Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevrolet Volt Lease Questions

1181920212224»

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,652
    It will be a few days before we have the new rates..

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• scrambler4scrambler4 Posts: 2
    edited November 2013
    In case it can help prospective owner of this amazing car, below is the link to a lease calculation Excel sheet I made after leasing our volt in march 2013.
    https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=4BE668230430EFDD&id=4BE668230430EFDD!799

The sheet includes two tables:

1) A Direct Calculation table that shows the various lease variable and how they are combined to produce a monthly payment.

When you know the key variables (in yellow) you can simulate different leases by trying different money down, APR, dealer discount etc... and therefore find out what conditions you would need to get to a certain lease payment.

That table is prefilled with the numbers I got for my lease with Ally in March 2013.

Of course, you usually cannot get all that information upfront from the dealer. There are many items a dealer won’t tell you about that will influence the lease. So the sheet includes a second table.

2) A Reverse calculation table, to figure out some numbers based on a few key elements that a dealer will give you when you ask. This table allows you to figure out elements such as dealer discount or miscellaneous upfront costs.

Once you have these, you can use the first table to see how much more money you need to put down, or how much more discount you need to push for, in order to get below a certain monthly payment.

When Asking a Dealer for a quote, you would give him
    • The model / options you want
    • The duration of the lease (ie: 36 mth)
    • The mileage (ie: 12,000 miles)
    • The money you are prepared to put down. IMPORTANT tell him this has to cover ALL upfront costs that must be paid. If not some dealers will leave aside some fees that they will add at the last minute, increasing the initial “money down” amount you had mentioned.

With these elements, the numbers you need to insist on getting are (and that I found they will usually provide if asked):
    • MSRP
    • Lease incentive
    • Capitalized Cost Reduction
    • Adjusted Net Cap cost
    • Residual value
    • APR

These will allow you to figure out the dealer discount (you need to assume some lease fees) so you know if you are getting a deal, as well as the miscellaneous Up Front costs.

Hope this helps
  • Hi Kirani:

Can you please send me the details of the dealer privately to my email address? I am interested in the deal.
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 3,134
    Please do not post contact information for dealerships. Post deleted that contained this information.

Regards,
    Michaell

Host, Prices Paid

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,824

Please continue in our 2014 Chevrolet Volt Lease Questions discussion.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

This discussion has been closed.