Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chrysler 300M Owners: Meet the Members

Comments

• scotianscotian Posts: 1,064
    It's the same amount, just spread out a bit.

I just go to Town Hall/Owner's Clubs/Chrysler 300M Club, click on the discussions that have the word "new" next to them (which includes the "regular" board), read some posts, maybe reply to some posts, maybe advertise my free custom clock faces yet again:

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1280646&a=9486000

Easy enough.

• graphicguygraphicguy SW OhioPosts: 6,883
    Karen:

Thanks to you and Edmunds for making this exclusive room for 300M enthusiasts. I know that there are other groups out there, but Edmunds is the only one I come to because of the diversity of topics and people. This is not a slight to the other groups, however. I'm sure they are good, too.

2001 300M (non-PHP)
    Red

Zero problems and can't understand why someone would pay more for any car when this one does everything so well.
  • I spoke to Dana/Community Manager and they are trying to get all the Club chats set up on

Tuesdays: 4-5pmPT/7-8pmET

-or-

Thursdays: 5-6pmPT/8-9pmET, 6-7pmPT/9-10ET, 7-8pmPT/10-11pmET (This last time would be kind of late for East coast, but is available if you want it.)

The first scheduled chat would be March 6 or 8.

Let me know what time works for you!

KarenS
    Host
    Owner's Clubs

Karen-Edmunds Community Manager

• Just picked up my Black 2001 300M Friday!! What a great car! It has performance pkg and luxury group. Handles like a dream. It was the only black with taupe interior I have seen. The dealer said it was his first one.
    Thanks to all your messages. It helped me find this incredible car.
  • Congratulations & all the best! Happy driving!
  • tmac93tmac93 Posts: 2
    I read several posts that mention that you can get a 300M coming off a 1 year corporate lease. How can I find out more about these type of vehicles? Not sure where to look to find these lease vehicles. If anyone can point me in the right direction, please let me know. THANKS!!!
    tmaclin93@yahoo.com
  • Karen@EdmundsKaren@Edmunds Posts: 5,028
    The Edmunds.com Drivers' Opinion Panel has just launched. This initiative will further establish Edmunds.com as the voice of the consumer by becoming a key source for automotive market research. Through this initiative Edmunds.com will send traffic to the Opinion Panel promotion and registration area. Members of the panel will participate in key market research studies for Automotive OEMs and related companies on-line as opposed to more traditional market research methods.

To become a member of the panel, please visit

Drivers' Opinion Panel

KarenS
    Host
    Owner's Clubs

• scotianscotian Posts: 1,064
    I want to talk to that chick leraning on the car... :-)
  • rogor2krogor2k Posts: 385
    Greetings all,

I have a question from a visitor to the www.300mclub.org web site. I couldn't provide an answer, but I know some of you troubleshooters out there will. Here's the question:

------------------------------------------

We have a 2000 model 300M that we bought new in July, 2000. A few days after we purchased the car, we noticed that it emitted a fairly large
    puff of smoke when it was first started. The car only did this when the engine was cold. When the engine was warm, no smoke was seen.

We took the car to the dealer. At first, they said that the car was operating within normal limits. After the problem persisted, we took
    the car back to the dealer again. This time they acknowledged that the smoking was not normal.

The dealer replaced the fuel injectors. They suspected that one or more were leaking. This did not solve the problem. The dealer then put dye in the oil and drove the car for a couple hundred miles. The plugs were then checked for traces of dye. The dye test proved inconclusive.

The dealer then pulled the cylinder heads and replaced the left one. This seemed to solve the problem. That was last October. This week, we

noticed the smoking problem is back. We will take the car back to the dealer again.

Other than the smoking problem, the 300M has been a great car. Have any of the other 300M owners that frequent your web site experienced the smoking problem? If so, we would sure be interested in hearing about their experience and what was done to solve the problem.

-----------------------------------------

Any help/feedback would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Roger Waters President,

Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Club

http://www.300mclub.org
  • easyrider300measyrider300m Posts: 1,116
    there is an Auto Show in Massachusetts featuring antique and classic Chryslers and Dodges. Its on May 6th at Larz Anderson Park's Museum of Transportation. This would be a great place for a 300M meet as well. So try to make it.

I will be driving my silver Y2K 300M. Maybe I'll see you there.

Link for park: http://www.mot.org/index_static.html

• easyrider300measyrider300m Posts: 1,116
    there is an Auto Show in Massachusetts featuring antique and classic Chryslers and Dodges. Its on May 6th at Larz Anderson Park's Museum of Transportation. This would be a great place for a 300M meet as well. So try to make it.

I will be driving my silver Y2K 300M. Maybe I'll see you there.

Link for park: http://www.mot.org/index_static.html

• Hi Folks,
    Found out about these forums on Edmunds and Yahoo!when I joined the Chrysler 300M Enthusiast Club. URL:www.300mclub.org

Love my 1999 300M:
    non-PHP
    Deep Slate Gray Pearl Coat
    Deep Slate Gray Leather interior
    Power heated seats
    Moonroof
    AM/FM/Cassette/CD- no changer
    Foglamps
    17" Chrome "RazorStar" wheels
    Goodyear Eagles
    56K miles, 3500 of 'em mine

Bought in January at with 53K miles, have had no troubles like some I've read about since I've owned her. But that's probably because it was traded in by a now retired Chrysler Regional Service executive who had all scheduled maint. and I'm sure the TSB's done at the dealers he visited in it. I've got all her service records.

Awesome car excellent handling and suprising { to others ;-) } power. I've loved every mile I've owned it for. I spotted an IDENTICAL 99 300M last week for sale. Thinking of buying it for my wife who loves "Her" car and getting us plates 300MNM1 and 300MNM2. (FYI, both our names start with M). Only trouble would be with picking the right car on the first try without cheating.

Later,
    Mike Edmonds
    10SC_300M
    Knoxville, TN
  • sibesibe Posts: 102
    Just got a 2001, 300M for the wife(600 miles on the clock - no not that one the OTHER clock) after convincing her that a Toyota Camry is NOT what she wanted 8-)
    PHP,
    17" rims,
    spoiler,
    silver with taupe leather (couldn't get her to agree to the black...),
    full spare,
    side impact ab,
    lux package.
    300M bra
    greg
  • Karen@EdmundsKaren@Edmunds Posts: 5,028
    This week's topic:

My vehicle is better than yours because....

Brag about your ride on Tuesday, May 8, 5-6pm PT/8-9pm ET in the new News & Views Weekly Chat

KarenS
    Host
    Owner's Clubs

• phases78phases78 Posts: 471
    http://phases78.homestead.com/300m.html check it out email me ANY ideas u have for customizing. put in the k&n, tint just got done, wood kit is on its way, im in toying with taking out my clock like some have done but im afraid i may mess something up......
  • dcmbigdogdcmbigdog Posts: 1
    Hello Everyone! I have a 2000 Silver 300m that I can honestly say is probably the most fun to drive car I have ever had. 8-) It's loaded except PHP, but what makes it stand apart from other Silver 300's is the black 300m bra on the front. If you have a Silver 300m, invest in a $125.00 bra. You'll stand alone against the rest!
  • redravenredraven Posts: 1
    no you sick people, not me, my 300M. The one thing that concerns me is fading. My M is an inferno red, any suggestions?
  • avalanche165avalanche165 Posts: 558
    u jsut gotta make sure not to leave it on forever, gotta give it tiem to breathe, maybe 2 weeks, then a day off. i only put mine on when i drive long distance.........
  • kenvankenvan Posts: 19
    Red raven: You can get an Invisible Bra. I got one from www.invinca-shield.com and ticker film for the lights, and put it on myself. It's great, and you can't see it unless you are 2" away, and then only the edge of it. It lasts 5 years, it doesn't hurt the paint and it is removable.
  • phases78phases78 Posts: 471
    where did u find this?