Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chrysler 300M Owners: Meet the Members

Comments

• bigmike5bigmike5 Posts: 960
    My 99M is 6.5 years old now and I have oversized 245/50-17 on the 7.5" rims. The mantra from the shop when they went on is that I would lose 2 to 3 pounds of air a week in them. I have found that this is true on a couple of them. The others have held the air very well. I check at least every 10 days and especially in colder temps when the air compresses a lot. Anyway, what I found from talking with my tire shop guy is that the air from gas stations gets pumped in with a lot of moisture unless you have a blocker that takes it out. I don't. But if you see what is going in you will understand how corrosion can occur. The last time I had them take a shot at a tire they took the tire off and took emery cloth to the edge of the rim to try to smooth off the corrosion. It helped marginally, which brought me to the check em every week or 10 days and adjust em. I have 73+K miles on the car and almost 35K on the Goodrich tires. When they go, I will consider if there is another option or just live with it. As long as it is a couple of pounds a week I can live with it. Don't expect to put a new set of wheels on as my baby is now my second ride and sharing time with my 04 Corvette.
  • laurasdadalaurasdada Posts: 2,480
    My '99M with the chrome Razorstars/Goodyears Eagle LS has seen air loss issues. My tire shop gave me the same explanation, corrosion of the rims. They too mentioned Caddy and Chrysler because they sell more chrome rims. The shop, as mentioned above, cleans up the rims when I bring it in.

Like BigMike, I check the pressure regularly and add air (for $30 or less you can buy your own compressor...). I'm at 66,600 miles with two of the original Eagles left (on the rear) and add air semi-regularly.

Currently car shopping: Acura TL, Infinit G35X and MB E320. Anyone have any thoughts on these?

Still love the M, though. Not sure if I want to part with it, but leery of carrying a first model year Chrysler into the 70,000 mile+ range...

'13 Jaguar XF, '11 BMW 535xi, '02 Lexus RX300

• bigmike5bigmike5 Posts: 960
    If you don't need the extra 2 seats in the back, I have discovered that there is a huge amount of storage space in the 04 Vette coupe. And it doesn't come with or need a spare. Great deals are still out there on the 04's. lol
    But, married with children...!

Although I don't need four doors, do need the 4 seats. That does eliminate several tasty selections, doesn' it! But then again, so does my bank account. ;-)

• nohohunnohohun Posts: 1
    I just bought a 99 Chrysler 300M (72,000mi) Everything seems fine.
    I just wanted to introduce myself and say "Hey, I know why you love the car cause I do too"
    So. It's all stock, (cept for the radio. I had to have my mp3 player which took negated my amp :cry: but i'll get a new one soon)
    Any suggestions as to first upgrade(s) or should I have anything checked out first?
    Open to suggestions.
  • javidoggjavidogg Posts: 366
    Hello to all, I'm a new owner of a 2003 Special M with 5,980 miles on it, just got it 3 days ago and loving it.

I will get some pictures up for you all to see this thing.
  • The 300M we have is a 99 model. It's the wife's car. It too has had problems with tires losing air. This is a fix:

Remove tire. Deflate tire. Lay tire on it's side. Inject "FLOWABLE SILICON" between tire and rim. Let sit for about 15 minutes. Flip tire over and repeat process. Reinflate tire.

Flowable silicon is also called windshield sealer. It's a small tube of silicon that is almost runny. It will seal the leaks between the tire and rim even on a rim that has corrosion.

You can also have a tire repair guy just break down the tire bead, smear silicon on it and reinflate the tire if you don't want to mess with it yourself.

I did this about three years ago. No more leaks. She just got a new set of tires early this year and one leaked. I, again, put silicon on the tire/rim and no more leak.
  • Here ia a shot of my Special M.

• MY NAME IS TIKI007,FROM N.J.I HAVE A 2000/ 300M,,,,A VERY NICE CAR,,,,THE DEALER,, IN CHERRY HILL NJ,,,,DODGE TRIPLEX,,, OVER CHARGED ME ,, BUT THEY OVER CHARGE EVERY BODY,, WHO BUYS A CAR,,,,(((DON'T GO THERE////BE SMART STAY AWAY)))))THE CAR NEEDED SOME WORK,,,,,BUT NOW EVERYTHING WORKS NOW,,,,,,WELL NOT EVERYTHING THE DOOR LOCKS MAKE NOISE,,,WHEN YOU LOCK THEM,, OR WHEN YOU UNLOCK THEM,,,,,,HAS ANY ONE GOT ANY IDEAS????OR WHERE I CAN TAKE IT TO GET FIXED,,,,WITH OUT BREAKING THE BANK,,,,,//////////THANKS :cry:
  • IF YOUR THINKING ABOUT BUYING A 300/ 300C/ 300M.........STAY AWAY FROM TRIPLEX DODGE IN CHERRY HILL NJ,,,,IF YOU WANT A PROBLEM FREE CAR.......OTHER WISE YOU WILL BE PAYING TWICE THE PRICE.......BE ////SMART/////// :mad:
    Beautiful car, Javidogg! Makes me miss my '99 Platinum M just a little more...

Thanks there laurasdada.
  • At 16700 miles my 2005 300M started cutting out while driving 50 mph. When I got home it was really shaking so I gave it a rest. I went out an hour later and it wouldn't start. The check engine light, TSB/BAS lights came on as well as a small light below and to the right of the fuel gage. Dealer ship found a bad Drive Tran Module. Chrysler had them submit a claim, and are now refusing to allow the dealer to order the part. The dealer is have a show down with Chysler over their warranty! I love my car, but really beginning to dislike Chrysler. Anyone else have this problem?
    I don't know about a 2005 300M, last I heard they stop production on the 300M's on 2004, maybe you meant a 2005 300C?
  • scotianscotian Posts: 1,064
    Probably not at 167K...
    It's probably more like a 2005 300C with 1,6700 miles.
  • scotianscotian Posts: 1,064
    Oh, of course. I've been ill all weekend -- can't concentrate!
  • I began experiencing a tranny problem with my 2001 300M. On occasion, after backing out of a parking slot and then shifting into Drive, the tranny doesn't engage - it sits in a neutral position. I have to shift back into Reverse and then into Drive again. Usually, I only have to do this process once. The dealership scoped it out and said they got a P1791-Loss of Prime diagnostic, and want $1400 to replace the front pump and torque converter. My car has 75K miles and I'm religious with keeping up the maintenance. Does this problem sound typical for a 300M, or is the dealer taking me for a ride?
  • Hey My friend. I had the same noise and had to replace my door actuator. I haven't had another problem with my door locks since.
  • On 12/31/31 I had a similar issue with my 2002 300M. However, I lost my entire transmission. I am lucky in that the included 8 Yr/80K warranty is covering the replacement. This problem occurred 4 days after my local dealer performed the 60K mile scheduled transmission maintenance. I believe that the dealer made some error in the service and caused the problem in the first place. My recomendation would be to get it looked at before you have a major failure.