Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Honda Odyssey Audio, iPod, Bluetooth, Video Questions

Comments

• dulnevdulnev Posts: 652
    FM modulators produce very good sounds and they don't require your kids to do anything. We've had two overhead systems with FM modulators - Audiovox and Sony. On both there would be a button on the remote to turn the FM modulator on/off. On Audiovox the default was Off, which was a pain in the neck to click that button every time. On Sony the default is On, which is what you'd normally want.

The modulator is set by installer or manufacturer to a particular FM frequency, say 87.9. All you do is just tune your stereo to this frequency and you get the sound. Easy!

The only time you'd want to turn off the modulator is if there's a good FM radio station in your area that shares the frequency with the modulator. When you want to listen to this station, just turn the modulator off using the remote control.
  • I just purchased a 2005 EX and was told if someone other than Honda installed and aftermarket DVD it would void the warranty on the entire electrical system, anyone know if there is any truth to that?
  • dlldll Posts: 1
    Does anyone know how to connect a portable DVD player sound to the aux button on the Odyssey? I used to plug into the headphone Jack from a cassette tape adapter, but my new Odyssey only has a CD player.
    No, there is absolutely no truth to that!!! The dealership was simply trying to make extra profit on you by pushing their installation. I've asked honest dealers and was told time and time again that warranty is not voided by installation of after-market products. Now, if the install causes a malfunction and Honda dealer can prove that it's the cause, this malfunction will not be fixed by warranty.
    There's a proprietary connector for the AUX input behind the stereo (not easily accessible without disassembling the dash). There are adapters sold to convert this connector to a usual RCA-style connector. Scroll up in this group to find part number and links to buy it. The cost is between $50 and $80 depending on the manufacturer and store.
  • honda4drvhonda4drv Posts: 1
    Did you problem got resolved. What was a resolution for this problem? I am also having same issue now. cd plays for 3-4 minute. once it is warm it gives E 00 error. :cry:
  • lapvnlapvn Posts: 455
    I have searched through the forums and didn’t find anything similar to my problem, so hopefully I am not repeating this topic.

Anyway, I have the 2003 EXL-RES, there seems to be a problem with the wireless headset where signal is lost for a few seconds. My kids start tapping the darn things and say, “Dad, theres no sound”. And by the time I get in the back to look into it, the sound is back.

Is this a weak battery? If so wouldn’t it be continuous problem instead of a problem that comes and goes.

Defective I think so and hope so.
  • bsaccobsacco Posts: 11
    I too live in the Sacto area and was wondering what you paid for your entire Fry's aftermarket install.
  • kcgurukcguru Posts: 1
    Looking into purchasing a 2000 Ody w/ the entertainment system. I think it was factory installed. Innovatek TM-700D roof mounted w/ under passenger front changer.

Problem is that no sound. can not find audio output jacks for headphones. Has 2 input jacks. The other problem is the screen shows everything backwards. Instead of letters/words reading left to right they read right to left.

Any ideas / the company website from Innovatek only shows madels and nothing else.
    Horrible for a 2005 audio/video company. I guess it is good enough for a Canadian company

Help
  • ppnraoppnrao Posts: 3
    Recently bought a Concept P-1200 combo(DVD Player + 12" Monitor) for my 2001 Odyssey and got it fixed yesterday by paying decent amount from a local mechanic. Unfortunately while driving back to my home I found that the LCD Monitor completely (almost) BLOCKING REAR VIEW. Guys, can you suggest me any alternative for my problem. I have been searching for any solution on the net for the last two days. No help......
    Why do they manufacture these monster combo players? Is it the problem with me or anyone else facing the similar problem? My kid really liked the monitor and doesn't want to come out of the van? Please throw your suggestions before I decide to return the player.
    Suggest me if I use the wrong forum....
  • fibber2fibber2 Mid Hudson Valley, NYPosts: 3,729
    I have been looking at units like the Kawasaki PVS1965s from Target. Dual 6.5-7.0" screens that you attach to the front seat headrests. The head can play one DVD for both screens, or accept an aux input to one or both. There is another unit (1970s ???) that has two DVD drives. Price is reasonable - $299 / $399 depending on how many drives. It comes with car and AC adaptors, so I guess if you got a second set of cables (I would consider snaking the cables into the seat cushions to make it a semi-permanent installation), you could take the essentials into a hotel room when traveling.

I also saw a web site that sold modified headrests with the screens permanently recessed within, but they were very pricy. I am looking for an alternative to the ceiling mounted versions, in part because of the comments about rear view mirror blocking.

Steve
    It's not as big a deal as you make it sound. Just use your side mirrors just like hundreds of thousands of truck and full-size van drivers do!
  • ppnraoppnrao Posts: 3
    It may not sound like a big deal. I have been used to see the rear view since I learned driving. Your side mirrors covers only certain view. Are there special side mirrors that can cover more viewing area?
  • yahelyahel Posts: 1
    I dropped a sharp object on my radio/cd in my 2003 Odyssey EX-NAV and broke the dispaly.

The dealer wants $500 to replace. does anybody have a better solution? Where can I get an original Honda unit? Can I replace them myself?
    HELP!

:sick:
  • maulanamaulana Posts: 55
    We just purchased a 2005 Honda odyssey EX-L with RES. We got a pretty thorough talk about the car from the salesman after the sale, but we are having a minor issue that I saw has come up on these boards before, and I was wondering if you have any suggestions on how to fix it or where to go to get help:

The car comes with a rear entertainment system, and wireless headphones. The headphones work well for radio and CD, but do not play the DVD player. Do you have any ideas? I would really appreciate any and all help.
  • tyson2tyson2 Posts: 1
    I have a older Honda Odyssey that gave me the same problem, and eventually stopped playing. The dealer wanted $500 to replace it and said the E00 was an internal error. Searched the internet and found one that looked identical to it, got a serial number from the Honda Dealer, it matched and bought it for $100 off Ebay. Also found instructions to install myself. Was not hard at all. Had no problems since. I think the radio came from a Civic that had been totalled. Also sold the "broken" radio on Ebay with info about the error message. I guess someone knew how to fix it. Good luck!
  • jessica5jessica5 Posts: 5
    I apologize for not getting back to you. I don't log on on a regular basis...Anyways, At first we paid a lil over $2000, but after the install, they didn't use all the materials, so I was credited and paid a lil over $1700 in the end. I felt we got a pretty good deal, installation was excellent and we are very happy w/ our system!
    I'm thinking by now, you've gotten yours. Hope you had a good experience as well.
  • Hi folks,

Just got an '05 Ody Touring (with 90 days free XM).

I want to plug my iPod into the AUX port. But the dealer says I cannot use the AUX if XM is enabled.

Anyone know if this is true or not? If it is, is there any way to have BOTH XM and my iPod working?

Many thanks.

freewill
  • mich_chowmich_chow Posts: 57
    Hello all. I am shopping for a Honda Odyssey and have one of two options. One is to get an EX-L and install an aftermarket RES. Or, to get an EX-L RES (factory installed). What are the pros and cons of getting an EX-L and have the RES installed later? A specific question that I have would be is 9" screen too small? I know that this is what comes with factory installad RES. Ofcourse, the other resason would probably be that aftermarket RES is cheaper than factory installed prices, right? Thanks in advance for your thoughts. :)
  • sjvsjv Posts: 14
    Just purchased 2005 Ody EX-L last week and had the dealer add the XM package to the XM ready radio. The antenna was placed on the inside upper right corner of the windshield. I questioned this as the XM Radio Activation page on the internet says "If your antenna was professionally installed inside the car, you will have mutes and other reception problems. Please return to your installer and have them place the antenna on the outside of the car. You should not be charged for this service." I gave the dealer a copy of this document from the XM website.

The dealer provided my with a copy of Publication # All 27373, Installation Instructions, XM Radio System. The Honda instructions, in 9 pages of great detail, show that the antenna should be installed exactly where it is, inside the windshield?

The dealer has agreed to install any XM antenna I bring them on the rear center roof. I have experienced some infrequent drop-outs or mutes with "no signal" momentarily displayed on the radio.

1. Can I expect noticably better performance with the antenna moved from the inside of the w/s to the rear/center of the roof?

2. Will any current antenna product connector (Terk, etc.) fit the Odyssey connector on the "splitter"? :confuse:

3. What is the absolute best XM antenna on the market?

Thanks for all feedback. :)