Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Jaguar X-Type

Comments

• I sent Host Pat an email as he said "if you have any comments email me" a few weeks ago after he squelched a discussion. It pointed out that IMO he was over playing his Host role and censoring posts he didn't like. He did not have the courtesy to even answer me. Nobody posted on the board for several days after his post. Nuff said.
  • cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Forest Lakes, AZPosts: 3,206
    Is Pat male?

I don't think so.

I could be wrong.
  • I remember the Edmunds Rep that was at LS Mania one. Very personable young lady whose card I still have. In fact, I remember you were at the same table with us at lunch and I asked you the origin of your board handle which I've now forgotten. I think Pat is a male. Will we ever know?
  • cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Forest Lakes, AZPosts: 3,206
    I remember the time you're talking about, and there's no doubt the Pat we met then was female.

Still, in the present context, food for thought.
  • patpat Posts: 10,421
    Funny, I thought the topic was Jaguar X-Type, not "Let's talk about Pat the host."

:-)

Jagone, I understand your point, but as a member of our Town Hall YOU must understand that your messages are required to be civil and respectful. If you have any questions about our community rules, please review the terms to which you agreed when joining our community by following the "Member Agreement" link on the left sidebar of this page.

The post which you attacked was clear in its intent - aside from the spelling errors - and the attack you launched was way outside of the terms of that Membership Agreement.

If you wish to discuss this further, please email me. This is way off topic and inappropriate here. So let's take this off-line if we need to discuss this further.

To the rest of you, I have never been to an LS Mania event, and frankly the Saturday Night Live references are very old and tired. Somehow I seem to attract those references nearly everywhere I go, and I assure you, I am NOT that Pat.

:-)
    desertguy, I cannot find any email from you except for one asking about cookies (to which I replied).

If you want to resend it, I'll be happy to address your concerns.
  • I advise that everyone contact Edmunds by E-mail or post and have this tyrant removed! I believe this individual is just a smarta$$ on some sort of power trip!
  • Please don't try and cause any trouble. Pat has always been a very fair and more than understanding host, and I enjoy having Pat watch over this area. If you have any problems, you can e-mail Pat and work them out directly. Pat's really a great host and has never acted anywhere near tyrannical. Now let's get back on the proper subject again - and this message is not an attempt to make a personal attack so please do not take offense from it. I just totally disagree with you on this one.

Pat - I wouldn't want any other host here!
    The governing "by laws" if you will of the Town Hall are all documented in the Membership Agreement which you will find linked on the left side of this page. By virtue of your membership here, you have all agreed to abided by the terms of that agreement.

It is my role to make sure that those terms are upheld.

It is not appropriate to use this discussion to debate the policies of the Town Hall, the Membership Agreement, topic management issues or my actions.

If you want to address your concerns to our Interim Community Manager, you may email her at sylvia@edmunds.com.

And as I've said many times, I welcome your emails and I am happy to address your concerns in that manner.

This is the final word on this. Further posts continuing about these issues will be removed with no notice.

Thank you for your understanding and your cooperation.

Pat
    Sedans Host
    Is there anyone here who would like to discuss the X-Type?

:)
  • rea98drea98d Posts: 982
    In the hopes of getting the discussion back on track....

I saw an X-Type at the mall a month or so ago, and as far as styling goes, Jaguar hit the nail on the head. The only other ones I've seen have been moving, and I couldn't get a good look at it, but seeing the X-Type in person reminded me why I fell in love with Jaguars to begin with. The headlights look a bit "squashed" but it does not ruin the effect of the front end. And the dark red metallic paint on the one I saw was gorgeous. Now if I could only talk my boss into tripling my salary so I could buy one ;-)
  • I figure these four near luxury sport compacts are right about equal in Quality, Price, Interior comfort Appointment and Reliability. But I have to give the BMW 330ci the edge in the Performance category!
  • Yes, the darn thing is a whole 0.2 second faster than the X-TYPE according to Car&Driver. But according to Road&Track, the X-TYPE is "matching the BMW 330i's time" in the acceleration category. I like the Jag's styling much better though, especially with the styling turn BMW has taken. The 3 is already looking a bit 7-ish to me, which is sad really. However, the X-TYPE looks a whole lot like that beautiful new XJ Series. I've got my eye on one of those now, but I love my X-TYPE all the same and won't ever give it up for anything. I think I'll keep it until I'm nearly 90-something, and it will be a "classic Jag", and I'll only drive it on weekends as a specialty car and I'll commute in my new XJ-whatever it will be by then.

Cheers,
    jagboyxtype
  • Put a coat of Meguires Gold Class on my carnival red baby yesterday and boy does it shine! Nothing, not even black, looks as good as this color with a new coat of polish/wax. Next project is the leather. Now at 8159 miles and 9 months with no,0, none, nada problems.(Hope that doesn't jinx me.)
  • Still rather have a BMW 330ci because performance is not only based on or a measure of speed! Must admit though a Jaguar 3.0 X-Type would be a very close second choice on my shopping list. Now that I've seen photo's of the new Jaguar XJ-Series. I much rather have a BMW 745L, Jaguar doesn't even come close to the 745's interior, that has to be the finest luxury interior in the entire universe!!!

P.S. I know you'll blast this post right out of the water. But then again that seems to be the reason you post here. For me I love all cars, Sport cars, Everyday sedans, Luxury sedans, Minivans, Pick-up trucks and SUV's. Guess you could say I'm not narrow minded when it come to motor vehicles. If you know what I mean!!!
  • I must agree with you on the Gold Class. Slapped some on my 1998 Toredor Red Jaguar X-Type 2.5 the other day. Came away looking just marvelous! I believe it is spelled Maguires, but I'm not quite sure? Just hope it'll last through the winter, because durability is a big ? when it comes to Maguires Waxe's. Otherwise seems to be an above average product.

CHEER'S
    Jagone.
  • akirbyakirby Posts: 7,622
    Wow - that must have been a pre-pre-pre-production prototype.
  • How about we are both wrong! It is Meguiars. You had the A in the wrong place. I didn't have any A in the word at all. Oh well, it works!
  • The LS board has really "matured" from the old days huh. Now it's trunk hinges and cupholders! And BTW, I hated the hinges, they were always crushing my groceries etc. Loved my disappearing cup holder which was the original one. As one of the engineers said at Mania 1, it was trick.
  • YEAH! I got it in September 1998 during year end close out at my local Ford dealership. $16,400 out the door included a $1,000 rebate plus they threw in 0.9% financing for 48 months. Just made the last payment a week ago, that little X-Type honey is now mine lock stock and leaper! Guess they're right when they say it pays to shop early when it comes to Jaguars!!!