Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2012 Terrain, should I wait or get 2011.

2»

Comments

• I am within inches of leasing a 2013 Terrain and am hesitating after reading the posts on this forum. How was the knocking noise resolved?
  • mseramsera Posts: 23
    Whats to worry about when its a lease. Anyhow to answer your question.
    My cold start knock noise was solved with a recall and replacement of the Camshaft position sensor at 7 K mikes. It is now 13K and no reoccurrance.
    ANy specifics questions about the car let me know :)
  • Glad to hear your problem was resolved. Thank you for answering. :)
  • sjyunsjyun Posts: 1
    Any update on your issue?

I just started getting this issue. I'm close to 36k miles with my 2011 slt.

My fiance was driving the car a few weeks ago and the car stalled and the engine light came on. I took it to a GMC and they said "it's a dirty throttle body" and charged me $200 bucks to clean it. Car had no issues again till the same issue came up AGAIN. I'm just aching to hear what the issue is now.

I've been searching forums everywhere and it seems like most 2011 terrains are (conveniently?) stalling at around 35k+ miles. And each separate dealership is listing different reasons as the cause....maybe GMC might need to look at the design again and do a recall BEFORE we need to go back and forth for the same issue.
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,169
    siyun,

We're sorry to hear that the problem has resurfaced for you. If you wanted for us to check into anything further for you, please contact us via email at socialmedia@gm.com with more information (including your name and contact information, the last 8 digits of your VIN and mileage, the name of your dealership, and a brief summary of the situation) .

Sarah, GM Customer Service
  • My 2011 terrain is still knocking and banging , I was told by the service rep that's normal and it uses a quart of oil between oil changes and he said that's normal its in the manual , head liner fell , well that's the glue the factory , so I have a new car that knocks rattles uses oil and a mess up head limber that the dealer won't fix any problems or just don't know how to fix , ill never buy GMC again
2»