Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevrolet Volt Lease Questions

Comments

• orbm1orbm1 Posts: 3
    edited July 2012
    I am about to close on a Chevy Volt, with premium package (no navigation). MSRP $42,415

I have been offered:

$1,200 down incl title, plate, and reg)
    $306 incl taxes per month
    24 months
    15,000 miles per year
    I was told the money factor was 1%
    Residual 67%

What do you think?
  • good to know my deal is still decent 3 wks later. more time will tell though as it seems likely the deals are really going to sweeten up come aug-sept as the model year closes out after a slow start to yearly sales goals and now a spluttering economy. July's 24 month lease may be a taste of what will come... I'll call shenanigans when Ally roles out a 12 month lease with the tax credit applied such that some of us get to drive a Volt free for one year. :sick: So, stay dispasionate and don't settle with less than a great deal now.

while the variation in deals between local lots at any given time is small relative to level shifts that might occur over the next two months, which local dealer will deal best varies as a function of current and pipelined inventory, where the sales staff is wrt end of month/quarter sold unit goals, etc.

my dealer is in pdx area, so you should do at least as well by pitching to the one with the highest inventory in the fourth week of the month. be willing to walk away and if they don't later call you back with acceptance, I'd just repeat at end of Aug and again in Sept. given the dark clouds on the economic horizon.
  • iggsoiggso Posts: 28
    edited July 2012
    No trade. The lease is only 10,000 miles. East coast.
    Volt includes 36 months premium onstar - which is a nice value.
  • Does anyone have credit score info about the cut-offs for the best Volt lease offers (through Ally), and their minimum credit scores to secure a Volt lease?
  • I learned a lot from this forum so wanted to share my experience. Thanks!

2012 Volt with Navigation, Park Assist/back up cam, and Premium trim package
    36 month 12,000/year lease

MSRP on my options: $45,683
    Actual Purchase Price: $43, 124 (Total Confidence Price per https://www.gmsupplierdiscount.com/ip-vpp/ )

Residual: 59%
    Money Factor: 1%
    Lease Fee: $695
    Tag Fee: $118
    Doc Fee: $200
    Cap Cost Reduction From Ally: -$5,045
    Money Down: $0 (I paid $847 to cover a refundable deposit and first payment)

Monthly Payment: $386 ($422 with Virginia sales taxes rolled in)

I love the car and my commute is about 30 miles round trip so I will buy hardly any gas for three years. Also, came with three years of Onstar and 6 months of sat radio free. Be sure to call your utility company as well as SPX Home Charging (https://homecharging.spx.com/portal/) to see if there are incentives in your area. I was able to get the charging station completely free including installation.
  • ven88ven88 Posts: 1
    Hi all - has anyone found a good Volt lease deal in Ohio recently?

Many thanks!
    Jonny
  • orlemorlem Posts: 2
    We are looking at buying a 2013 Volt and I went in and test drove one. Love it. Spoke to the dealer about leasing options. I drive around a 100 miles for work each day and am looking for around a 35000 mile/ year high mileage lease. one of the dealers mentioned "impossible" and i should opt for buying the car. Since I'm pretty sure I will be looking for a new car in 3-4 years I'm thinking a lease would be a better option. Do we have any high mileage lease options in Southern California for a Volt? or is this just not possible?
  • tgaydoshtgaydosh Posts: 4
    What are the current lease incentives on a Volt in CT?
  • peterindbpeterindb Posts: 2
    edited July 2012
    Hi, there,

Just leased a Volt with the help of this forum and thought I'd also share what I experienced (A smooth process at Selman Chevy at Orange, CA.)

Model: 2013 Black with Premium Package, Bose audio.

MSRP: $42480
    Price offered: $40498
    $ up front (including 1st lease payment and security deposit): $ 1200
    Residual: 67%
    Lease Term: 36 months @ 12,000 miles/yr.
    Interest rate: 1.35%

Monthly payment: $366/mo + tax

I did the initial negotiations via email with their internet fleet manager. The offered price (almost 2K off MSRP) got me in the dealer door. Of course when they found out I wanted to lease, they offered up the monthly payments (low $400's) without showing me the other relevant numbers at first. I Was able to get the payments down as soon as I asked for the residual and the money factor numbers behind their calculations.

Love the car so far, Build quality is indistinguishable from import, and the thing has some zip.
  • sport73sport73 Posts: 1
    Thought I'd share my experience:

2012 Chevy Volt Loaded with Premium Leather Trim, Navigation, Bose, Rear Park Assist, polished wheels...

36 months; 15,000 miles/yr.
    $2500 down.
    $320/mo. including FL tax

Don't really care what they valued the residual at as I have no plans to purchase at lease end. Only downside was having to suck up the vehicle's red accents.
  • alonzov1alonzov1 Posts: 7
    Does anybody have the MF and Residual on a fully loaded 2013 VOLT, 15K miles lease?. Not sure if the numbers differ from region to region; I am in California.

Thanks in advance
  • krish3krish3 Posts: 2
    I got the following quote from the dealer yesterday. Want to see if it is reasonable?

Car type: Volt fully loaded (MSRP: 44875)

Monthly lease: 350$/month (including taxes)
    Lease term: 36 months
    Miles: 12000/year
    Downpayment - 1500$ [he claimed 1500$ you MAY get back from California]

Residual price: 26300 (around that)

Is it reasonable? Should I ask for 15K miles & should I ask for 0 down?

I will appreciate any feedback.
  • phaworthphaworth Posts: 20
    Not a bad deal but get zero down. It will push it up to $390-$400 but you will qualify for $1500 back from state if they have money left. My zero down deal 5 months ago for a $45K Volt is $450 mo which includes taxes.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi tgaydosh. Chevrolet is currently providing a $5,045 cash incentive and a special lease rate of 1.0% on 36-month leases of 2012 Volt non-PCV models.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Here's the information that you're looking for alonzov1. Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Volt with navigation and 15,000 miles per year are 1.35% and 64%, respectively.

As you can see, Ally publishes lease rates instead of money factors for the vehicles that it leases. You can convert its published lease rates into approximate money factor equivalents by dividing them by 2400.

Car_man
    Host
  • orbm1orbm1 Posts: 3
    Mr. Car Man,

what would that translate to payment wise??? any ideas?

Thanks
  • Thanks Carman:

Do 2013s have the same cash incentive ($5045) than 2012?

Regards,

Alonzo
  • mrp120mrp120 Posts: 1
    Hey Casegixxer -

Just drove a Volt today and really liked it. We are in GA as well. It sounds like you had a positive experience with the dealer. Where did you go??
  • krish3krish3 Posts: 2
    FYI:

Northern california
    2012 Volt
    15000 miles/year
    1700 down payment (hoping to get 1500 back from california)

377$/month lease
  • Does anyone know if the current lease special on the 2012 Volt is available on a new 2013? The local inventory of 2012's is slim pickins.
  • Does anyone have the current residule on a 2012 w/ nav, 36month at 15k miles/yr?

Thanks
  • I'm picking up my 2013 Volt Friday!! Can you provide the current lease numbers (mf and residual)? I'm looking at 10,000 miles/yr. I'd like the numbers for both 24 and 36 months. This is for a 2013 Volt with Nav. Also I assume the $5045 lease cash is still good on the 2013? Thanks!!
  • vfanrjvfanrj Posts: 3
    I chatted with Chevy on the 2013 lease terms early last week and they told me "no." They also were not willing to publish a date when they would apply the promotion lease terms on the '13 models.

My guess is that they are trying to clear out the 2012s first before promoting a 2013. I leased a 2012 last week and absolutely love the car. It is the best car that I've owned. Money saved in gas more than cover my $250/month lease payment.
  • bacchusmbacchusm Posts: 5
    edited August 2012
    Hopefully picking up my 2013 Volt Saturday.

They told me that Ally/Us Bank changed their residual around so now it is about66% and only about $1,750 rebate for the 2013. I ordered my from the factory so I have been waiting for almost two months now. I worked out a kinda deal because when I ordered it the rates weren't available, but we have talked since and I am get closer to the numbers I would like. I guess we will Saturday. Thank all of you here are you have help me stay in touch with the numbers.
  • Yea, it's tough trying to make a deal when you don't now the incentives or what others are paying since the car is brand new. That's why I figured I'd wait until it comes in to talk numbers. Hopefully it'll work out, I'm a little nervous. Now there aren't many 2012's left so if I decide the lease incentives on the 2013 suck it'd be hard to get a 2012 with what I want.
  • Yeah, there are a couple of things I wanted on the 2013 that weren't available on the 2012.

The main one was:

front park assist, forward collision alert and lane departure warning systems
    I both on my previous car and really like them.

The rear camera and rear park assist as important to me.

I like that the 2013 are all HOV California, the 2nd half of the 2012 were also.
    Hi orbm1. That depends upon the MSRP and selling price of the exact car that you are interested in. Let me know what those figures are and I'll be happy to work up a payment for you.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Alonzo . The cash incentive for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Volt is much lower, $1,675.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi lawbroker. Chevrolet is providing lease support on the 2013 Volt, but its lease program on it is not as attractive as the program that is currently running on the 2012 model.

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go oregunguy. Ally's August base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Chevrolet Volt with Navigation and 15,000 miles per year are 1.0% and 57%, respectively.

When negotiating your deal on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $5,045 cash incentive that is currently available on 36-month leases of it through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.