Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MB M-Class Owners: Meet the Members

Comments

• cdiccdic Posts: 36
    Hi... I'm Will (aka CDIC). I too have a desert silver ML430. It also has the dreaded Sport package (which I love), complete with the huge wheels and fender flares, Xenons (which I love too), Bose, Nav, etc. So far, it is flawless and has been an excellent performer. I have already seen the yellow -!- triangle light up several times in bad weather (New England snow and slush).

A long time SUV driver, I watched patiently over the past few years as Mercedes perfected this car. Some of the features that became available for this model year (Sport pkg, Tele Aid, Nav) intrigued me enough to visit the local dealer. I dumped the 5 year old Toyota 4Runner (my 4th 4Runner) and bought a ML430 off the lot. So far, I am far from sorry.
  • HI

I am on my second ML, had 99 ML320 and now ML 2000.

I am seeking MB to build a larger SUV.

current size is adequate, could use more for trips and family.
  • Hello:
    read the useful posts before buying a ML 320 01 last week. heated seats,m1,bose system skyroof, black opal. am most interested in maintenance issues.
    so far so good -89 miles
  • thevjthevj Posts: 3
    hi all. hhookkkked on Edmunds, gotten great info from all since 1998. My ruby red 98 has had some of the first year problems,none of the serious ones (?) Just had the air flow mixture flap replaced,was only getting hot air off the engine..Service center ( 1 of only 3 world wide) gave me a Hertz rental (01 Ford Taurus station wagon),had no appointment so they could not work on mine until the next day but wanted me to leave ml there. Ford wagon ok but wouldn't buy one. ML's the only one for me....Dealer and service center people have been great. F.J Imports Las Vegas,Nv Happy to meet everyone.. vj
  • My name is Ron and I live in Louisville, KY. I have a 00 320 with 7500 miles and a build date of 07/00. Great info on the board.
  • I am Ron (AKA Sydney6) with a 00320 White/Java build date 9/99. It's actually my wife's car, but I even get to drive it occasionally. Other than a bad fuel sending unit, bubbling armrest, and slow clock, (and a couple of other minor problems I can't even remember right now)it has been 18.5K miles of trouble-free, rattle-free driving joy.

BTW, I still have 3,300 miles until Service B.
  • i'm a 5.5 year-old norwich terrier and i steer my owner's 2000 ml320 but he yells at me for not using the turn signals or the mirrors and because i can't find the caps lock on the keyboard.
  • biker5biker5 Posts: 199
    WOOFFFFFF.
  • Karen_CMKaren_CM Posts: 5,024
    As long as you don't drool on the windows and keep your head inside the vehicle at all times, you're very welcome here! ;-)

KarenS
    Host
    Owner's Clubs

Community Manager If you have any questions or concerns about the Forums, send me an email, karen@edmunds.com, or click on my screen name to send a personal message.

• Hi Y'all. I just purchased a 1998 ML320 with 13,600 km (8200 miles). Service date was Feb.2,1998. Not bad, huh?? Any suggestions on what I should look out for on this new a '98? I was ensured all recalls had been taken care of.

Looking forward to your comments ... Harry
  • I do believe we will be buying our first MB (used) and it will be a '99 ML320. It has roughly 21,800 miles, all the bells and whistles and has been a dealer car to date. Used as a demo and service loaner. The records look good, nothing out of the ordinary. The only paint chips I can find are on the edges of the back two doors, very minor and will be fixed. The ML will be Starmarked prior to pick up and will retain the remainder of the new car warranty. With all this in mind, plus they are paying off the $11K we owe on our '98 Caravan, my question is, Does $24K for the ML320 sound like a great/good deal? The Kelly Blue Book Trade-In value was between $28K-$30K depending on how you marked the engine/exterior. Other than the couple of chips there are two very minor dings near the driver's door handle, which can only be seen from a side view, not straight on.

I would be interested in your opinion.

Thanks
  • birgerbirger Posts: 80
    Hi, I'm Birger,

- and so far it seems I'm the only European ML owner here. A couple of pictures of my past and present ML's are in the photo section.

Past 4x4's include a Ford Explorer and a JGC V8 - the ML is a whole different ballgame. And the 2001 vintage is so superior to the 1999 one.

Could macbest, or Wayne, please if possible put one or more pictures of that Azure Blue ML with the Sport kit in the photo section - I didn't dare to be so bold, but maybe the next one should be blue....

Kind regards from Luxyland, Europe

Birger

And this, however, is my daily driver:

- and this is how it looks when you don't travel particularly light, yet drive a MCC smart:

Love your photos!

KarenS
    Host
    Owner's Clubs

Community Manager If you have any questions or concerns about the Forums, send me an email, karen@edmunds.com, or click on my screen name to send a personal message.

Edmunds.com will happily arrange a live chat for any M-Class owners who are interested. Please let me know!

KarenS
    Host
    Owner's Clubs

• biker5biker5 Posts: 199
    Nice photo and big trunk too. I wish this one come to the USA so, we have some to match with BMW Mini Cooper... Just wishing...
  • '99ML430, brilliant silver, lots of gremlins and plenty of nittly problems, yet nothing else I'd rather have my wife drive, especailly this winter. It seems that yellow (orange?) triangle never goes off! Oh, and yes, it is possible to do donuts, even with ESP on, especially on black ice...

I'm also one of the few people on the board here to seem to prefer the '99 over '00. I'm also always interested in any first-hand objective reports of any chip-tuning work - Scotty, we need more power!
  • OK, so there are at least 2 of us--I like the 99 over the 2000--at least mechanically. I did a little research into chips. Wittenauer has one that removes the sped limiter and adds about 10hp. They were, however, having problems with the the check-engine light coming one. last time I talked to them, they thought they had it fixed but wanted to do more testing before releasing it.

O
  • kjookjoo Posts: 27
    My name is matt and im the owner of a 2001 ML55 in Brilliant Silver , Charcoal , im in love, DON'T LET MY WIFE KNOW THAT.' But this is a big improvement over my 99 ml430
  • mercaramercara Posts: 291
    Hi , Tony here from NJ. I have a 99 ML320 with 37K trouble free miles. Last christmas, I did a 1600 mile round trip to Knoxville and back to visit family. Thoroughly enjoyed the trip and the
    car. The funny thing was I paid about 20 bucks in tolls, all within the first 200 miles ( In NJ and
    Delaware). No wonder they call NJ the toll-booth capital of the world.
  • My name is Bill, I own a 2000 model Brilliant Silver ML-320. I had the GPS, lighted running boards, chrome brush guard with Piaa ion lights, rear mud flaps, tow hitch, fender flares, chrome wheels, chrome headlight rings added on by the MB dealer. Only a few problems with the vehicle such as, rear center seat belt would not release when the second row seats were laid down, fuel gauge problem, running board lights quit working, twice now.
    I like the car and the service from the MB service dept. at Keyes European, Van Nuys Ca.
    I spoke to Dana/Community Manager and they are trying to get all the Club chats set up on

Tuesdays: 4-5pmPT/7-8pmET

-or-

Thursdays: 5-6pmPT/8-9pmET, 6-7pmPT/9-10ET, 7-8pmPT/10-11pmET (This last time would be kind of late for East coast, but is available if you want it.)

The first scheduled chat would be March 6 or 8.

Let me know what time works for you!

KarenS
    Host
    Owner's Clubs

• bargamonbargamon Posts: 302
    Im Bargamon. I am a MB-aholic. I have bought two silver vehicles in the last year. IN april I Leased a ml320, silver with black, and bought a Silver 01' E-430 in Late november. I just can't stop. I would not drive any other brand. Seems silly to have the 6 cyl in the truck and 8 in car, but my wife wanted the 6 in her truck and enjoys very good milage. She is very happy with it, and its a great family car. We ski and travel quite a bit with 2 kids. She has 18k in 10 months. We use a thule ski box for heavy travel and prefer the flexability of small performance oriented ride over suburban. We have and use the jump seats for short treks. No problems with this vehicle to date.. Run mobil one. I have not tweeked the lights, and only add ons were integrated lighted dealer runningboards and bug/rock deflector. Only thing Im not happy is the tires (general) are wearing out, but evenly.
    Starting on March 6 and every Tuesday after, 6-7pm Pacific/9-10pm Eastern. More info later!

KarenS
    Host
    Owner's Clubs

I went to the local mall and what did I see, i think it was a 2002 ML 320 it had my front end and a redesigned bumper it looks like a ML55 . Now I think i want to trade mine in.
  • drew_drew_ Posts: 3,382
    No, that's the '01 ML with the optional $3000+ Sport Package.

Drew
    Host
    Vans, SUVs, and Aftermarket and Accessories message boards
    I thought they were going to redesign them this year. Or was that next . Well I hope it doesnt look like mine. You mean i could have saved 30000 dollars. Wait I love mine.
  • Hi all. I'm Hugo or ml320hugomnj here. Proud owner of an 01 black 320 moonroof and CD changer. Great snow and highway car. Trouble free so far (2k Mi.).
  • I'm the proud owner of a '01 ML320, Desert Silver/Java with all the goodies and just 5K miles so far. Even had those hidden integrated front fog lights activated (I highly recommend doing this). It throws a beam left and right so the edges of the road are much easier to see at night, cost (dealer dependent) is around $75 to $100, basically labor.

Can't say my little gem has been trouble free, tranny freaked out, had some crazy squeaks and other silly things, but MB took care of it and compensated me for my troubles. I'm quite pleased.

This is not my first MB and won't be my last.
    Especially after this winter in the Northeast. I am quite impressed with how the ML handled the heavy and deep snow.
  • roger23roger23 Posts: 48
    Hi! This is Roger from Ontario, Canada. I purchased a 1998 ML320 in early 1998. I traded this for a 2000 ML430 in Sept.1999, and I have added a lot of options: front brushguard, rear trailer hitch, lighted side steps, changed the MB "fweep fweep" horns to Hellas, CD changer, integrated MB digital phone, Memory seats, Nav System, Trunk liner and trunk nets, plus halogen reverse lights.IMHO, I prefer the additional power of the 430. Just last week, I put a deposit on a 2002 ML500!As you can probably guess I am really happy with the ML's.
  • lsl1207lsl1207 Posts: 6
    I have a '00 ML430. At 20k I needed new brakes. Now at 26K I need a new transmission. My dealership is Autohaus in Pompano,Florida. They are the worst people I ever dealt. After saying it was repaired and it still bucked wildly and was dangerous to drive (they provide loaners)they found tarns. bad &want me to p/u car until a new transmission. comes in. They said they won't pay for loaner until then. refuse to give loaner back until mine is fixed.What recourse do I have???
This discussion has been closed.