Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Audi S5 Lease Questions

Comments

• Am looking at leasing an S5 Premium Plus with six-speed manual transmission and quattro: Sports rear differential, Audi MMI® navigation plus, Carbon fiber decorative inlays, Rear acoustic parking sensors, Bang & Olufsen® Sound System, 19” 5-segment-spoke-design alloy wheels with 255/35 summer tires, Audi advanced key. Price as built was 61K. I briefly reviewed lease option and the 3 and 4 year leases were most attractive. I would like to know what is reasonable for the least down (e.g. nothing) with the lowest monthly. I am working with the dealership in Concord California. Can you give me an idea of this?
    Thank you for the help!!
  • Am looking at leasing an S5 Premium Plus with six-speed manual transmission and quattro: Sports rear differential, Audi MMI® navigation plus, Carbon fiber decorative inlays, Rear acoustic parking sensors, Bang & Olufsen® Sound System, 19” 5-segment-spoke-design alloy wheels with 255/35 summer tires, Audi advanced key. Price as built was 61K. I briefly reviewed lease option and the 3 and 4 year leases were most attractive. I would like to know what is reasonable for the least down (e.g. nothing) with the lowest monthly. I am working with the dealership in Concord California. Can you give me an idea of this?
    Thank you for the help!!
  • richzrichz Posts: 135
    Don't keep posting and use a lease calculator to figure out what you expect to pay.
  • Hi sire1066. This car's lease payment will depend upon how large a discount you are able to negotiate. For example, a 36-month, 15k lease of this S5 Coupe with a $1,000 dealer discount would have a zero down, pre-tax monthly payment of around $824. A $2,000 dealer discount would drop this car's payment to around $794. A $3,000 discount would result in a payment of around $765...etc.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Not sure what numbers you're using but first of all the MSRP as equipped is 61,825 assuming non-metallic paint. With $1000 off MSRP it is pre-tax of 875/month.
  • I assumed that "Price as built was 61K" meant an MSRP of $61,000 and I worked the payments from there.

Car_man
    Host
    Your math is still significantly wrong.
  • Richz, the payment that I calculated is right on the money for a 36-month, 15,000 mile per year lease of a 2012 S5 Coupe Premium Plus with an MSRP of $61,000 and a selling price of $60,000.

Car_man
    Host
  • I'm interested in leasing a 2012 S5 Prestige coupe and my husband is making me do the leg work because I'm making him do the negotiations :-).
    I'll take whatever they have on the lot in terms of options. I've got MRSP and invoice prices on the car and all options to factor that in. I did find a leasing cash bonus of $750 and 1.9% finance. To the best of my knowledge there are no other major incentives or holdbacks but I'm looking for the residual and MF, and anything else I need to know in order to get a good deal. In general is the end of the year a good time to lease, can I expect a better deal? I plan to prequalify at my bank before I go to the dealership. BTW, I'm in Atlanta.
    Help!! Thank you in advance.
  • I am looking at a new 2011 S5 coupe, auto with prestige package, etc. Dealer is offering at his "cost." I suggested he take a few thousand off given that the new S5 is coming soon and this one will be quite dated, especially considering the new interior styling that will be in the next model. I would also think there is money from Audi to help clear 2011 inventory.

So, the question is, what is a reasonable deal to look for on this car and/or is it smarter to just wait for the new model, even the A5 with the sweet 3.0 engine.

Thanks very much.
    edited December 2011
    LOL, ok, why don't you tell me this, do you understand how Audi Financial Services handles the gas guzzler tax? It is not residualized. That is the first of your problems.
  • No, haven't a clue. I would assume there is no residual on that. Actually, I think I posted in the wrong forum as I am looking to purchase, not lease this vehicle. So, I guess residual issues are not in play. That said, I would still be very interested in your opinion of what a fair deal, lease or purchase, would be on this car.

Thanks in advance for sharing your knowledge and opinion, i really appreciate it.
  • Hi richz. That is why I stated that I was calculating a "pre-tax" payment.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi,

Car man or anyone else on this thread... Do you have current Money Factor and residuals for 2012 S5 Premium Plus Convertible?

Thanks!
  • Here you go cashmandoo. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 S5 Convertible Premium Plus with 15,000 miles per year are .00122 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • thanks Car Man... sorry for the delay.
  • No problem at all cashmandoo. You're very welcome.

Car_man
    Host
  • sk77sk77 Posts: 1
    edited February 2012
    Hi Car man and everyone --

Do you have current Money Factor and residual figures for a 2012 S5 Prestige Coupe, automatic, with 10K and 12K miles per year?

Thanks in advance!
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    I certainly do sk77. Audi Financial Services' March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 S5 Prestige Coupe with 12,000 miles per year are .00099 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 10,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • ZoneMobJZoneMobJ Posts: 13
    Hello carman -

I asked about the 0.00099 mf for the prestige described above and was told it does not exist - I am getting a mf of 0.00122.
    Hi ZoneMobJ. The .00099 money factor that I mentioned is correct. If your credit is in good shape, chances are that the dealer is marking our car's factor up to add additional hidden profit to your deal.

Car_man
    Host
  • efast100efast100 Posts: 3
    edited March 2012
    I'm hoping to be in the market for a 2012 Audi S5. I'm thinking about a lease, approximately what can I expect monthly payments to be with 12,000/yr?
    I'm new to leases, what are the key points this?
    Thank you.
    I would wait - the mid-cycle refresh (2013 model V6) is coming out in the next couple of months... you could get one of those OR save 5-6 grand on the 2012. That is what I am doing.
    Thanks, I'm glad you told me about the new model coming out, as you can tell I'm just starting to look into this. I looked at some websites with pictures of the new design, it's nice, plus the new engine (V6 supercharged). I read only the RS5 will have the V8, I kind of liked the idea of the V8, it's a tough decision for me (who doesn't like having the latest model 2013), although saving 5 to 6 grand is not a bad idea. I talked to a salesperson yesterday and he told me they wouldn't offer any discounts on the 2012 vehicles, but of course he will say that, I'll have to look around. I think I misunderstood you, are you waiting for the 2013 or opting to save some cash on the current model?
    I went the European Audi site (the New S5 is out there already) and noticed under specs that the 0-60 is still going to be 4.9 secs (no loss in performance over the V8) which is great except the icing is about 4-6 extra MPG which cannot hurt these days. Yes you loose the V8 Growl but you gain:
    - MPG
    - Newer looks
    - New Technology

To me that is worth the wait so to answer - I WILL get the newer one. Finally, I spoke to my Audi person here and she was more forthcoming with a 4-6K discount being pretty standard on the 2012s once the 2013s come out :) Good Luck!!
    Hello again ZoneMobJ,
    Thanks for your input. Things have changed a little since my last post, I am know looking for an A5 even if it's the '12 model. Spoke with the dealer and here's what I got: Price 46,191.50 and 12k miles/yr. with $4,000 down, monthly payments would be $719.78. What do you think about that or who can help? Residual would be 55%. Factor .0018500. Personally I thought it was terrible.

Thanks!
    I think Car-Man would be a better judge for you... but that sounds really crap to me
  • drewtabdrewtab Posts: 8
    Car man what is the present money factor and residual for S5 coupe 2012. I got a quote today of $62,200. 55% residual. Money factor .00149 36 month $2578 out of pocket incl first month. $887 plus tax per month. They are taking my A4 back with a year left and allegedly not rolling it in.

In florida. Car seems scarce
    Hello drewtab. I agree, I'm sure that there's not a ton of S5 Coupes out there.

Audi Financial Services' April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 S5 Coupe Prestige with 12,000 miles per year are .00099 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • dmva1dmva1 Posts: 1
    edited May 2012
    Car Man

Do you have residuals and money factor for 2012 s5 cab premium plus. Leasing for 3 yrs 36k.

Thanks
This discussion has been closed.