Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Fusion/Mercury Milan Hybrid Real World MPG

2»

Comments

• mtnman1mtnman1 Central OhioPosts: 415
    I have driven 1000 miles on my new Fusion after 2 1/2 weeks of ownership. Filled up for the second time yesterday. Drove 486.1 miles since last fill up and put 11.382 gallons in it. 486.1/11.382 = 42.71 MPG. :) This is in mixed driving. The Car's computer read 43.4 MPG so not off by much. So far this has been a great car in that regard and just an all around great car to drive. Of course, I know I probably am driving it in the optimum season for fuel effeciency due to it not being too hot or cold. Also I realize that the summer blend of gas probably helps. Hopefully I will feel the same about it next winter.
    2012 Highlander Limited AWD V6 and 2015 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE
    ·
  • mtnman1mtnman1 Central OhioPosts: 415
    Not much participation in this thread, but I thought I would give an update on my MPG.Today marks exactly 4 weeks ago this evening I picked up my new Fusion. 1439 miles on it now. Filled up and got 41.27 MPG. Car's computer read 42 exactly. I attribute my slightly lower MPG to the fact that daily it has been anywhere from 29 to 33 degrees when I started my day. Also very windy last week. One day we had steady winds at 30 mph with gusts to 50 mph. A couple of other days winds were 20 to 30 mph. The day of the highest winds I drove to several towns in open country running 60 to 72 mph. Not a great deal of trees to break the wind because it's in farm country and central Ohio is very flat. So I am ecstatic so far in the performance of this car.
    2012 Highlander Limited AWD V6 and 2015 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE
    ·
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Pennsylvania Furnace, PAPosts: 6,262
    Nice numbers! Doesn't sound like you're trying to squeeze every last mile out of it, just taking it as it comes with your everyday driving.

Need some roadside assistance? pf_flyer@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Share your vehicle reviews

·
  • sdasda Indian Land, SCPosts: 402
    mtnman1 said:

Not much participation in this thread, but I thought I would give an update on my MPG.Today marks exactly 4 weeks ago this evening I picked up my new Fusion. 1439 miles on it now. Filled up and got 41.27 MPG. Car's computer read 42 exactly. I attribute my slightly lower MPG to the fact that daily it has been anywhere from 29 to 33 degrees when I started my day. Also very windy last week. One day we had steady winds at 30 mph with gusts to 50 mph. A couple of other days winds were 20 to 30 mph. The day of the highest winds I drove to several towns in open country running 60 to 72 mph. Not a great deal of trees to break the wind because it's in farm country and central Ohio is very flat. So I am ecstatic so far in the performance of this car.

You know your mileage calculations are so close to the car computer I would wager the computer is correct. I don't think you can precisely fill up and measure fuel used tankful to tankful. A difference of a quarter gallon on a fuel efficient car can make a measurable difference.

2010 Pilot EXL-RES, 2013 Accord EX

·
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Pennsylvania Furnace, PAPosts: 6,262
    I'd call it within "margin of error" :)

I always use my mileage calculations as a barometer of the general health of my vehicle. Any sudden notable change gets my attention. If the next tank is still low (assuming I didn't short fill TWICE) then I get into "what's going on?" mode

Need some roadside assistance? pf_flyer@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Share your vehicle reviews

·
2»