Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chrysler 300M: Problems & Solutions

Comments

• the check engine light comes on when I start the car I changed the egr valve in it and it went away until today, I had a friend search for a code and we found PO456 and couldn't find that particular code my buddy thought it could be a gas cap thing, it did indicate a small leak, but in the list of the codes it didn't have PO456,weird what could it be??????
  • tayl0rdtayl0rd Posts: 1,938
    P0456 Nothing Listed
    P0465 Purge Flow Sensor Circuit Malfunction
    P0546 Nothing Listed
    P0564 Nothing Listed
    P0645 Air Conditioning (A/C) Clutch Relay Control Circuit
    P0654 Engine RPM Output Circuit Malfunction
  • I HAD A ISSUE BEING IN THE AUTO STICK AND
    > > SHIFTING
    > > > > THE OUT OF IT. THEN
    > > > > THE ENGINE LIGHT CAME ON. IT SEEMED TO HAD BEEN
    > > > > STUCK IN A GEAR, NOT
    > > > > SURE OF WHICH ONE. I TOOK IT TOO FIRESTONE TO
    > > HAVE
    > > > > THEM CHECK IT. THESE
    > > > > ARE THE CODES PO700 & PO1776......TRANSMISSION
    > > > > CODE/SWITCHING VALUE.
    > > > > FREE FRAME READ 6000RPM IN 3RD GEAR. THEY
    > > CLEARED
    > > > > THEM AND RELEARN
    > > > > COMPUTER. LIGHT HAS CAME BACK ON. SOME
    > > HESITATION,
    > > > > THE DISPLAY LIGHTS
    > > > > UP WITH BOXES AROUND ALL THE GEARS AND WONT
    > > SHIFT.
    > > > >
    > > > > IS THIS MAJOR OR IS THIS SOMETHING TO DO WITH
    > > > > INPUT/OUTPUT SENSORS OR
    > > > > SOMETHING ELSE......I HOPE THE TRANSMISSION
    > > ISN'T
    > > > > GOING BAD.
    > > > >
    > > > > I KNOW FIRESTONE DOESNT DUE TRANSMISSION.....BUT
    > > > > THEY NOTED IT MAY NEED
    > > > > TRANS OVERHAUL.............CAN SOME
    > > > > HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEFORE I TAKE IT
    > > > > TO THE DEALER......IT HAS 90,700 MILES ON
    > > > > IT....THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!
    > > > >
    > > > >
    > > > > PLEASE LET ME KNOW.......I WANT TO KEEP MY
    > > > > CAR!!!!!!!!!!!
  • naatz1naatz1 Posts: 187
    2004 300M bought new Mar 04. I had the check engine light come on about a day or so after filling with gas, it would go away after a few engine on/off cycles AFTER tightening the GAS CAP. So I was sure it was the "gas cap thing", but the dealer insisted they needed to check it out. Sure enough, it was a bad (intermittent?) cam sensor problem & they replaced the sensor, totally coincidental about the gas cap even though it did that 3 times. Both my wife and I had it lurch/stumble once each so I was suspicious something worse was amiss, I guess the dealer had the correct hunch on this one. First real fail in 30 months & 29,000 miles since new, if I go another 30 mons w/o anything I will feel just fine! The only thing I am watching is the engine started using just under a quart of oil in 3000 mile oil changes, not sure if anyone else has experienced this minor oil usage or especially if it gets worse with age.
  • have the input and output speed sensors changed in the tran.
    My '02 Special burns a good bit of oil between oil changes. It burned 1qt between 3K mile changes and even more now that I'm on 5K mile changes. I use full synthetic. I have no clue where the oil goes because the car doesn't smoke and the oil is in relatively good shape when I check it. It's still a good shade of brown and there is no fuel odor to it. :confuse:

I did 7500 mile intervals twice, but had to drop back down to 5K miles because it was burning almost all the oil at 7500 miles. The dealer says it's normal to burn a quart in 3K miles. Whatever. :sick:
  • That's really fairly normal, a quart in 3,000 miles, I wouldn't worry about it unless it got worse and quickly. Just keep an eye on it. If it stays at 1 qt @ 3,000 miles for the next 10,000 miles, then forget about it, you're fine. But if you find the oil consumption keeps going up and up and up, then I'd be more apt to worry, If it hits a quart at 1,500 miles, I would have a cylinder leakdown test done immediately.
  • naatz1naatz1 Posts: 187
    Thanks to both you and tayl0rd as well, I have seen you on this site for some time. That makes me feel a bit better, so I will obviously watch it. What was strange is it did not burn hardly any oil but just started at around 20K miles this spring (we took a 3K mile trip out east so at first I attributed it to long days of hi speed driving but it's still doing it). My 01 Grand Cherokee with ancient 4L I6 burns zero oil at 75K miles. However I had a 94 Pontiac that started burning around 36K when going out of the General's limited warranty of those days and eventually gave out with only 110K miles (was value guide oil seals and would cost as much to fix as car was worth since it had other problems too). So I am a bit paranoid but I do have the 7/70 on the 300M, still considering if I want to add one of the extended warranties but hard to justify yet with stellar quality so far! Thanks again.
  • Perhaps for your own protection just mention the oil consumption so that they at least put it on your service order...that way you have a record of having made this complaint...
  • Manual says security system is disarmed when the fob or key is used; this suggestion did not work. Anyone know about arming the security system?
  • btgpbtgp Posts: 2
    We had our engine light come on and discovered (when went to dealer, still have warranty) that they said we had carbon in our fuel line and so the light came on. We thougth they were full of [non-permissible content removed] and thought how does carbon get in the fuel line?? Well 8 mths later, came on again. Same explanation for dealer/service and then it occured to me that my husband had fueled the car up with it still running. Also before! That solved our dilemma, turn the car off!! If you followed our stupidity, then there is your problem. Hope this helps someone!!
    Ok. Sit in the car, use the key fob to lock the doors (arming the system), then open a door from inside the car. The alarm should sound.
  • lost power to front passenger window and mirror, started with window not rolling down. replaced motor and switches same problem but window has no power up now. HELP
    Sounds like Body Control Module might be on the way out, or a bad relay or ground.
  • were are the relays and module located
    The relays are under the hood in the fuse box. I believe the BCM is located behind the passenger kick panel.
  • My 2001 recently started stalling when I stop quickly from highway speed, say for a stop light. It just dies. I can put it in neutral and start it again and go. It's intermittent and doesn't do it if I gradually decelerate. Any ideas?....Mike
    I believe it was said that is a symptom of a bad crank sensor. Do a search for "crank sensor."
  • My 2001 stalls when quickly decelerating from highway speeds like when I have to stop for an intersection. It doesn't do it if I gradually slow down, and it's intermittent. Is that similar to what yours was doing?....Mike
  • I have two in the same spot.
This discussion has been closed.