Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!





Electrical Smell precedes Fuel Gauge Failure: Is it safe to drive?

Please help.

While driving my 2002 I35 there was a brief smell like electrical insulation burning. Shortly afterwards I noted that my fuel gauge was stuck on zero.

I spoke to my mechanic who told me it is unsafe to drive and a fire hazard because it might be the fuel sender wiring.

The Infiniti dealer says it will cost minimum of $250 to investigate and if it is a wiring issue it could cost as much as $3000 to repair.

Please advise.

I have no problem driving without a working fuel gauge ... but is it really a fire hazard? Can the repair really be that expensive?

Thank you for your help.

Larry

Comments

Sign In or Register to comment.