Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Pathfinder Meet the Members

Comments

• bgritzbgritz Posts: 139
    dave019

I had the same noise in our '01 SE.
    They replaced the whole fan assembly (under warrantee) at our 15k service two weeks ago. It fixed the problem. I did notice that it would make more noise when I was turning to the left, so I had a pretty good idea that it the fan itself.

I just looked at the invoice for the service, but since it was under war. there was no cost listed, sorry.
  • My name is Pat, townhall name plwilliams. I live in beautiful southwest Utah and find lots of light off roading opportunities around here.
    My PF is a `01 Sahara Beige LE with everything except the tow package. Bought it around the end of July and have a little over 8K miles on it. No problems with anything on it(except that damned outside temp display ;-()
  • meca2meca2 Posts: 284
    plwilliams: what problems are you having with your
    OAT display. Mine is very close.Steve
  • steve: during the hot months it was consistantly reading anywhere from 8-15 degs. to high. Our summer temps here are over 100 for about 3 months and the thing is completely useless. Now that it's cold it's much closer to actual temp. I've had 2 prior vehicles with outside temp guages that were right on the money and my Mom has a M Benz that's accurate. It seems to me that Nissan doesn't care that their's is way off based upon the number of posts I've seen from other board members and what the dearler's service writter told me. It may seem like a small complaint, but on a $30K automobile I think we have a right to expect accuracy.
    Pat
  • duperduper Posts: 127
    Thanks Drew and other hosts for setting this up, it's kinda cool.

I own a 99' Sierra Silver Pathfinder. Since I purchased it in March 99, I've been putting more than 38,000 miles on it. It's been trouble free so far except for a faulty fuel sensor that was replaced under warranty.
    Installed a few mods such as; K&N filter, bug deflector, side windows deflectors, sunroof deflector, Color body side moulding (thanks Phil47), PIAA superwhite to make the truck looks good.
    The truck performed great on a few trips to the snow in Lake Tahoe with OEM Dunlop Grantrek tires. It started to squeak a little at the left gate, turned out it was from the 2 rubber feet between the gate and inside frame (D-Pillar). A little grease cured the problem.
    I'm thinking of putting in a Jim Wolf POP charger to increase some horses but the one in my friend '93 4runner has a high pitch sound; I guess it is the sound that the intake is sucking in all that open air. Any idea and thought on how loud this could be on the Pather?
    I also plan to do my own oil changes, any tips out there from those that do your own. Do I have to use Nissan oil filter or a Mobile1 will be just fine.

I wish I can trade it in right now for a 240HP, but I just paid it off so will take time enjoy it a few more years.
    Sorry for the long post. I guess I'm too excited

Thanks for any input.
    Enjoy your truck
  • duperduper Posts: 127
    I didn't see the other forums on Mod, Maintenance and such...
    Will move my questions over :))
  • Karen_CMKaren_CM Posts: 5,032
    If any Pathfinder owners are interested in Edmunds.com hosting a live chat for you, just let me know!

KarenS
    Host
    Owner's Clubs

Community Manager If you have any questions or concerns about the Forums, send me an email, karen@edmunds.com, or click on my screen name to send a personal message.

• Greetings fellow pathfinder owners. I purchased my '01 SE in July of 2000. Have put on 11k trouble free miles thus far. Truck is pretty much loaded. Would've gotten an LE except I think it looked a little too blah and am not a big fan of wood trim. SE has a sportier look to it and that is what I was after, probably because I am 20 years old. I got the automatic because of the higher tow capacity than the manual, and the lack of willingness on dealers to go down on price on the 5 speeds because they are hard to get. My only modification has been the installation of a K&N filter at my first oil change. Have been using Penzoil 5w30 and Nissan filters doing my own changes every 3k. I figure clean oil doesn't hurt and doing it myself costs about $8 every few months, not a big deal. I'll probably become a regular poster now that I've found a good board. Talk to you all soon.
    I spoke to Dana/Community Manager and they are trying to get all the Club chats set up on

Tuesdays: 4-5pmPT/7-8pmET

-or-

Thursdays: 5-6pmPT/8-9pmET, 6-7pmPT/9-10ET, 7-8pmPT/10-11pmET (This last time would be kind of late for East coast, but is available if you want it.)

The first scheduled chat would be March 6 or 8.

Let me know what time works for you!

KarenS
    Host
    Owner's Clubs

Community Manager If you have any questions or concerns about the Forums, send me an email, karen@edmunds.com, or click on my screen name to send a personal message.

• I love that blue with the titanium bumbers. Felt a need to introduce myself. Vancouver British COlumbia Canada PF recent owner. Very enjoyable vehicle. 23 years old and my first more expensive vehicle. I had been looking for the right used PF for about a year and finally got the deal I wanted. I have been very happy with it and always concerned about it's mainenance and care. I will be checking these postings, putting in my 2 bits and asking questions that I have no answers to. Look forward to talking to you all.
  • justatoyjustatoy Posts: 2
    This is my first post to the page and would just like to say hello. Todd and Stephanie are here with our recent purchase of a 01 LE 2wd in aspen white/charcoal leather. These vehicles are under rated and I am glad to be a part of a group of people that have simlar feelings towards this most excellent vehicle.
  • pathedpathed Posts: 4
    Denise and I (Ed) just purchased a 2001 Burnt Cherry colored 4X4 Pathfinder LE with charcoal leather interior. We bought this vehicle for the long haul and believe Nissan was one of only a few manufacturers that have proven that their products last way beyond the payoff point.
    I love to perform my own repairs and maintenance to my vehicles and I look forward to sharing information on this forum.
  • kmrqkmrq Posts: 50
    Hi!!! My name is Kevin and my townhall ID is Kmrq. I have 99.5 silver SE PF w/all the options that were available except for the leather package. It has 22,000 miles on it and I purchased it back in July, 99. Also I added some mods....for exterior: side windows reflectors, 3A Blue Fog Lights(these are really good.. very eye catcher!!), ***had PIAA super plasma for my headlights and for the fog lights*** recently replaced it with CATZ ZETA Kit00 HID and H3 Galaxy White Bulb, Polarg's rear turning lights(Hyper White), back-up lights(Hyper White), Hyper White license plate lights. As for my interior: all season rubber floor mats, Hyper White dome lights, Hyper Blue for the personal lights, and a cargo cover. Last mod that I made to PF was clear corners.. I did it myself. Now my PF looks very clean. (also added Hyper White bulbs to it). Well I'm glad that edmunds made a owner's club and looking forward to chat with everyone.
    The Edmunds.com Drivers' Opinion Panel has just launched. This initiative will further establish Edmunds.com as the voice of the consumer by becoming a key source for automotive market research. Through this initiative Edmunds.com will send traffic to the Opinion Panel promotion and registration area. Members of the panel will participate in key market research studies for Automotive OEMs and related companies on-line as opposed to more traditional market research methods.

To become a member of the panel, please visit

Drivers' Opinion Panel

KarenS
    Host
    Owner's Clubs

• bobformanbobforman Posts: 13
    Hi, Just bought an 01 LE and have no problems after 400 miles. Looking forward to many miles of bliss.
  • iveydudeiveydude Posts: 4
    just bought a 2001 pf se. Leaking oil from below where the rear main gasket located. Drains through a hole just (above and behind) the oil pan. Did it for about a week (slow leak). Now it doesn't seem to be leaking. It's only about 2 weeks old. ANY IDEAS !!!!

can this possibly be normal for a new truck to do this ?
  • meca2meca2 Posts: 284
    Yes iveydude this is very common. The engine seals are dry from the factory
    an have to swell and seat to stop leaking. Some engines and trans leak if they
    set for a week or month then stop after drove for a few miles also. My older Nissan
    with 130k if it sets for a week it might drip 1 or 2 drop of oil if I drive it every day no
    drops at all! Hope this helps.....
    Please take a look at Owner's Club Changes to offer your opinion.

KarenS
    Host
    Owner's Clubs

Some of you will notice that your messages from yesterday no longer exist. There was a major hiccup in the system last evening. Edmunds.com apologizes sincerely for the difficulties this situation poses. Please rest assured that every effort is being expended to rectify this matter as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.

KarenS
    Host
    Owner's Clubs

This week's topic:

My vehicle is better than yours because....

Brag about your ride on Tuesday, May 8, 5-6pm PT/8-9pm ET in the new News & Views Weekly Chat

KarenS
    Host
    Owner's Clubs

• sls666sls666 Posts: 10
    Hi, I'm Stephanie. My Town Hall handle is sls666. For my birthday, I bought myself a fully loaded 2001 LE, Sierra Silver pathfinder w/charcoal leather. So far I have just under 6K. Got a great deal, too. Did all of the negotiation on the phone then when I went to the dealer, the poor salesman almost had a coronary when he found out I had a trade-in. Chalk one up for us consumers.

Then when the snows came (15-20"), followed by a warm-up, then a deep freeze, I was LMAO as I watched everybody dig out their cars. I've never had a car w/a sunroof & I love it. Already have a bit of a tan, too.

Only had a few minor problems, besides the dreaded shimmy, but I addressed that in the "Problems" forum. I went thou a car wash, and afterwards, noticed a leak coming from under the dashboard on the passenger side. I crawled up under there & found that a small tube about the size of a drinking straw was the culprit. Then, as I was drying off the car, I noticed leaks in the sunroof. The dealer knew right away what the problem was. Seems some drain holes were clogged up. And no, I didn't have the car after-market rust-proofed, due to advice not to, specifically for that reason.

All in all, I love this truck. I'll never go back to a car again. Now if I could only afford the gas. :-)
  • mdj3mdj3 Posts: 3
    FIRST BRAND NEW VEHICLE EVER, SAID I WOULD NEVER BUY NEW, BUT THE 240HP GOT THE BETTER OF ME. BOUGHT THE GREEN 4WD SE DELIVER DATE SAME AS MY DAUGHTER WAS BORN(JUST IN TIME TO TAKE MY WIFE HOME IN). LOVE THE HIGH RIDE, PERFECT TO PULL THE BOAT. NO PROBLEMS YET, EXCEPT I WAS CLEANING SOME BUGS OFF THE WINDSHIELD AND NOW IT HAS SCRATCHES!! IS THERE SOME SORT OF COATING ON THE WINDSHIELD OR WHAT, I HAVE NEVER SEEN A WINDSHIELD DO THAT BEFORE. MINOR PROBLEM THOUGH, JUST OVER 6,000 KM, NO REGRETS.
  • neil73neil73 Posts: 7
    My wife and I bought the PF in Feb at Edmunds TMV price. Great truck no rattles or shimmies. Much higher quality vehicle than my Chevy.
  • turkdreturkdre Posts: 2
    Bought a Pathy LE loaded in January and have about 6000 miles on it. Great truck. I have really enjoyed it. Wish the Nav System was more detailed in my local area but maybe the update in June will handle that. Also, suprised that I could not get CD's for Canada. It certainly works well in the Orlando and Jacksonville areas.
    Only problem I've had is an Oxygen sensor causing the service engine light to come on. No shimmy as some have mentioned. Enjoy the comments of owners and want to be owners.
  • sabre66sabre66 Posts: 45
    Hi, everyone i'm Curt. I Drove my '01 Apsen White Pearl LE off the show room floor about a week ago and already have over 500 miles on it. Gotta say after trading in a '01 Acura CL Type S, it hasn't been at all a hard transition. The truck rides great on the road and of course has a little bounce, but that's expected with a 4000 lb SUV. The interior is great and comfortable and the Bose system sounds better than what the CL-S had. In case your wondering why i traded a sweet '01 car for a '01 SUV...i'm buying a house and getting married all in the next 9 months, so the Pathfinder will provide alot more utility (and fun). I'll miss the speed and fun of the CL-S, but when i'm camoing in mountains with my dog (Sabre) and fiancee looking at the dirt on the tires and dust on the hood of the Pathfinder, i won't regret it a bit.

Looking forward to gaining some insight on the truck and learning from the experience of long time Pathfinder owners.
  • Bought our 2001SE 4X4 about 2 months ago so far, except for some paint problems that Nissan and the dealership have, and are, taking care of, we love it. We bought it to make trips bact to Colorado again. We lived there for 9 years, from 67 to 76, and in Wyoming for 7 years, from 76 to 83. We had a 71 Wagoneer then, we bought it in 72. We made many camping trips to the High Country in those days, but now we are in Houston TX and are homesick for the mountains. Our boys are grown so it will be just us and that will be great--sort of. I like this site because it keeps me in touch with problems, solutions and up-grades for our Pathy. This is my 5th Nissan and 4th from Mossy Nissan. They treat a person great and are very willing to work on problems with the unit. I would love to meet some folks from Colorado, and maybe go 4-wheeling together next fall. Use my e-mail address to get in touch.
  • Anyone know where I can see one of those underground photos that are always out whenever a vehicle gets a new look? I want to buy an SE next year, but I need to see the new one first.

Thanks.
  • Howdy folks. I'm from Pennsylvania and had my 1992 XE for quite a long time- (only 85,000 miles). It seems that the majority of posts for this club deal with the newer models. Could you possibly start a club of "1995 and before"? i think the big change in design happened in 1996? Look forward to enjoying this site. just registered last week. still finding my way.
  • i have a 1992 pathy with 85,000 miles - i can't relate to alot of the newer models and discussions. How about creating a discussion group for just us dinosaurs?
  • Greetings from the island of Puerto Rico.
    I have a 2001 SE pathfinder and it's a great ride. It would be nice if more accessories could be found for this SUV.
This discussion has been closed.