Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Outback with repaired hail damage

I am considering buying a new 2011 Subaru Outback Premium with All Weather Package that the dealership has repaired hail damage on. The sticker price is listed as $27, 912 and they are asking $25,497, which as I understand it is close to the invoice price on this car anyway. I was hoping to get a greater discount because of the hail damage. Is that not a possibility because it’s been repaired? How much would you expect to pay for such a car? I should mention here that I have never bought a car before, so I am new ( and nervous) at this whole idea!

• ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    Doesn't seem to be discounted enough, if you ask me.

I'd shoot for 10% below invoice. It's a damaged car, even if fixed it can't cost the same as new.
  • fibber2fibber2 Mid Hudson Valley, NYPosts: 3,743
    I'll bet that the dealership received an insurance disbursement covering damage repair and possibly some compensation for loss of value. Consider it to be damaged goods and negotiate accordingly.
  • dcm61dcm61 Posts: 1,517
    edited October 2011
    I would think that UNdamaged 2011 OB should be selling close to invoice (+ or -) since the 2012s are now rolling in.

Check the TMV here at Edmunds to get an idea what a new one should sell for in your area.
  • Will a repair like this show up on a vechicle history report? I'm trying to think ahead for when it's time to trade it in...

Thanks for all the help!