Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lincoln Owners: Meet the Members

Comments

• I am considering on buying a 2001 lincoln ls special edition,limited to only 200 made for the year.If anyone has purchase this vehicle,I would like to know what you paid for same! Thanks,Nancy
  • ls1bmw0ls1bmw0 Posts: 782
    Nancy,

Someone must be giving you a line of hooey. There is no such thing as a 2001 Special Edition LS. What is this car supposed to have that makes it special?

Brian
  • Brian, Yes there is and already been to a dealer who has one. It is a fully loaded car that only come in black and is limited to only two hundred made for the year and is number on the inside on the dash. Is has ground effect spoiler all around with a speical grill and chrome dual exhust coming thru the spoiler that fitted. It is one sharp sporty looking car and really think I am going to purchase soon while the car is available and incentives are so good. This will be a collector car but that is not the reason for buying! I love the look! Thanks,Nancy
  • joe166joe166 Posts: 401
    I bet you a lot of money that this is a dealer or a group of dealers that is trying to figure out a way to part us from our hard earned money. If it is an official Ford product it MIGHT have some extra value. If it is a dealer installed package it will definitely diminish the value of your car. I have seen lots of Eldo "special edition" cars of various degrees of bad taste languishing in used car lots once the new car feel has faded. If you like it, great. Don't count on it being worth anything more than a garden variety LS even if it were a real special edition, which I think we would have heard about by now.
  • ls1bmw0ls1bmw0 Posts: 782
    I'll bet dollars to donuts that it is the 2001 Lincoln LSC Special Edition package from Pre-Delivery Services. It consists of a front spoiler, side skirts, rear fascia with dual exhaust cutouts, Borla exhaust system(optional) and a rear spoiler. It has special badging. It is only available through a Lincoln dealer and it is a dealer option.

I just got the brochure from Pre-Delivery Services showing the car. Looks pretty good. I don't want to rain on your parade, since it is a nice looking option but just make sure the dealer isn't tacking on more than $2,500 for the option, because that's what it costs from Pre-Delivery Services. The numbered plaque is a nice touch but from what Pre-Delivery Services told me it isn't a limited production run. The dealerships in your region may have gotten together, as Joe said, to advertise this and decided to limit it to 200.

If you get a chance please email a picture of the car to me at: brian.gowing@llsoc.com and I can confirm if this is what it is.

Brian
  • When I was shopping for my LS back in March, Witt Lincoln/Merc of San Diego had one of these on display. I doubt it is a special edition, just looked like the dealer trying to differentiate the car and get more margin. And they were too, the sticker for it all was $44K, but it did have 20" rims too. The dealer I bought from had done something similar and tricked up an LS for their showroom too. It was stickered at $42K. Net, they were taking on those high margin dealer options waiting for the right buyers to get trapped. You can add this stuff after for a fraction of the cost.
  • My name is Jeff and I live in San Diego, born in LA and went to school in both San Luis Obispo for electronics and just finished my MBA at Univ of Phoenix. I am 31 and have worked for a major semiconductor firm since I graduated from SLO. I currently am a channel sales manager covering San Diego and other areas.

I have not had a long list of cars, but here is mine none the less:
    1970 Datsun 210 (totalled it on the way to a high school party, good thing it was all steel like a cage)
    1980 Chevy Monza (great little 4 banger for getting back and forth from LA to SLO, but the piston rings were shot at 110Kmiles).
    1985 Nissan P/U (still got this one at 247Kmiles and it runs great).
    1986 Yamaha Fazer FXZ700, (still have this too with 47Kmiles on it).
    1979 Nissan 280ZX
    1995 Mazda B2300
    1996 Ford Taurus
    2001 Lincoln LS V8
    I got the V8 non-sport with moonroof, alpine audio with in-dash six disc, and high polished alum wheels. This is my favorite car of all. I used to valet cars in high school and have an oppty to drive all kinds and I think the LS compares quite well in styling and interior. And the performance suits me just fine, so I am content.

I started reading Edmunds in January when researching new cars. I came across the LS in March and by the end of March, I was in one. I was not intending to purchase a car until the end of the year because I couldn't find something that excited me and I would have just bought another Taurus. Except, the LS excited me and the owners enthusiasm rubbed off on me to the point that I had to do it. Haven't looked back since and of course, my mother is happy to have my old 96 Taurus, which replaced her 1990 98 Oldsmobile.
  • Karen_CMKaren_CM Posts: 5,020
    Folks...today's events are horrendous, and we probably haven't heard the last of it. My prayers for the safety of you, your loved ones, and for us all.

KarenS
    Host
    Owner's Clubs

Community Manager If you have any questions or concerns about the Forums, send me an email, karen@edmunds.com, or click on my screen name to send a personal message.

• rgnmstrrgnmstr Posts: 226
    Greetings,
    Name is Mike. I just purchased a 2002 LS Sport, V8, moonroof, all season package and communication package. I was going to buy a 98 MK VIII but decided to go the new car route with the financing that's currently available. I really wanted a 2 door but the LS 4 door looks better than most. Reason for buying the LS: It's a BMW on steriods. I liked the looks, handeling and the fact it's a V8 with rear wheel drive. I think the sports package should have included the appearance package that will be another option later this year.

Previous cars owned:
    1948 Chevy - it was my first car and really old
    when I bought it. $75
    1952 Chevy - Once again really old when I bought
    it. $50
    1955 Chevy - The one I wanted in the first place.
    1960 Corvette - Wish I still had it.
    1965 Griffith - Worlds fastest accelerating
    production car. 0-60 3.8 seconds.
    Had lots of fun with this car.
    1970s - A couple of full sized Chevys and Fords
    that were my father's ex company cars.
    These were purchased so I wouldn't have to
    drive the Griffith every day.
    1978 Chevy Malibu - First new car. Bought to use
    in an outside sales job.
    1988 Chevy Caprice Wagon - 2nd new car. The
    family truckster. It's been to a lot of
    baseball and lacrose games. Still have
    it. 145K miles. 1 transmission.
    1992 Mercury Grand Marques - Bought used for my
    wife to drive. I've been driving 10
    different company cars for the past 20
    years. The LS is replacing the Grand
    Marq. which has 140K miles. Runs great.
    Wanna buy it?
    My 2002 LS, V8, Sport came with Bridgestone Turamza EL 42 tires. These things sell for $185 and the previous Firestone Firehawks sell for $69. Are the Bridgestones that much better?
  • Don't know if they're that much better, but with the problems that Firestone is having, demand went way down while supply went way high, thus the discounted price. I think the Firestones originally sold for about $150.

Bruno
    My 2002 has the communication systen and part of that system is an onboard GPS. Does anyone know where the unit is located in the car and if it might have an output jack that I could use to feed a location signal to a laptop? Thanks.
  • Just a short note to introduce myself.

I'm Pete Henry. I'm a System/Electrical/Software Engineer at a defense company in Pennsylvania. Bought a used 2001 LS V8 Sport from the Lincoln dealer in November 2001 (the original owner got swayed by 0% financing and traded this (leased) car in for a new V6 manual). Aside from some radio issues and a year's worth of gentle use no major problems with the car so far.

So far good experience with the dealer (VERY good price negotiation), although the salesperson was very new at the job and not particularly knowledgeable. Dealer service is typically shabby (why do they try to charge you for complimentary scheduled service anyway?!?) but I plan to stick it out at least until the service runs out at 36K.

Not many really interesting cars in my past history. Most notable a 1984 Mustang SVO (4 cyl turbo) bought new. Had to sell it as a precautionary measure after the son turned 15. You know how that goes...

Current fleet:
    1990 Plymouth Voyager (past its prime, barely worth the cost of a new paint job, but a convenient everyday car & hauler when the seats are out)
    1993 Subaru Legacy (among the last of a breed - a 2WD Subaru)
    1994 Mazda Miata (bought used in 1997 after aforementioned son graduated from college - time to spend some money on ME).
    2001 LS V8 Sport

The wife seems to have abandoned the Subaru in favor of the LS as a daily commuter...

One other note - the son is now enjoying life as a Jaguar technician. The S-Type was one of the first Jags he didn't have disparaging comments about mechanically, and he vouches for the commonality between the S-Type and the LS.
  • How do you start a new thread ?
    Thanks in advance.
  • akirbyakirby Posts: 7,666
    I assume you mean a new forum? Click on the "Town Hall" link on this page and select the appropriate category (sedans, convertibles, etc.). There you will see a button to create a new discussion in that category.
  • chartrandchartrand Posts: 139
    My name is Ray and I'm a cowboy wannabee. I was born and lived most of my life in Montreal (home of snow and rust belt). I've lived in the DFW area of Texas since 93 and can I tell you I don't miss snow and rust!
    Although Rene Leblanc is older than I, I've owned older cars than him.
    My first car purchased as a basket case for $10 when I was 12 was a 1930 Marquette. Quite rare as they were only built the one year as a poor man's Buick.
    Next came a 35 Chevy pickup. Given to me if I could get it to run - which I did. Put a rod through the block as it consumed gallons of oil per day. Eventually stuffed a 332 Buick V8 into it.
    57 Ford Fairlane convertible next. 312 - 4BBL with 3 on the floor and Austin Healy bucket seats
    63 Pontiac Parisenne Custom Sport Convertible. 327 - 4bbl buckets, stick etc.
    66 Ford Galaxie 500 2 dr with 7 litre option. A pig but talk about torque - would melt the tires!
    69 Pontiac Beaumont (Canadian Chevelle)1st new car.Paid $3200 and
    ordered as a drag strip special. 350/350, 4spd, posi, police package etc. 165 K trouble free miles and 3 seasons of drag racing
    72 Mercury Montego - Boss 351 4 spd trac lock, police package etc. Big mistake. Compression down from 10.5:1 to 8.50. With standard steering and wide ovals it took 3 car lenghts to park. Clutch was a killer as well. Rusted out before my eyes.
    74 Grand Torino Elite. Pimp mobile but that style was in back then. Also rusted out in one winter.
    76 Olds Cutlass Supreme 2 dr. Extremely popular then. I owened 4 of them. 350 Olds engine was bullet proof.
    80 Chevy Malibu sports coupe. Bought from the neighbor as a winter driver wih a V6. In the spring I replaced it with a 350 and then 2 more of progressively higher horsepower. Rust set in and I couldn't keep windshields in her. The unit body with all the torque and lack of metal(rust) flexed the body and cracked them.
    82 Mustang coupe. 2.3 four banger was a dog but got decent gas mileage. Zero trunk space.
    88 Pontiac Bonneville. Was exciting to see someone try and spiff up the four door family sedan. 3.8 V6 is still used today by GM.
    93 Pontiac Transport. Family and pets to haul around. No justice. Now there'e no snow or rust and I own a plastic car!
    96 Olds 88 LSS. Excellent car. Had more features than my LS at a fraction of the price. Sorry to see it discontinued.
    2000 Lincoln LS. V8 non sport with every option but RESCU. Had wood kit installed, pin striped, gold kit (a Texas thing)and a cargo net.Talking to the Lincoln engineers my particular option combination no longer exits due to CAFE.Example full rear head rests and audiophile system, moon roof, chrome wheels etc.
    This is the first car I've owned that I feel confident in at 140 mph.
    Charter member of LLSOC.
  • I own a 2000 Lincoln LS (Sport Package) and have been experiencing problems with my power windows. If anyone else has experienced similar problems, I would appreciate your comments.

The problem is that the regulator / motor that drives the power windows on three of my four windows have failed. The first failure was within the warranty period, so it was covered. The last two have costing me $300+ per.

Have any of you experiences similar problems?
  • robbrixeyrobbrixey Posts: 1
    Here's how it works.
    1. You spend $38000 on a car and a Lincoln Commitment.
    2. The Power Window fails in the down position.
    3. The dealer and Lincoln won't pay.
    4. You "commit" to buy a Lexus.
  • Not much activity on this board, but I figure I'll chime in. Just purchased a 2001 LS V8. Autumn red with medium parchment interior, sport package, and pretty much every available option except RESCUE. Car only has 25K on it and appears to be a lease turn in. As for me, I'm 28 years old, single, college grad, working in the telecom sector. This is my first Ford product and thus far, I am impressed. Prerviously had owned mostly GM cars and my most recent(and also my first ever brand new car) was a 2001 Olds Intrigue that proved to be a real lemon. Traded it for the Lincoln. Here's hoping the Lincoln gives me better service.
  • You're right that there's not much activity over here. Anyway, since you jumped in I thought I'd add that I purchased a 2003 V8 Sport in late August. It's black on black (just like the one in the web site), only two options are a roof and rear park assist. Just the way I like it. Only other option I would like to have had is the HID headlamps. I had been driving a 97 Taurus for 6+ years and have been looking at new cars since last fall. I was very hot on the CTS, especially when the '04s came out with the higher hp motor and I also was very high on the LS. I looked at many other cars like IS300, Audi A4, VW Passat -W8, Acura TL, Maurauder and Volvo S60. I kept coming back to the LS ad the CTS. It came down to $$ when I went to buy because the CTS I wanted was the '04 w/ 1SC sport pckg and that stickered for $40+ but the dealer wasn't discounting much at all and there was only $1,000 of conquest cash. So w/ rebates and incentives on the '03 LS I got the V8 for a lot less and 0.0% financing. I love the look of the LS (especially the front end) so I just did it. I love the car so far.

As for me, Im 37, doing the family thing hence the need for 4 doors, but I wanted something sporty and fast. I've had several Mustangs and Trans Ams in the past and have a love of the V8 engine and the sounds it produces. It was killing me to drive the Taurus for so long but my wife and I don't see eye to eye when it comes to cars. I think she likes this car but doesn't readily admit it. I got her an Expedition two years ago (with the 5.4 V8).

What made you decide on the LS? I used to see your posts on the CTS board under your old name and you were hot on a used STS for a while.
This discussion has been closed.