Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2012 Subaru Impreza

Comments

• ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    Just to reinforce that decision, residuals are highest for Premium models, traditionally. So resale is best.
  • minghiminghi Posts: 21
    Does anyone think the the wagon looks very bland in general, but gets much better with the two tone color on the sport premium? i'm unable to decide between the two-tone in blue & black. the green will make the car look 20 years old.
  • backybacky Twin CitiesPosts: 18,769
    This will be a looooong-term car for me. I am more concerned about what the car will be like to live with vs. resale value. I think I'd miss things like cruise and aux/iPod jacks. Not to mention a center console. And the plastic wheel covers are hideous. So looks like the Premium.
    I think the wagon looks sharp in the medium blue, or Camillia Red Pearl. With the aggressive wheel arches and the cuts in the back, I don't think it looks bland at all.

I had a two-tone Civic hatch once (1985). So I guess a two-tone Impreza would be a trip back 25 years for me.
    Spring for the all-weather package if you live in a cold climate.
  • xwesxxwesx Fairbanks, AlaskaPosts: 8,650
    I felt the same way, at least when looking at the builder on the website. The wagon looks much nicer in two-tone. On the road, however, I think the solid color wagons, at least in dark colors, look very nice.

The back end of the car is just so blocky. It makes me want to gag when I see it with light colors, but the dark ones seem to tone it down a bit.

In general, though, I'm leaning away from the Impreza as my own purchase... but I still want to drive one (or two). I have some time yet to decide what I want to purchase. We'll see what MY13 brings to the automotive world. :)
    2010 Subaru Forester, 2011 Ford Fiesta, 1969 Chevrolet C20 Pickup, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250 Pickup, 1974 Ford Pinto Wagon
    What does it give me besides heated mirrors? I'm getting cloth so I don't need heated seats. I would think ALL Subarus would be equipped for cold climates... look at the photos of the Impreza on subaru.com--most of them are snowy (i.e. cold).
    Heated mirrors, seats, and heat pads under the wiper blades (front only). Honestly, the only useful feature is the heated mirrors. All cars should come with those as a safety feature.
    2010 Subaru Forester, 2011 Ford Fiesta, 1969 Chevrolet C20 Pickup, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250 Pickup, 1974 Ford Pinto Wagon
  • rshollandrsholland Posts: 19,710
    edited December 2011
    Gotta have the bun warmers! ;)

Seriously, I would never buy another car without heated seats. Once you live with them for a while, you'll agree. On a cold day, they'll warm you up much faster than the car's heater.

Bob
    I agree, with leather. But with cloth? The seat is warm in 30 seconds or so. I am surprised not to see heated side mirrors on car that starts at $18k. I've only had one vehicle, a Grand Caravan, with the defrost elements under the wipers, so I can probably live without that feature.

A Premium hatch with MT lists around $20k. Not too bad... actually pretty close to the likes of a Focus SE hatch with alloys, and that doesn't have AWD.
  • shiposhipo Posts: 9,152
    Can't say I agree regarding the heat-seaters; I've had three cars with the heaters, and my wife has had three others. Cloth, leather, vinyl, it matters not, I cannot stand heaters on my back side. When I get in my wife's car I don't even make it up our driveway before I'm batting away at the buttons on the dash to shut the power off to the freakin' seats.

Now, heated mirrors and even heated landing zones for the wipers, yeah, not only are they a "nice to have" here in southern New Hampshire, I consider them a "must have".
    edited December 2011
    I too have had several cars with seat heaters, and I'm a true believer in them. To each his own, I guess.

I only wish Subaru would add a heated steering wheel (like BMW, etc.) to their AWP. Oh, and before you comment—I hate driving with gloves on. :)

Bob
    Count me as a fan, too. Our heated seats are perforated leather, but I wish my Miata (cloth had them).

Interesting side note - I went for a ride in a friend's G37S, loaded up, heated leather seats. It has a heating element only on the seat base.

My wife's Forester has a heating element on the base, and another one on the back.

So Subaru's heated seats are better than Infiniti's!
    I agree with you on the heated steering wheel, Bob! I could absolutely go for that.

On the seats, though? I'm with shipo - I just don't prefer them. I might on leather, though - at least for a minute or two.

The pricing is really what keeps me considering the Impreza versus some other compact hatch. Well, that and the AWD... and the Subaru Bucks I have at home. :blush:
  • yep, another thumbs up for heated seats (cloth). Major difference vs non-heated, and it's not just the quick warming, it also seems to ease back tension/discomfort on long drives too.

John
    edited December 2011
    That's true John. I have a bad back, and the seat heater does help. I even use it on days that aren't cold.

Bob
  • bg18947bg18947 Posts: 184
    edited December 2011
    I picked up my car on 12/12, and I am happy with the car so far. I'll share with you my initial driving impression and that of other owners discussing on other forums.

Good: CVT works well, smart grade logic down-shifting, manual mode operation was surprising good; good suspension; good road feel; room all around for a compact; great visibility up front and on the side, mediocre in the back with the smaller rear hatch window. Clean engine compartment without ridiculous panels.

Bad (so far): The visors are really cheap vinyl plastic (expect that it will crack/split eventually); quality of the leather seating is so-so.

Haven't Tried Yet: A/C cooling (it's winter baby); defrosting & defogging (waiting for the snow); outside lighting (haven't driven in the evening yet).

Subjective: I got the Ice Silver on the Sport Limited and the dark colors do look better for the hatch due to the bold block design of the rear end (as per Minghi). But, I got the silver because it will hide dirt best.

Already put winter rubber on my Impreza and I still have good road feedback with the softer rubber.
  • Love your new car. How much did you pay for the car before taxes and fees? And also whats your MPG so far... thanks. Might be tradeing in my 2010 honda crv for this car,
  • bg18947bg18947 Posts: 184
    I paid $800 below invoice for the Sport Limited with a Moonroof. Got my car from Ramsey Subaru in New Jersey. They are still offering that price through ZAG.com. The catch is they charge you $300 for advertising/documentation fee and another $200 for window VIN etching. So, it's more like $300 below invoice which is still a good price. I'm still waiting for the $500 gift certificate for pre-ordering which is coming from Subaru of America. I believe the invoice was $23,910, including the moonroof, rear bumper applique, cargo tray, and homelink/compass/mirror.

Overall, I am happy with the car. It's actually the wife's, replacing her 2000 Legacy GT Limited. I find the suspension on the new Impreza better than on the old Legacy. I can take turns even faster on this econobox.
  • paopao Posts: 1,867
    cant be happier with the new purchase...got the 5D Limited in Deep Cherry Pearl with Ivory interior...added moonroof/w nav, pkg #1, splash guards out the door for under invoice....MSRP was $25782, and got it for $24,400, TTL was approx $1950, so drive off the lot for $26350.

First Impressions, agree with the cheap sun visors, drive is better than expected, no delay in acceleration like we have with our 2011 Outback. Night lighting is excellent with the projector lamps and fogs on; leather seating is comfortable though I do miss the electric controls as its all manual; handling in good and long hauls, since I have 110 Mile round trip commute every day feels good. No feel on gas mileage yet as Im on the first tank, but have gone 125 miles so far with the computer showing 300 miles remaining. Gas tank capacity is 14.5 gals so we will see at the first fill up.

Nav system is better than what I have in an 09 Cadillac CTS, bluetooth works flawless and is crystal clear, the multimedia center takes a while to learn, but I have XM, and memory stick hooked to the USB port all work well, though I need to work the file structure on the memory stick in order to show titles and songs on the display. The HD radio is also an interesting addition as this is the first I have heard one...

more later as the driving experience grows. I ordered the car in mid Nov and arrived at the dealership in less than 4 weeks.
  • bpizzutibpizzuti Posts: 2,743
    what RPMs are you turning at 65-70 MPH?

I'm thinking similar config, but being in the Mid Hudson Valley in NY, Subies here sell for MSRP. If I'm not willing to pay it, someone else will...
  • nbonbo Posts: 11
    I just order my 2012 Subaru Impreza Premium Sport CVT from the dealer. The Out the door price is $21400. I have to make a 500 bucks deposit. Is this pricing good or I can do better? Now my question is does this trim level comes with The rear spoiler and the sliding armrest?
    edited December 2011
    Im thinking its turning around 23-2400 RPM...I will have to check tonight on the way to be sure
    if that price includes TTL I would say that is an OK price....I seeing an offer for 19,500 plus TTL on trucar pricing... in my area....anything less than 20K plus TTL is probably good pricing.....as far as the rear spoiler..not sure....the sliding armrest....dont think so as that is an accessory item and my 5DR limited didnt come with it....its my first upgrade along with the door sill plates.
    Wow, that would be REAL nice.

I'm currently flipping around between that and the Focus in my head. Tough decision.
    I looked at both..as my dealer is also a Ford dealer as well...the same equipped focus 5D was $1500 more on the sticker price than the Impreza....for the same mileage, however I took the AWD into consideration with my commute here in MD and the winter weather.....for the estimated mileage, it cant be beat
  • dcm61dcm61 Posts: 1,478
    edited December 2011
    ....the sliding armrest....dont think so as that is an accessory item and my 5DR limited didnt come with it....

According to subaru.com ... Center console with adjustable armrest lid is standard in Premium and above trims.
    well certainly will have to check mine then.....I certainly dont think I have it...but havent really tried to see if it lifts and slides foward....to be honest
    checked on the commute home tonight...at 60 running about 1800 RPM, 65 approx 2150 RPM, 70 approx 2300 RPM and at 80 just over 2500 RPM when in top gear on cruise control.
    That low? Wow, that's something, maybe that engine's got a better low end than I thought.

I still wonder if they'll add DI or up the compression a bit for 2013 though. :shades: