Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Jaguar X-Type

Comments

• This should get a chuckle: Sent to me by a friend.

As a former teacher of English, this, to me, is amazing...

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at an Elingsh uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in
    waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht
    the frist and lsat ltteer is at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses
    and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed
    ervey lteter by it slef but the wrod as a wlohe.
    ceehiro
  • patpat Posts: 10,421
    LOL! I can't say I read it totally wouthit porbelm but that is amazing, indeed. :)
  • I think the 04 with the sport package is a great deal. For $2500 more you get .
    But are they going to make a 250 hp with a 6sp at any time soon? I want the best one I can get. Should I wait to see if the changes will happen?
    X2 Sport Package :
    • Body Colored Front Surround Grille .
    • Body Colored Bumper Blades .
    • Body Colored Trunk Lid Mounted Spoiler .
    • Black Side Window Surrounds .
    • Wheels: 18 in. x 7.5 in. Forged Alloy (Aruba) .
    • Tires: 225/40ZR18 Pirelli PZero (Nero)
    Low Profile tires with 225mm width, 18.0" rim .
    • Sport Tuned Suspension .
    • Dynamic Stability Control .
    • Xenon Headlamps w/Automatic Leveling .
    • Front Sports Style Seats .
    • Perforated Leather Seat Trim .
    • Leather Trimmed Steering Wheel .
    • Alpine Premium Sound System w/Single CD w/XY & XZ.
    • Includes body colored trunk lid plinth..
  • cjs2002cjs2002 Posts: 341
    question... is it better to get a 2.5 with the auto, sunroof, power mem. seat package or is it better to just get a base 3.0 X... which is cheaper?
  • According to the brochure, you can't get the 2.5 with the power memory seat package. The only options available on the 2.5 are auto, moonroof/fold seat, and heated seats.

The 3.0 is only $3,000 more and includes auto and the moonroof/fold seat. It would appear that the price is very close and you may as well get the bigger engine.
  • s852s852 Posts: 1,051
    Is the 250HP version with the six-speed automatic transmission supposed to be the new standard 3.0 engine or will that be a higher-priced option or a "sport model?"
  • mmm17mmm17 Posts: 31
    I went to my local Boston area Jaguar dealership to look at the new 2004 X-Type but I was told by the dealership that the 2004 isn't out yet and they didn't have any information/details on the car. I was supprised because I thought some people have posted that they purchased an '04 X-Type. I was thinking that the dealer was trying to sell off the '03's because the 04 has more standard equipment at a lower price. Any one have thoughts on this?
  • The jaguar.com site has the 2004 X-Type prices. There is no mention of a 6 speed. It could come later in the model year or not at all.
  • kssodkssod Posts: 37
    I've specked out a 04 replacement for my 02 and the price is about 5k less than what my current car stickered for. (02 3.0 sport with premium, xenons alpine and winter package) the only thing the 04 lacks is the headlight washers. JAG has discontinued my current adriatic blue which I have gotten an amazing number of compliments on, and is not offering the sport with the new radiance red (metallic). Does anyone know if there is a custom paint order available? The value of the 3.0 is great compared to the past. The interior has been upgraded with wood on the doors and chrome on the speakers which was lacking on the 02 and 03 sport. I do not know if there are memory seats , this would certainly be nice, and I haven't seen anything on the Jag website discussing the custom interior materials. Does anyone know when the second production run starts? This would be when I'd expect the 250hp and 6 speed to be offered. I'd expect the 6 speed auto would equal my current manual in accel. times.
    When the 250 HP version comes, will all 3.0 motors have that standard from that point on or will it be only on the Sport model?
    Since V6 Nissan Altimas and Accords now have 240HP, I hope it is standard and not just on the Sport model.
    For those of you who plan to keep the car past the included factory warranty coverage, what have the dealers been charging for 6 or 7 year Jaguar factory extended warranties with full bumper to bumper coverage (like factory warranty) and no deductible for 100,000 miles?
    Is there a web site with listings of all the available Jaguar extended warranty coverage details?
  • mmm17mmm17 Posts: 31
    MY wife & I test drove the 2004 jaguar X-Type, the local dealer had one in stock. There are no memory seats available :( but there are 2 front seat cup holders now:) I really liked the car HOWEVER my wife preferred the new 2004 Acura TL so we put a deposit on the new TL. Too bad, I was really looking forward to that all wheel drive.
    I haven't seen or driven a 3.0 X type but I was just talking to my sales person and they informed me that the 04 are out or will be at the dealor soon and the've been lowered in base price... I'm rather intrigued by this. I'm truely debating between the X and the G35 now.... anyways a little of subject , but do ya'll think that Jaguar will ever make a cross over sport ut... I think it'd be great but highly doubt I could afford it...
  • jonty12jonty12 Posts: 101
    http://www.highresautoimages.com/jaguar/rd6.html

this was a concept at this year's frankfurt autoshow. it won't make it to showrooms in this form, but may "inspire" future models.

as for the 04's, yes, they're arriving at dealers (saw one last week). There is a $3K+ price drop, with $2K+ additional standard equipment.
    well thats rather interesting... but I don't think it'll come out anytime soon... actually I'm rather excited about getting a car and the closer I get the more I love the look, feal, prestiece that comes with owning a Jag. I'm just trying to decide if the power of the G is worth it (plus I can get it for a bit cheaper as well with the same options)
  • mjc440mjc440 Posts: 76
    I saw a posting in the Subara / Legacy website which stated that the G35 AWD was only active below? 19 mph - above that it was RWD.

If this is true, then it would seem that the Jag's full-time system is better.
  • ivyfchuivyfchu Posts: 21
    I currently own a FX35 and I just test drove a G35 and I have to say I am disappointed with the G. First the G does not feel as fast as advertised. Second, the interior is very cheesy. I am glad that I bought the FX instead of the G. I also thought about the Jag X type before buying the FX. The only thing I don't like about the Jag is the price and the rear room. Now that they lower the price for the Jag and if rear room is not a problem for you, I recommend you to go with the Jag.
    thanks... rear room isn't my biggest worrie but the G does have more get up and go than the X, and since I can't drive manual I really can't judge it from that aspect. actually I like the FX35 but can't afford the payments on it so its just sortta one of those hey wow look at that... anyways I'm getting closer to my decision and MB C class is begining to look like a better compeditor to the X than the G. I just feel cramped when I sit inside the C230 sedan. to make it short I've changed the line up again :) so I'm getting more excited about going with my father to make the final decision... any input I'd love to hear it....
  • msinghvmsinghv Posts: 17
    My mother is seriously considering an I35 (she likes the style, conservative driving feel and value - esp considering the current incentives and good deals to be had - can proabably land the car for about $26 to $27K). However, I just noticed that Jag currently has a $7500 manuf to dealer incentive on the X-type 3.0 until the end of this month. This puts it at about $29 to $30K with the options we want.

I think the X-type may be a great car, but I'm concerned about reliability and resale value. I'll go back and read the previousposts on reliability, but which car would you choose? Also, why such a huge incentive? Are they not selling well? If they're not, why not, they seem to be a great car.

Thanks for any help.
  • jonty12jonty12 Posts: 101
    the incentives are on 03's. the 04's are arriving, and the msrp is $3K+ lower than the 03's with $2K+ extra standard equipment. that alone adds up to about $5K of the incentive. combine that with the desire to rid their lots of 03's to make room for the 04's and you have your $7500 incentive.