Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

All-New 2012 + Toyota Camry

Comments

• kcmoverkcmover Posts: 29
    Mark,

Was it a 4 CYL or an 6 CYL Camry? XLE?

Thanks,
  • ewkidewkid Posts: 5
    I went from a V6 Maxima to the SEI4 Camry. Here are a few things I've noticed. The 4 is not like a 4 you may have driven 15-20 years ago. I feel it has enough power most of the time. The biggest thing she will notice is that the 4 will require her to push further down on the pedal to get up and go or pass. The engine does respond nicely as long as you get used to pushing the pedal down farther. The 4 will also sound more buzzy than the 6, but that's not to say it's loud or annoying. It's a good engine.

I drive about 100 miles a day and I'm happy with the 4 because I saved a few grand up front and I save daily on gas. She will need to drive both to be sure. If she has a heavy foot then she may like the 6 better. The 6 is a beast.
  • Hi

I am new to this but your post seems very informative. May I know what was the invoice price when you paid $22,400? Does the OTD include sales tax if yes may I know how much was it?

Also kindly bear with me for this rough analysis:
    Say I want to get a 2012 Toyota Camry LE, with automatic / power driver seat. The breakdown is as under (per Edmunds):
    Invoice = $20,588 + $392 (automatic seat) + $760 (destination fees) = $21,740
    MSRP = $22,500 + $392 + $760 = $23,652
    Now say if I pay $22,500 (somewhere in the middle of Invoice and MSRP) is that the OTD price? Is this a good price OTD or should I aim for $21,740 - $900 = $20,840?
    Now in order to figure out how much I end up paying, I should add:
    Sales Tax (6.5 - 7.5% since I am in Ill)
    Title Fees - $65 (for Ill)
    License Plates - $78 (for Ill)

Is there anything else I should add to get the final price?

Then finally of course I need to get an insurance which would be ~$1000 - $2000 depending on my record?

Thanks!
  • Hi,

I posted under the wrong heading hence posting once again, apologies for the repeat.
    Say I want to get a 2012 Toyota Camry LE, with automatic / power driver seat. The breakdown is as under (per Edmunds):
    Invoice = $20,588 + $392 (automatic seat) + $760 (destination fees) = $21,740
    MSRP = $22,500 + $392 + $760 = $23,652
    Now say if I pay $22,500 (somewhere in the middle of Invoice and MSRP), is this a good price OTD or should I aim for something lower than the invoice say $21,740 - $900 = $20,840?
    Now in order to figure out how much I end up paying, I should add:
    Sales Tax (6.5 - 7.5% since I am in Ill)
    Title Fees - $65 (for Ill)
    License Plates - $78 (for Ill)

Is there anything else I should add to get the final price?

Then finally of course I need to get an insurance which would be ~$1000 - $2000 depending on my record?
  • I have a 2012 Camry XLE and noticed a buzzing noise coming from my rear driver's side tire. When I clicked on the car button inside it originally said -- for tire pressure but then updated to 33. Does anyone know what this means?
  • I bought the I4 SE, after considering going with the V6 version. I did not buy the V6 because it comes with larger wheels and low profile tires that stiffen the ride a bit too much. In addition, the low profile tires wear out faster and cost quite a bit more than the 17-inch tires that are standard on the I4 model. There is, of course, the lower cost for the I4 model as well, both in purchase price and the difference in gas mileage, admittedly, not a lot. The V6 version has better steering feedback, however, not a big issue for me. Past experience with reliability shows the Toyota fours better than their sixes.
  • I purchased a 2012 SE V6 and find that the tires are too stiff and produce too much noise. I asked Toyota (I called their customer service 800 number) what replacement tires they would recommend that are not 'low profile' and they told me that changing the tires to any other size would void the warranty. If I knew before hand that the ride would be so stiff and noisy (especially the road noise), I would not have bought the car. Moreover that there is no viable alternative tire is disheartening.
  • Thanks very much for the info, windjammer. This was what I suspected, actually - that Camry is smoother & quieter than Accord.
  • ronn13ronn13 Posts: 5
    Today i got invoice for 2012 Camry SE V6

Camry SE V6
    Convenience package
    Carpeted Floor Mats
    Display Audio with Navigation Entune and JBL
    Door still Enhancements
    Leather Package
    Power Tilt/Slide Moonroof

Price - 28,320 + 190 + 24 + 1,712 + 23 = 30,269

Is this good deal ? i really appreciate your feedback
  • Let me lay the groundwork. I have had four new Toyotas in the past six years. All have had the JBL system, and every car that I had before that had an upgraded system.

I am looking at a 2012 XLE, and debating 4cyl vs V6. It is hard to find a 4cyl with the JBL system, but many V6s have it. In either case, it seems that you have to get the whole blind spot/safety connect package with the JBL system, which makes it a pricy upgrade, and I really don't want those features.

The basic Entune set up has six speakers and a sub, but no amp from what I can tell. JBL has eleven speakers I think.

So...any feedback? Who has listened to both systems? Is it worth the price? Keep in mind...for the most part I drive alone, and am jamming to tunes. LOL And I despise the base system in my Mom's 2010 LE. The JBL system in my 2010 SE is lightyears ahead.
  • suydamsuydam Posts: 882
    Interesting. I also have owned a Maxima which we have loved dearly. But I plan to replace it in a year or so with a Toyota Camry Hybrid. Clearly I'm more impressed with it than you are. I thought the ride was very smooth and the interior way above the previous Camry. But the mileage is especially what I would like to have and don't in my current Maxima.
  • ttbttb Posts: 40
    In the setup menu under vehicle, you can adjust the sensitivity of the automatic headlight.

Regarding the one touch window up/down feature, your dealer can fix it for you.
  • chase9chase9 Posts: 1
    I purchased the new Camry 2012 on the 19th of Jan. Sometimes when I try to start the car i.e. pressing the Engine Start button, my car goes dead. I know i am starting the car correctly, i.e. pressing the breaks and pressing the start button. Does anyone else have this issue?
  • oparroparr Posts: 61
    Just got a 2012 Camry and the engine has no exhaust manifold cover. In fact, none of them at the dealership had covers. The first explanation given by a salesman was that Toyota stopped using the covers because they rattled over time. This I didn't buy so I asked one of the head mechanics. He said they originally had covers but the new up-stream O2 sensor was longer than the original so they had to abandon the covers. Said I was the first one to notice this. What a load of crock.

When you fly the hood, the lack of a cover sticks out like a sore thumb. The 2009 that I turned in looks more refined under the hood because of this.
  • ttbttb Posts: 40
    Can I replace the low beam stock halogen bulbs of a 2012 LE with Philips H11 Crystal Vision Ultra bulbs?
    Thanks.
  • I have the same issue - there is a weird 'tink...tink..tink" coming from the front door panel. The tech took it a part - added insulation. Still there. He is checking with the regional rep but no solution yet.
  • auttautt Posts: 20
    Hi,

I just bought a Super White 2012 Camry SE V4 with Entune Nav and Soft-Tex power leather trim seats with black cloth inserts. I have driven it very little but did get on the highway, and long roads cruising at 45. Didn't hear any weird sounds. Also the one-touch mirror works for me. Didn't notice anything. The lights are always on auto and they behaved appropriately and promptly where I am concerned. My only complaint is that Toyota used cheap speakers and could have tuned there standard sound system a little bit more so that it sounded better. The 2012 Passat standard sound system was better sounding in comparison. Of course it sounds good compared to sounds systems from earlier in the decade. The SE suspension is not too bad, glad I went with v4 and got the 17'. I think 18' would be a bit too uncomfortable for a Camry. Love the "simulated" steering, felt it was better than the LE steering. Love Entune though the graphics are atrocious for 2012!! Look more like 2004 level. Tried XM, HD, Entune Pandora. All worked great! Love the voice guided navigation but wish you could do more Siri like natural commands. Overall, for a compromise family sedan with lots of space, reliability, safety and comfort, I would say the SE V4 with entune Nav and SoftTex leather trim with black cloth inserts is a good buy!
  • I have a 2012 Toyota Camry LE 4 cylinder. With the key ON engine OFF (the second position) , I hear a high pitched electrical noise from under the hood. Its a nonstop "eeeeeeeeeeeeeee". Its driving me nuts and no I do not have tinnitus LOL. The sound continued even after vehicle is running, although most was muffled by the sound of the engine. I was told by a friend that its probably a relay but I thought relays made clicking/ buzzing noises and usually stops in a few seconds.

Anyone else here experiencing the same problem? Thanks in advance.
  • I have had my 2012 Camry SE since October and now over 6000 miles. There is an unbearable constant humming/tire treat noise that starts at about 40MPH and continues. As if I have those large truck tires in the car. After the 5000 miles tire rotation, was even worse. I replaced the MXV4 with MXM4 and now it is even louder. There must be something wrong with the suspension. I read a few other messages about same issues. Is anyone experiencing this and has anyone found a remedy? I have had 3 other Camys and none had this issue.