Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Power Steering fail

13»

Comments

• gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,001
    Looking forward to an update, djquin. Hoping that all goes well!

Sarah, GM Customer Service
  • kman_nckman_nc Posts: 7
    Good luck with it. I started this string a long while back. You're lucky enough to fall under the guidelines they've set forth on a car issue that was a mechanical/engineering FAIL! I would have gladly fixed my own PS problem, but the car was a piece of sh**t and EVERYTHING was starting to fail when it died altogether. Luckiest day of my life. I sold it on Craigslist for what I could get, bought a loaded Kia Optima Limited (like the commercial) and am loving life!!!! You don't realize what junk this car is until you get a nice one. Let them fix it... then sell it while you can!!! Just my advice
  • The car is a 2007 Saturn Ion. It ran fine and now the power steering goes out until I restart the car. It has manual steering. I ought it used and the dealer said they can't fix it and I have to go to a GM dealer to have the codes read. Can someone tell me what to do?
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,001
    hazeleyes57,
    Let us know if you need assistance locating a GM dealership in your area to get this checked into. We can be reached at socialmedia@gm.com (include your name, contact information, the last 8 digits of your VIN, and ZIP code with your inquiry).
    Sarah, GM Customer Service
  • My 2007 Saturn Ion Sport Coupe has 103,000 miles on it. I just started having the problems with the power steering and was having it checked out by mechanics who obviously did not do their research. I was told the air conditioning cuts in to the power steering when parking so it wouldn't be a problem. Bogus. It cut out on me multiple times on the highway. I love my car. I do not have the money to replace the parts myself and I find this highly unfair, please help me keep this car!
13»