Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Audi S5 Lease Questions

Comments

• rndchefrndchef Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2012
    I am debating on pulling the trigger on a new lease.

2013 S5 Premium Plus
    Manual trans
    19" wheels
    Navi
    Keyless ignition
    Bang Olfsen
    $1750 over invoice $55750

I have to eat $2500 on my MBZ lease so I am wondering if I should just wait it out.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi pcullen1. Audi Financial Services' August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 S5 Coupe Premium with 10,000 miles per year are .00161 and 60%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 42-month lease are .00181 and 56%.

The down payment on a lease can be whatever you want it to be. I always advise consumers to put as little money as possible down when leasing. This means making $0 capitalized cost reduction. I say this because consumers who make large down payments on leased vehicles risk losing part or all of the money that they put down if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    You're very welcome kulaso. You're right, on this expensive a car $30 per month really isn't that big a deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi rndchef. I personally would wait until I was closer to the scheduled end of my current lease rather than eat $2,500. Of course I have to add the disclaimer that no one knows for certain what a manufacturers' future incentives programs will be like, but I doubt that you're risking missing out on some outrageous deal by not pulling the trigger right now. The deals on the 2013 models will likely remain the same or possibly get better as the model year progresses.

Car_man
    Host
  • intubator4intubator4 Member Posts: 6
    Hi Car Man,
    Could you post the most recent Money Factor's and RV's for a 2013 S5 Coupe 36 month lease with 10K and 12K miles per year? Thanks!
    Here you go intubator4. Audi Financial Services' September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 S5 Coupe Premium Plus with 12,000 miles per year are .00140 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 10,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • ttsmithttsmith Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car_Man,

Are there any changes to the lease rates for a 2013 S5 Premium Plus Coupe for November? Can you provide me with the MF and Residual on a 36 month lease @ 12k/year? Thanks in advance!
    Hey ttsmith. Audi Financial Services' November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 S5 Coupe Premium Plus with 12,000 miles per year are .00122 and 57% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • xtreemsxtreems Member Posts: 1
    Car Man...

Looking at either the 2013 S4 or S5 (Leaning toward S4 for practicality but S5 is dream car).

Dealership is offering:

MSRP $59100 on S5 (with discount).
    $4000 cash to start, 15KPY, OAC
    35 payments $806.31, 41 payments $788.47 residuals 58% and 54% resp.
    $5000 cash to start, 15KPY, OAC
    35 payments $776.34, 41 paymets $762.42 residuals remain the same

MSRP $55200 on S4
    $4000 cash to start, 15KPY, OAC
    35 payments $735.39, 41 payments $717.90 residuals 57% and 53% resp.
    $5000 cash to start, 15 KPY, OAC
    35 payments $690.88, 41 payments $692.20 residuals remain the same.

ALL PAYMENTS INCLUDE SALES TAX.

I had asked for the money factor, they did not provide.... Looking at comparable dealerships (BMW, Mercedes, etc) their lease rates seem REALLY high. Without the money down I can drive away in a new C350 (loaded) coupe for a much lesser payment...

Regardless, my questions are:
    1. Would it be enough money to consider a 12k lease program (I have two other new vehicles I can drive to help keep miles down) to get the payment down and then suck the fees up at the end?
    2. Is this a fair price they're offering - or with 4k down is it feasible (on the S4) to get the payment under $700?

Thanks in advance!
    Hi xtreems. In my opinion, the S4 and S5 are great cars, but not great deals. The high-performance variants of VW and Audi products always seem to cost way too much to me.

I personally would never lease something with a lower mileage allowance than I thought I needed. In the grand scheme of things, particularly on a vehicle that's $700 per month, the difference in price between 12,000 and 15,000 miles per year is not worth the aggravation of having to avoid driving your vehicle to keep the mileage down or having to pay a tremendous excess mileage fee at lease-end.

$4,000 to $5,000 is way too much money to pay at lease signing. I always advise consumers to put as little money down as possible when leasing. Consumers who make large down payments on leases risk losing part or all of the money that they laid out if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered.

While you have these cars' MSRPs, it would be much easier to evaluate these deals if you had their selling prices. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Without the selling prices it is much tougher to determine how large a dealer discount you are being given and in turn if there's any room let to negotiate.

Let us know what the selling prices are and we'll tell you what we think.

Car_man
    Host
  • dorkulodorkulo Member Posts: 5
    Thanks again for the information Car_Man.

Here's the deal I got in case anyone is interested:

MSRP: $61,920
    Selling Price: $57,990 (6% Audi Supplier Discount, + Free Audi Care)
    Residual: 58% (57% + 1% for AudiCare)
    MoneyFactor: 0.00050 (I put down 7 Security deposits to lower the money factor)
    Monthly Payment: $719 (With all fees rolled in)

I put $0 down, and the dealer took care of the first month's payment, so all I had to pay out of pocket were my security deposits, which should come back to me at the end of the term.

Hope this helps someone out there!
  • topgun7topgun7 Member Posts: 412
    Dorkulo,

What s the maximum number of security deposits Audi allow for lease and how much reduction in money factor will each deposit provide? I have done security deposit with Lexus lease before but didn't know Audi allow that as well..
  • ttsmithttsmith Member Posts: 2
    Here's the info on MSDs,

AFS offers reduced Rent Charge Factors when more than one security deposit is collected on the same contract.
    Reduce the rent charge factor .00008 for each additional security deposit. Collect up to nine additional deposits over the initial required security deposit for a maximum of 10 total security deposits.

You also can't reduce the money factor below 0.0005. I believe I was only able to max out at 7 or 8 security deposits. Definitely worth it though...ended up saving ~$100 a month,
  • hoalawyerhoalawyer Member Posts: 4
    I am looking to lease (36 months, 36k total miles) an Audi 2013 S5 cabriolet, premium plus, with nav, 19” wheels, B&O Sound and advanced key. Do you know the December money factor (top tier credit) and residual? A local dealer gave me 47% and .0008. While I like the .0008, I think the 47% is wrong.
  • wanna_s5wanna_s5 Member Posts: 3
    Car Man
    Was wondering if you had the Dec 2012 residual value and money factor?

I have an MSRP $58,770 with sale price offer of $55,735 in southern california.
  • seanabianseanabian Member Posts: 1
    Can you get me the lease payment for a 36 month and 42 month lease (10k) for the RS5 with just drive off? I would love to know what the residual and money factor are for this car and if adding the Audi service plan increases the residual value? The msrp is $80520. I currently own the S5 and believe there is a $1000 loyalty incentive. Also, would how much would multiple deposits help lower the payment?
    Here you go wanna_s5 (appropriate name BTW :)). Audi Financial Services' December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 S5 Coupe Premium Plus with 15,000 miles per year are .00122 and 55% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi seanabian. In order to give you an idea of what this car's lease payment would be like I need to know what sort of discount you have been able to negotiate on its selling price. I am not all that familiar with the market for the RS5 right now, but I can work up a couple of different scenarios for you.

According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2013 Audi RS5 that has an MSRP of $80,520 and a selling price of full MSRP through Audi Financial Services right now for 36-months with 15,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $1,275. Wow.

A $1,000 discount to the car's selling price would drop the payment to around $1,245.

$2,000 discount: $1,216.

$3,000 discount: $1,187.

$4,000 discount: $1,157.

Multiple security deposits would definitely help to lower your car's payments some. Each additional deposit would drop the money factor by .00008, probably around $10/month or so.

Car_man
    Host

Car_man
    Host
    Sorry. Forgot to mention I'm looking at 36month.
    Once I get my numbers I'll post them here to see what you think.
    Thanks
    Oops. I meant 12k miles/yr
  • kechal12kechal12 Member Posts: 26
    What is the current money factor and residual for the S5 cabriolet. 36 months, 15K miles per year. Also how much is the security deposit that can be used to lower the payment? Thanks.
  • 808lakers808lakers Member Posts: 4
    Car Man.. Can I please get the January 2013 lease rates for my 2013 RS5? 36 and 42 months, 10k miles per year. Thank you.
  • coconcocon Member Posts: 154
    Can I have a estimate monthly for RS5 with the current 50% residual +2% for 12 000 + 1% audicare - so total of 53% and MF .00164 for 12 000 miles, no down , tax 8.5%,please?Thanks
    Hello cocon. Do you have the January 2013 lease rates for the rs5. Looks like you do so was just wondering.
    yes there you go

Residuals are

24 - 57%
    27 - 55%
    30 - 53%
    36 - 50%
    39 - 48%
    42 - 46%
    48 - 43%

Lease rate is .00164 for up to 36 months and .00184 for 39-48 months.

this is for 15k miles year ENJOY:)
    Thank you so much cocon. Are the lease rates for the top tier w/ excellent credit and what kind of fico score should you at least be to get these? Thanks.
    edited January 2013
    YW. Yes those rates are for top tier credit..I guess anything north of 740 pts will get you best rates..I'm looking to lease as well
    sounds like a plan.... can't wait to finally get it. enjoy yours!
  • habitat1habitat1 Member Posts: 4,282
    edited January 2013
    I have been debating between a 2013 911, new (2014) Cayman S and M3 as primary contenders for replacing my former 911S this spring. Friend of mine who is a BMW/Audi/Porsche enthusiast told me to add the RS5 to the list for at least a test drive.

Does the RS5 come with a manual transmission? A REAL manual, not a DSG. It looks like it does not from the Audi website, that a 6-speed manual is only available on the S5. But I've now had two dealers indicate that Audi either "may" or "will" be offering a manual transmission in the new RS5, available sometime his spring. However, they couldn't point me to any place on the Audi website that confirms this, just said its coming from their corporate sources. I will be test driving the S5 manual for general comparison. But I wouldn't be interested in an RS5 automatic. An RS5 manual would get very serious consideration.

If anyone can point me to any info source that could confirm whether or not the RS5 is due to get a manual transmission option, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    Hello kechal12. Audi Financial Services' January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 S5 Cabriolet Premium Plus with 15,000 miles per year are .00092 and 53% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Each security deposit that is used to buy down your car's money factor is equivalent to your car's monthly payment rounded up to the nearest $25 increment.

Car_man
    Host
    edited January 2013
    wow look at all of these questions about the RS5. Interesting. I don't see too many of those around or asked about. Audi Financial Services' January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 RS5 with 10,000 miles per year are .00164 and 53% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 42-month lease are .00184 and 49%.

Car_man
    Host
  • bioslugbioslug Member Posts: 1
    Hey Car Man... What are the January lease rates for the 2013 S5 premium plus for 24, 30, 36 month leases @ 15000 miles a year.

Thanks a lot for your help!
    Hi bioslug. Audi Financial Services' January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 S5 Coupe Premium Plus with 15,000 miles per year are .00126 and 61% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 30-month lease are .00126 and 57%.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are .00126 and 54%.

Car_man
    Host
    the RS5 comes only with automatic tranny..but its amazing I suggest drive one and you'll see.I dont think that they will put in it manual though for sure.But this dual clutch s tronic is really good man.
  • habitat1habitat1 Member Posts: 4,282
    Thanks for the response and suggestion, but if Porsche can't convince me to give up the driving engagement/enjoyment I get from a manual with their world class PDK, Audi won't be able to do it with their dual clutch auto.. I just have no interest in giving up that part of driving a sports car or sports coupe. Heck, it was hard enough making the decision to go with an X5d automatic instead of a Cayenne V6 6-speed manual. It's not the opportunity to shave off 0.2 seconds to 60 using "launch control" that interests me. I'm just much happier in a drivers seat working through the gears myself.

The S5 manual got a nice review in the Washington Post today, maybe I'll give it a try.
  • audiman26audiman26 Member Posts: 1
    Hey Guys,
    Hope you can help me. I got a lease quote of $799.80, 12K 36 months. Sticker $59,026 for Black S5 2013. I have least due at signing, so just title, aquisition ect.. $1962 due at signing.

Do you think I got more room for negotiation?
  • mrschesmrsches Member Posts: 2
    Hey Car Man...newbie here!
    i've been searching around and all I can find for Jan rates here are for 15k/yr. i'm interested in 12k.

What are the January lease rates for the 2013 S5 premium plus for 24, 30, 36 month leases @ 12,000 miles a year?

Thanks!!!
  • mrschesmrsches Member Posts: 2
    i wanted to share the details of the lease that i just got today (1/30/13)
    2013 S5 coupe prem plus MT
    12k miles/year
    MF 0.00126
    residual 56%
    add 1% with Audi Care
    Hey mrsches. Audi's February lease program is the same as its January program was.

The money factors for a lease of this car would be the same for a lease with 15,000 miles per year as they would be for a lease with 12,000 miles per year. However, the residual values for a lease with 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • mcpamcpa Member Posts: 2
    Hi,

Can you provide the March buy-rate moneyfactor and residuals for 12K miles for 30 and 36 months on S5 Coupe Premium Plus?

Is Audi running any leasing specials right now?

Thanks Car_Man
  • anti_zanti_z Member Posts: 1
    A dealer just quoted me for 12K miles, 36 months, 2013 S5 convertable (premium plus):
    money factor 0.00157 and residual 55%.
    Isn't that money factor a bit high? Any idea if it'll be better in April?
  • larrymlarrym Member Posts: 21
    Got quoted from a dealer yesterday for a 36 month lease

S5 premium plus
    56% Depreciation
    0.00106 MF
    10k miles

Does this sound correct?
    What is the change for 12k miles and Audi care? How much does Audi care cost?
  • uanmiuanmi Member Posts: 1
    Hey Car_Man -

Thanks for all of your advice so far - it's been invaluable!

I'm looking to lease a 2013 RS5 - what sort of residual and money factor should I expect for a (i) 10,000 miles / year and (ii) 24 month lease?

Have you seen customers pay under MSRP for the RS5?

Thanks a lot!!
    You're very welcome uanmi. Thank you for the thanks :).

Audi Financial Services' April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 RS5 Coupe with 10,000 miles per year are .00162 and 59% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

I really haven't heard about consumers paying anything for this car, it's a very low volume vehicle. I suspect that if you want one you probably would have have to pay close to full MSRP, but again I don't know for certain. I can tell you that a 2-year lease of this car is going to have one heck of a high payment, but it will be a sweet ride :).

Car_man
    Host
  • allianallian Member Posts: 20
    Hi ,
    do you know the MF and RV for 36 month and 10k miles per year , for RS5 .?

Thanks
  • audiophile50audiophile50 Member Posts: 1
    Hey Car Man.. What are the May lease rates for the 2013 S5 premium plus for 36 month leases 12000 miles a year. Thanks for your help!
  • muckm04muckm04 Member Posts: 1
    Hello,

I'm looking to lease a 2013 S5, premium plus. It will be 18k miles / year on a 36 month lease. Can you let me know what I should expect the residual and MF to be? I've seen a lot about 15k miles per year, but how do I factor in the extra 3k miles/yr?

Thanks!
  • ipattipatt Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car Man,

What's the May lease rates on a 2013 S5 Prestige Coupe for 36 months with 15k miles / year?

Thanks!
    Here you go allian. Audi Financial Services' May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 RS5 Coupe with 10,000 miles per year are .00159 and 52% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey audiophile50. Audi Financial Services' May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 S5 Coupe Premium Plus with 12,000 miles per year are .00089 and 54% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.