Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevrolet Aveo Maintenance and Repair

12345679»

Comments

• According to my mechanic (in a large metropolitan city) this is happening around 70,000 miles. It's not covered by a warranty in most cases. I am contacting GM and will expect them to repay me some of the $1400 I'm out in repairs, at the very least. We'll see if they back this product with their name on it. I had zero problems with my car prior to the housing bursting almost 2 months ago. Now, I have nothing BUT PROBLEMS.
  • gmcustsvcsarahgmcustsvcsarah Posts: 1,964
    denise1961,

I see you are planning on contacting us about reimbursement. If you wanted to do so via email, please use either of them listed in the biography section of my Edmunds profile. Include whether or not the work was performed at one of our dealerships, your name/Edmunds username, phone and address, the last 8 digits of your VIN and current mileage, and the name of your dealer.

Regards,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • I replace my timing belt and it cost me about $600 in my GM dealership. It is recommended to change the water pump when you change the timing belt because they are in the same area and it is a pain in the butt to access that are. So, if the shop charges you by the hour, it is a good idea to do it at the same time since you will be paying less in labor time. The OEM air filter costs $15 and you can replace it yourself with a screw driver. It is also recommended to change it every 15k miles according to the manual.

Replacing the air filter and the spark plugs and wires (which should be done every 30k miles) should increase your MPG about 10% to 20%. Also, you may want to add a Fuel System Cleaner to your gasoline tank.
  • I have the same problem with my 2004 Sunshine Yellow Aveo. GM simply sucks. his is the last car I would ever by from GM.
  • I had the EXACT same issue - very disappointing. 20,000 miles, tires were worn on outside. Took to Chevy Dealer under warranty & they told me the tires were over inflated. Steel belts were shot in tires, thumping noise existed when slowly going over bumps or curbs. Put new tires on the car, and they lasted 20,000 miles, too before belts shifted & wore uneavenly. I drive the car with extreme caution by avoiding potholes, etc..., so this is a bad design. Now, I'm told the strut mounts are bad at 60,000 miles & nothing has changed since I took it in at 20,000 miles. Why didnt' they properly diagnose the problem when it was under warranty. Now, they want $650.00, which is ridiculoulsy high when I can get it done for 1/2 the cost at my local mechanic. The dealerships always wonder why they dont' get any business. This is a good example why.
  • Good morning 2008aveoblack,

Thank you for taking the time to post. If there's anything you would like for us to look into, please send the following information to us at socialmedia@gm.com:your name and Edmunds username, phone and address, the last 8 of your VIN and current mileage, and the name of your dealership.

Sarah, GM Customer Service
  • I have a very similar problem with my Aveo 2009, 21000 km. I took my car to the dealership and they said that the car "was exposed to aggressive chemicals". I called GM customer service and they basically repeated the words I heard from the dealer without even looking at the car. I had a few GM and not GM cars in the past and none of them had similar problem. Some of them were pretty old, 10+ years.

What am I supposed to do now? I am thinking of going to the Small Claim Court but not sure if this is going to help.
  • What do you want from this forum? Sympathy? Agreement? Or do you just want a place to vent and badmouth GM without providing any proof of your complaint?

Without seeing your car or at least seeing photos showing any defect in it, we have no way of rendering any opinion as to whether your complaint has any validity or not.

Going to small claims court is indeed a waste of time and effort if you cannot prove your claim.