Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

All-New 2012 + Toyota Camry

Comments

• sandman_6472sandman_6472 Coral Springs, FLPosts: 2,703
    edited November 2011
    I'll bet the reliability of Toyota products blows away those of any VW product hands down. Every manufacturer will have some problem cars, especially with a first yer model, so to make any blanket statement is just idiotic! I'd bet the JD Powers reliability figures place Toyota way above VW and many other brands. Just to be sure, I did test drive a new Jetta SE a few weeks ago and it was just...well, o k. The interior is definitely decontented as compared to the last generation and it drove just like the Ford Focus I had driven an hour previously. But was not an impressive car in any area...my current Civic felt more peppy even with it's smaller engine!

Will definitely have the wife try the Jetta but just don't think we'll even consider a purchase...just don't trust any VW product. And coming from our super reliable Mazda, think we'll stick with a foreign brand again unless the new Buick Verano really blows our socks off...and hoping it does as I really love the looks of it, even more than the Elantra.

The Sandman :) :sick: :shades:

2014 Hyundai Tuscon SE/2005 Mazda 3s/2008 Hyundai Accent GLS/2009 Nissan Versa SL hatch

• My wife's 04 Sienna had similar issue with the left steering sensor, which caused the complete lost of steering. Was just out of warranty and cost $600+. The van has been OK since.
  • I got only 25 MPG from my new 2012 Camry LE on 50%city+50%highway, though the highway is congested. It this normal? I do drive a bit "eager", but not like a maniac. I wonder if there is anything wrong with the car, or my driving.
  • mcdawggmcdawgg Posts: 1,668
    A "congested" highway, and 50% city, and "eager" driving? I'd say the car is fine.
    A 2004 Sienna had electric power steering, or hydraulic??
  • Don't know either electric or hydraulic. But it's the sensor, which cost 600+.
  • I just got my 2012 this weekend. Love the entune system, but you are right, it totally drains my droid's battery whether I am playing the music on my cell or not.

I have a Zune player rather than the ubiquitous ipod and it does not appear to be compatible except through the auxillary port, but I have to crank the volume up to the max because the sound is so weak. I read that the max number of files and folders it will recognize is 999. Since I have 12,000 songs on my Zune, that could be my problem.

Your best bet is to copy your favorite mp3s onto a jump drive and plug it into the USB port. I did this and it worked like a charm. Sound quality was excellent. If your music is on the Cloud, just make sure your phone is plugged in to the charger to keep the batteries going.
  • I have the same problem. boughat 2012 Camry SE on Nov 21 and very weird noise comiong from driver side top corner.
    took it to dealership and they said they can hear nothing. for them there is no noise. took it to another dealership they said there is no noise. have no idea what to do. for sure this is my last Toyota ever. Toyota quality is not the same as before they go for quantity rather than quality. very disapointed.
  • Is weird noise coming from driver side a common issue for all 2012 Camry models? Is it really annoying?

Want to buy 2012 LXE. Please, help.
  • I have had 3 other Camry. All have been great, soft ride and road friendly.
    My 2012 Camry SE 4, has a very stiff ride and also it "tramlines", follows the grooves of the road. I have never had this with my other Camry.
    Is anyone else experiencing this?
    The SE (Sport Edition) is supposed to be like that. The suspension is set-up much stiffer than the other verisons of the Camry (base, LE, XLE) to be more "sports car" like.
  • 2012 V6 SE, leather, moon roof, convenience pkg.

Disappointed that leather package is not all leather.

Still playing around with the Display Unit. Voice Recognition system does not work well.

The TPMS display shows 4 tires across the screen instead of the display with the outline of the car with the pressure value next to the respective tire.

How can you tell which tire corresponds to the display? The manual(s) nor the display do not identify the order of the readout.
  • I don't know about LXE model but my 2012 Camry SE was a big mistake. for that money I could get much better car. I went for CAMRY name and didn't do proper research about other cars and options.
    What bothers me that dealerships are not friendly and deny this brain eating sound. I am 43 and had more than 8 diffrent cars including 3 Toyota cars but this never happened. hope more people will come forward to complain about this and Toyota will make a recall otherwise I have to keep a pair of ear plugs in the car.
    What are you talking about? Your post doesn't make sense or maybe your experience with the English language is the problem. I just don't understand what you are saying.

2014 Hyundai Tuscon SE/2005 Mazda 3s/2008 Hyundai Accent GLS/2009 Nissan Versa SL hatch

• My reply was for astra3 and which part you don't get?? Do you work for Toyota?? I hope you do! you should tell them what kind of CRAP is 2012 Camry. to all new car buyers out there all I can say is that "DO NOT BUY CAMRY 2012".
    sandman I hope you will understand English as you grow up, no rush !
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,907
    edited December 2011
    Sandman doesn't work for Toyota.

Your message was a bit unclear, because it's basically just a rant against Toyota and the Camry, and doesn't really explain what issues you are having with your vehicle. You say there's a noise, but it isn't clear what kind of noise and where it's coming from. It's clearly still under warranty. When you went in to try to get it fixed, did you ride along with someone from the dealership so you could show them when & where the noise occurred?

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• How about the tram-lining? Follows the rut of the road so you swing left to right / right to left and it does not seem stable on the road. I know some low profile tires do that, but this is 215/55-17.
    Thanks for your answer but I just skip over posts that are angry or don't make sense...this is a "fun" site and I treat it as such. :)

Booyah...I am...

• As for your tramline issue have you checked the tires? I believe the SE comes with Continental or Bridgestone tires. I've had similar issues with both of these brands on grooved roads. The Bridgestones (215/65-16) were so unsafe on grooved roads that I had to replace them at 1,200 miles on a new vehicle. Also got tired of my head beating against the side window. Went with Michelin Harmony tires and the problem went away.

Two other causes could be wrong tire pressure or the wheel alignment is off slightly.
  • I just bought the new 2012 Camry SE last week.
    Yes! The new SE gives me fatiguing feeling and headache on small bumps. This is a very uncomfortable experience. If you are buying an 2012 Camry SE, I suggest you do a test drive on freeway and on bumpy roads to see if you can endure this VERY annoying feeling. Enough drivers rise the issue, I think, Toyota may has to recall the 2012 Camry SE for the repair.
  • About 2012 Camry SE's suspension problem, read the below expert reviews by Kelsey Mays:
    "... I only wish Toyota had worked similar magic with the suspension. It doesn't jar as much through potholes and ruts, but small bumps are felt in a fatiguing, ever-present rhythm."
    (http://www.cars.com/toyota/camry/2012/expert-reviews/?revid=57553)

@shawn68,
    You are not alone, the new Camry SE actually gives me the uncomfortable vibration feelings and slight headache on the bumpy roads. I wish I knew this before I bought the car. Hope Toyota will fix the issue.
  • I noticed the suspension vibration problem with my new 2012 Camry SE V4. The issue may force Toyota recall 2012 SE because the stupid vibration over bumps is giving people sudden headache/dizziness while driving. If you plan to buy the new Camry SE, do the test drive long enough to see if you can endure the suspension vibration over road bumps.
  • alleycat10alleycat10 Posts: 18
    edited December 2011
    I test drove the Camry SE, Hyundai Genesis 3.8, Honda Accord EX, Honda CR-V EX and Toyota RAV4 base model all on the same rough road on the same day. The Genesis has an unstable and bouncy ride on rough pavement. The Accord has an uncomfortable driver seat. The Hondas were a bit too noisy for me as well as the Toyota RAV4 base model that is buzzy with engine noise at low speeds. I went for the Camry SE four cylinder model with upgraded driver seat. Had the Genesis been equipped with a more refined suspension, that would have been my choice. I liked the ride on all the others, well-controlled and compliant at the same time. I do like stiff, well controlled rides, but not with stiff rebound like that of the Genesis. The only drawback for the Camry SE four is the somewhat numb electric steering. I can live with that. I also drove the SE V6 that had better steering feedback, but didn't want the standard eighteen inch wheels and low profile tires that come with that model.
  • Have the fit for the window weatherstripping checked. You may be hearing noise from an airleak. I had the same issue with a Dodge Intrepid years ago that was repaired by replacing the weatherstrip on the driver side window.
  • alleycat10alleycat10 Posts: 18
    edited December 2011
    I just closed the deal on a 2012 Camry SE four cylinder in silver color as well. I did not want all of the electronic gadgets, moon roof and leather trim, so got the base SE with front seat upgrade, body side moldings and carpet matts. The price OTD was $24,314. That included 7% sales tax, registration and lemon law fee. I guess that is a reasonably good price. I drove the SE V6. It has better steering feedback than the base SE, but gets about 5 mpg less and comes standard with 18-inch wheels and low profile tires that I did not want because of high tire replacement cost and quick wear. The dealer threw in a lifetime drive train warranty to close the deal.
  • k111k111 Posts: 4
    I have been looking/discussing pricing for Camry LE in Dallas area with many dealership and this is the best I have seen so far -

Camry LE with NO Added options - $21,050 + TTL.

Is this a good deal ?

Thank you in advance.
  • Perhaps the vibration issue you're experiencing with your Camry SE with four cylinder engine is due to over-inflated tires. I haven't noticed such an issue with my new SE. I drove a 2012 Genesis 3.8 twice before deciding on the Toyota. My first test drive with the Genesis was marred by over-inflated tires making the ride very jittery on small pavement imperfections. I had the tire pressure reduced and that jittery ride issue went away.
  • Just picked up a 2012 silver Camry SE I4 for OTD price of $23,453. Have 7% tax.