Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevrolet Volt Lease Questions

Comments

• I just picked up my new Volt in OC (Connell Chevy). Black with black leather, enhanced safety 1, no NAV, no polished chrome or enhanced safety 2. $800 down, $278 incl. tax 36 mo, 12k mi/yr. Great car- definitely call/email dealers around town as they vary quite a bit in rates. This forum is the best source of info.

Question- my wife would really like the enhanced safety 2, which wasn't that big of a deal to me. Does anyone know if it is possible to have the dealer add/activate that feature OR at the least, know of a good front bumper sensor that does not require any drilling and is wireless?

Thanks much
  • I think residual matters most at the end of your lease- if you want to purchase the time to negotiate that is now, but I could be wrong. I think if you know you are turning it in, it may not matter as much.
    Not sure about the insurance question- call your carrier.
    Re 240 charger, you pay the installer. Cost is about $500, but some utility companies have rebates to cover the cost. Also, there is a $1000 Fed. tax credit so if you itemized it will help.
    Most folks will do okay with a regular outlet as long as you have overnight to plug in. The Volt allows you to program start charge time to charge when rates are lowest.
    Can't see how you could safely ever put 5 in the car.
    Shop for the car by email with multiple dealers. The minute you start dealing with only one dealer, you make the negotiating process much more difficult. Make them bid against each other- they will know their bottom line and when you hit it that number with several dealers, then you know you have arrived at a good deal.

Good luck- great car.
  • artrooartroo Posts: 4
    Hi guys,

Lurker here. I'm looking to pull the trigger for a Volt. The local dealership is offering this deal: http://www.burienchevrolet.com/weekly-ad

A few questions:
    1) Based on recent lease stories, do you guys think this is negotiable?
    2) I have a trade in worth about $2,500 (conservatively). In a lease scenario would they just remove the down payment?
    3) any other tips? :)
  • artroo your trade-in value would be applied to the down payment but did you see that they are wanting $9,520 at lease signing?
  • Got mine today!! here is the deal:

$372.88 monthly payment (including tax) for a 36 Months Lease(36K miles) with $1300 drive off for a 2013 White Diamond Tricoat (fully loaded - premium trim pkg, 17" polished aluminum wheels, mylink radio with nav, premium bose pkg, safety pkg 1 and 2). I talked to couple of different dealers in my area but the prices were way off. This dealer was consistent about his price and quoted me the best price by email. We went to the dealership this morning and signed the lease and drove off my car this afternoon!

Hope this information is helpful to the others!
  • evs9evs9 Posts: 1
    Last night I leased a black 2013 Volt fully loaded with the exception of navigation and chrome wheels.

Here's the deal:
    $800 drive off
    $326.92/mo
    3 years, 12,000mi/yr

I had wanted white, but this seemed to be a deal I couldn't pass up. Please tell me it was!

I am wondering if I should go back today and add the SmartLease Protect for another $595. That would bring my monthly payment up to $343.45. I have never leased before. Is the SmartLease Protect a worthwhile investment? I imagine my car will get dinged - it may buy me some piece of mind.
    I appreciate any input.
  • b3nd3rb3nd3r Posts: 9
    edited September 2013
    2013 Chevrolet Volt base

$39,145.00 Silver Topaz Metallic (non-premium paint) w/ white ceramic interior
    + $1,395.00 Premium Trim Package (full leather w/ leather wheel, heated seats, removable rear storage armrest)
    + $850.00 Destination Charge
    _________
    $41,390.00

Rebates and Incentives

– $5,000.00 manufacturer discount
    – $500.00 holiday bonus cash (Labor Day Weekend)
    – $1,000.00 conquest cash (we are also leasing a 2012 Toyota RAV4)
    – $7,500.00 Federal Tax rebate (kept by the bank, obviously)
    _________
    – $14,00.00

Bottom Line

• 36 months
    • 15,000 miles annually
    • $0.00 down (only first month payment)
    • purchased from Coughlin Automotive in Columbus, OH (Pataskala)
    • top tier credit
    _________
    $302.88/mo
  • I almost had a deal working with Capitol Chevy on a fully loaded 2013 Black Volt. How I hate these dealerships. Final sale price was $34,685 on an MSRP of $44,605. Their money factor was 0.00106 until I walked away and they got it to what everyone in the Bay area is reporting 0.00055. They sent a written proposal via email

$2399 down, 10k/year. $26580 residual.

I am about to close the deal and then their GM overrules the deal and raises the money factor to 0.00086. My monthly payments including tax go from $287.15 to $310 just because he said so.

I voided the deal. They can keep the Volt No wonder they have the largest Volt inventory in the Bay area. They can't sell any. Tesla, here I come.
  • ucsbphd,

Our past experience showed us that Chevy dealers, in general, have very little interest in moving these cars.

We tried last fall to lease one, and contacted 5-6 dealers. Many times, our inquiries were not responded to at all despite the fact that we are highly qualified customers. In one case, the dealer agreed to the deal over the phone, and as we got in the car to sign, called back and said he changed his mind. Unbelievable.

Because there are so many Chevy dealers, I would recommend that you stick with it and just keep moving on until you find the right dealer. Our latest experience with Coughlin was more like the experience I am accustomed to at a Lexus dealer – low pressure, straight dealing, and genuinely wanting to sell/lease us the car. That experience stands in stark contrast to every other one we had with every other Chevy dealer.

Truly unfortunate.
  • Great forum! My first deal is from Dave Smith in Idaho (would have to fly to Spokane). Local deals not so good, however.

For the base model: 15k, $3000 down and $266 per month for 36 months. Burien Chevrolet south of Seattle indicated on phone they would match that price, but I'm wondering now if I can do better. Best deals here, out of pocket, are about $10800 or so for 3 year lease, and these are with some upgrades--one with 12k miles instead of 15. Should I keep shopping? I want a good deal and like the Volt but don't want to nickel and dime it to death! Thanks for input.
    edited September 2013
    duktruen,

$3,000 down equates to about $83/mo (w/o interest), so you are paying $349/mo on a 36 mo/15K lease.

Compare to the fact we just did $302.88/mo w/ $0 down on a 36mo/15K lease... on a $41,390 Volt.

I would think you could do better, but I don't know the equipment level you are looking at for comparison.
  • Thanks b3nd3r, safety package one would be nice -- so we'd be looking at the same Volt. Our deal thus far was on the standard $39,995 model. We couldn't get the extra rebate for previous lease that you did...tax here in WA state is similar, 8.9%, so that puts us about $2,000 away from your deal, give or take a little? Sounds like we should keep shopping.
  • sudbsudb Posts: 2
    b3nd3r - You got a terrific deal.

I am about to close the deal on a 2013 volt. Fully loaded with MSRP of $44,060. Lease: 36 months, 15k miles annually, $3,000 down, Ally smartlease $850 (don't know whether its worth it). Dealer is asking for $350 per month.

I don't think that I will be able to get your kind of deal. But can try to get something closer.

Considering I am putting in an extra $2650 down - for ease of calculation sake let's presume that it goes towards the extra options in this car. ($44,060 this car - $41,390 your car = $2,670)

I think I will try to negotiate the price by atleast $1000 (that's $27 per month for 36 months).

Can you give your opinion on this Ally Smart lease program? Is it worth $850. If not what's a good price for that?
  • Your math seems about right. I think there's more room in that deal, but the Labor Day cash ($500) expired today so you need to back that out.

Can you get the conquest cash?
    edited September 2013
    The SmartLease is a dealer add-on, so it has a huge profit built into it.

Having said that, how abusive (historically) are you on your vehicles? If you are good about cosmetic maintenance, it's likely unnecessary insurance. If you are not, I would try to negotiate a discount. I've heard of people getting it for $600 or less.
  • New deals. :) Been going back and forth between Burien Chevy and Dave Smith in Idaho:

Burien: Zero down on base demo model, $315 per month, 36 month. This one has 1,000 miles on it and is white, my least favorite color, but I wouldn't see much of it when driving. No extra

Dave Smith: Zero down at $338 per month with safety package one (rear camera auto dimming rearview and rear parking assist), and comfort package (heated seats and leather trimmed steering wheel).
    Both are 15,000 miles.
    edited September 2013
    I wouldn't worry about the dealer demo miles, as the lease mileage is typically calculated starting with the odometer reading when you take delivery.

That's "Safety 1" package on the second vehicle, right? $575 + $275 for comfort = $850. That would be $23/mo or so for thoe options.

I would think the first one should be $300/mo and the second one about $320, but those numbers seem better than your first attempt. ;-)
  • yes, safety one on the 338 per month, 0 down. I asked them to run numbers on 12,000 mile lease (which we could do) and that would bring it down to 314.60. Waiting to hear back on the demo at 12,000 miles. The discount I can't get is the current lease holder at $1,000. Not sure about the Labor Day cash.
    But so far I've just used what the other offer was to haggle...I think they'd have trouble moving the demo so may try for $300 a month or the equivalent at 12,000 and see what they say. thanks again. will post final numbers.
  • sudbsudb Posts: 2
    Looks like the 2013 volt is hard to get. Couldn't find the car with the options I am looking for. So, I finalized on a 2014 volt $39,715 MSRP, $3000 down, 15000 miles annually, 9% sales tax, and with a $850 Smart Lease protection. Negotiated to lease payment of $358 monthly (including tax). Don't know how good or bad, but I am just going with it now. And yes, there is a $1500 tax rebate. So effectively its $316 monthly.

The dealer did mention that the Smart Lease costs them $700.
  • Hi,
    Great forum! Wish I had spent more time here before closing my deal today! Having some remorse but I suppose I have no recourse. Here's what I signed today:

2013 Silver Base
    Safety 1
    Safety 2
    Comfort
    36 mo/12k
    Zero down
    First month no payment
    $327/month incl tax (8%)
    Ally Bank (no disposition fees)

How bad should I feel?
  • I think there was some room left in that deal, but honestly that doesn't seem too bad at all.

My experience from cruising this forum was that a super deal was $300/mo, 15K miles, zero down on a base car. I managed to squeeze a bit more by getting leather for that price, but I also had conquest cash and Labor Day cash in the deal.

In your case, you have $275 + $575 + $595 in options above a base, for a total of $1,445 — that equates to another $40.14/mo in options. Granted, you have a 12K lease, but your payment is also less than the options alone would indicate.

So, I wouldn't feel bad if I were you, especially if you got the car you wanted.
  • b3nd3r,

Do you get any additional residual for the $1,445 in options added?
  • Closed our deal a few days ago. Thanks to input from "b3nd3r" got Dave Smith down to $299 for a base model with safety package one, 0 down, for 3 years at 12,000 miles. Flying to Spokane and dealer will pick me up at airport. Might have been able to get similar deal with local Seattle area deal but they just felt kind of sleazy. The whole car buying experience needs some kind of redo but so far I feel positive about our experience. Will let you know of any fine print issues after Wednesday! Right looking forward to driving the Volt back and trying out some charging stations on the way!
  • Marginally, one would assume there is added residual.
  • Agreed. In general, Chevy dealers need to take a page from Lexus and other premium brands. Not necessarily in terms of dealership amenities, but in how they approach the sales process.
  • 2013 base model ..3 year lease 30k miles 299 a month with everything rolled into the lease..first month and dmv down...21330 option to buy at lease end..from chevrolet of huntington long island..love the car and feel i got an excellent deal
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,064
    Hello brillskill,

Glad that you feel that you received an excellent deal on the vehicle you leased! If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to reach out to us. We'll be more than happy to help you!!

Marlea Wilson
    GM Customer Service
  • Hi Folks

I am new to leasing and am interested in leasing a 2014 for 36 months. Can any one please share their latest information on prices paid and with options.

I am looking at the base model with just Navigation.

Thanks in advance
  • Hello all..

I have never leased a car before, but looking around several sites (and this one), I am getting it... I think.. one thing that concerns me is when I actually give the car back at the lease end... how many issues do I need to be aware of at that time? I suppose I am talking about normal wear and tear on the car--I am very gentle on my cars..but can't speak for other people driving and scraping alongside!!

Thanks all

Ray
    Miami
  • hI there..

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but a lot of people are talking about this $7,500 tax credit... I know if you BUY a car, this tax credit only applies to your own personal income taxes..If you earn over, say, $40K a year you might get a little piece of that back...but earn any less...forget any credit whatsoever..

But how does the 'credit' affect a lease/

Any info?

Thanks a lot
    Rya
    Miami
This discussion has been closed.