.. who told you about .9% financing ? and free maintenance? want to email my sales guy but want to have the right info.
    Thanks