Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevrolet Volt Lease Questions

Comments

• Wow, this sounds like a great deal but I cannot figure out how you got such a low price from the info you supplied. I assume they heavily discounted off the MSRP and perhaps you got very low interest. Even so, using a lease calculator I cannot get the payments below $400/500 per month. Can you provide nay additional details? i would love ot find a deal similar to this in the LA area.

Thanks!
  • Hi Toddeb,

My car got all the upgrade except navigation (dont need bc of 3 years Onstar), Bose , leather heated seats, safety sensors, etc... i didn't get the special premium bc i didn't want to pay more. They discounted the car down to around $40.,000 and then discounted the $2500. Not sure how they did it. My total drive off was $1199. It was my first time leasing. It's $30 more if you want 15k mi. But i never drove more than 12k a year.

George chevrolet is right off Bellflower on the 91 fwy . Ask for Alejandro.
  • I didn't care about the residual bc i don't plan on keeping my car after the lease term. This is the first time i lease a car. With the new technology and great lease price, my payment is the same as what i normally paid for gas. Unless i get a good lease deal later, i don't see myself leasing my next car.
  • Yes, I feel the same way. I prefer a high residual. Unfortunately, they lowered the residuals in mid October (RIGHT when I went to lease one!) and made a monthly lease rate more expensive.
  • Oh, I didn't realize it was 12k. I was looking at 15k. I also contacted George Chevrolet but they were only offering to go down to $42k before the $2420 reduction, not $40k. Maybe I can get them down to that price, too. Thanks!
  • Maybe it was a good thing i didn't know anything about leasing. I don't know how they do their calculation. I BS on what another dealership was quoting me and got them to beat it or match it....and they did. If you're serious about leasing the volt, i can ask the salesman that i got the car from to see if they can give you the same lease. It worked for my friends.
  • i got my volt today with nav & leather mrsp 44150,
    drive off - $1750
    miles - 12k
    term - 36 months
    payment - $400 including tax CA

is this a good deal?
  • Congratulations. As long as you are happy with it then it's a good deal. It's a great car. For the price of the car, i wish they make it more luxurious. I guess something gotta give . I have my car for 3 months and still has 6 gallons of gas left. I hope i remember how to fill gas later...lol.

Btw, don't forget to enroll with Onstar and download the app on your phone for the remote start. I love the turn-by-turn navigation. I didn't know this but it takes about 16 hrs to charge on empty @8amp. You can over ride it to 12amp by pushing the leaf button. It will give you a quicker charge...about 10hrs on empty. Enjoy your Volt.
  • Yes, congrats!
    The I phone app is awesome.
    I have had my volt 3 months, gone 1200 miles. Three gallons of gas used, way cool.
    Enjoy it.
  • I am looking for a new Volt as well. Can you tell me where you got this deal from?

Thanks.
  • I leased a 2012 in Riverhead, Long Island, NY. My Volt is fully loaded, including the Diamond White paint. I negotiated a payment of $418 per month for 36 months and 36,000 miles (20 cents per mile over that limit). As your posting is almost a month old, I'll assume that you made your deal. I hope that you like your 2012 as much as I love mine. I've driven over 9500 miles to date, half electric, half gas. I get an average of 20.7 kWh/100 miles and 41.2 mpg in CS mode. My total energy cost is averaging 6 cents per mile (and that's using premium gas at around $4.20 per gallon). Usable life of the ICE oil is at 79%, many more mile yet to go before needing an oil change. The 2010 Prius I traded in would have averaged 8 cents per mile (50 mpg and $3.85 per gallon), or more when factoring in oil changes. The electric rate I pay, with taxes and surcharges factored in, is 20 Cents per kWh. Good luck with your 2012 - you're in for a treat! And just for the record, I am completely bewildered with the Edmunds comment about touchy brakes, My brakes act just like my Prius brakes acted. They are NOT touchy, IMO. They are excellent.
  • I leased from Felix chevrolet in Los Angeles.
  • Fairfield Chevy
  • has anyone negotiated a 15k mile lease? Thanks
  • In So Cal. Might pick one up today if this sounds like a good deal! Thanks everybody.
    36 Month Lease / 15K Miles per year
    Base Payment is $360 + Tax
    Due at Delivery - $1,500

Is there any other info I should find out? That's all I really have. Thanks.
  • Working on that today. See my last post in this forum. Thanks.
  • 12K/36K miles
    2K drive-off, $400/month including taxes.
    $395 termination

Premium Package
    Safety Package 2
    Navigation

Courtesy Chevrolet on Stevens Creek - ask for Rich.
  • ozpozp Posts: 2
    Car man do you have the lease rates, residuals and incentives for base model and 12k/15k per year? Thanks.
  • hippievolthippievolt Posts: 1
    edited December 2012
    back in Oct i neg a 2013 volt, leather, safety package 2, 15k year, 1100 drive off, 36month, 425month. great car, love it. love that im not spending 700 a month on gas anymore. got it from felix chevrolet in los angeles.
  • I sure do ozp. BTW, I personally think that the Volt is really cool. Ally's December base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Chevrolet Volt without navigation with 15,000 miles per year are 1.05% and 57%.

General Motors is providing a $2,420 cash incentive on leases of this car right now.

The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year is 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
This discussion has been closed.