Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Pathfinder Maintenance and Repair

Comments

• I have found nissancourtesparts from ricardson texas. Anyone know any place cheaper.
    Thanks
    Khurram
  • It was under the original warranty when it was maybe a year old.
  • Same problem on a recently purchased 97 Pathfinder. Replaced the thermostat and fan clutch and same results. Did you ever resolve yours??? Thx- Mark V
  • Hi Chris.. Same problem with my recently purchased 97 PF. I replaced the thermostat and fan clutch also. Did you ever resolve your problem?? Thx- Mark
  • gsemikegsemike Long Island, NYPosts: 1,743
    I need to change the license plate bulb on my Pathfinder. Can anyone tell me how to get to it?
  • My front passenger side keeps getting wet. The carpet and carpeted floor mat are all wet. The underside of the rubber floor mat is all wet too. The dealer looked at it last Friday 9/7. They said it was a kinked AC drain hose. They fixed the kink and dried it out. However, today when I checked, it was all wet again. I bought this car new last Feb07. It's still under warranty. Has anyone else had this problem. Is it leaking somewhere else besides the AC?
  • My '02 pf had the check engine light came on and the error codes were PO420 and PO430. We had the 2 rear catalytic converters welded to see if this would solve the problem. We drove 50 miles after the repair was done and the check engine light came back on again with the same error codes. The mechanic recommends replacing the front catalytic converters (approx $900 each). The dealer diagnosed this problem 2 years ago and suggested we replace the header pipes or do a patch (temporary fix). We did the patch and now the problem is back. Has anyone had this problem before? Thanks.
  • newronewro Posts: 19
    I have a '06 pathfinder with app. 28k miles. This truck has been a bit of a disappointment so far. I had Isuzus for a dozen years previous, best quality ever, too bad they left the US marketplace.
    My pathfinder has developed an incredible vibration when braking from say highway speeed to 30 or so, evident there though not as pronounced. My guess is warped rotors. I called for service yesterday and found that rotors were only warranteed for 18k miles. Mine were ok then. Does anyone know if this is true? I had a 2000 Acura with warped rotors and they were replaced FREE at 44k miles. Is Nissan really this much of a mickey mouse car maker? I was at the dealership yesterday testing a new maxima, after this episode, went down the street and signed on for another acura tl. Thanks for the input
  • You mentioned you also warped the rotors on your Acura. Is Are you hard on your brakes? You can warp the rotors on any car or light truck by overheating the brakes, although clearly some models are more prone to this than others. Regarding the warranty, check your warranty book. I think you will find that your dealer is incorrect, and that the rotors are warranteed for 3 years/36K miles. As for Acura replacing the rotors free at 44K miles, ins't that because your Acura was warranteed for 4 year/50k miles?
  • I have been having a problem with my 2005 pathfinder. When I reverse the truck slows up and I have to go all the way down on the gas to get it to continue reversing. When I turn the wheel I hear clunking noises and the car seems like it is going to stall. I took it to the dealership and they said they fixed it. The next day it worked for a while then started doing the same thing again. The noise is so pronounced that people in the street are looking at me. I have to take the car back to the shop. Does anyone know what this problem is? I think the dealership is giving me the run around.
  • the thunking noise over bumps was due to the undercarriage spare wheel bracket which had moved over the differential.
  • My nissan pathfinder 2001 has 63,000.

How necessary is it to change the differntial oil-I do not know if I have lsd, any way I can find out.
    Change the coolant, it looks clean
    change the auto transmission fluid.
    change the fuel filter.

Have changed the air and micro cabin filter, got the visual inspection done.

thanks for your help.
    Khurram
  • I have the same year Pathfinder. If your truck is equipped with an LSD, there should be an orange tag on your rear differential that says "Use only LSD oil". Also, when both rear wheels are off the ground if they spin in the same direction you have an LSD. If they spin in the opposite direction, you have an "open" rear differential. If you have an LSD, Nissan's maintenance schedule calls for the gear oil to be changed every 30k miles. If not, Nissan doesn't call for the gear oil to be changed, but given the minimal expense it would not be a bad idea after 6 years and 63K miles.
  • Hello
    Thanks for replying back so fast

yes, found the orange sticker. It was dirty, could barely read it. Took if off, cleaned it and saw it says use lsd only.

have you changed the coolant, fuel filter, auto transmission oil.

THanks
    Khurram
  • Yes, I've had my mechanic do all the maintenance per Nissan's recomendations. One additional item I would recommend is doing a complete transmission fluid replacement, rather than just a drain and refill. A drain and refill won't replace the trans fluid in your torque converter. Cost is $100-150 at garages and trans shops that have the equipment to do it. Especially given the cost of a trans rebuild, it seems silly to only change part of the fluid, and oxidized trans fluid is the #1 cause of transmission failures.
  • thanks very much
    will look into that
    khurram
  • My 01 with 1008K miles is showing a P0171 (fuel system lean bank 1)code. I'm guessing it is an O2 sensor but it doesn't seem to be getting worse gas millage. It runs a little rough at startup but fine after 30 seconds. Any good ideas on how to fix this? If it is an 02 sensor, which one? Thanks.
  • gsemikegsemike Long Island, NYPosts: 1,743
    I just got a 97 Pathfinder XE with the factory Bose stereo. Can anyone tell me how to set the clock?
  • Where is the PCV valve in my '01 PF located?
  • I had problems with my check engine light coming on. They found nothing wrong with it. It eventually went off and came on again then off. It has been off for almost a year now. I had an exhaust leak and went to the muffler shop. They told me the cat converter was bad and under warranty. So I took it to the dealer and paid them to run the tests on it and they found it was in the exhaust not in the converter. No warranty. They said that Nissan reported the same problem but not enough to make a recall so they(Nissan, not the dealer) made a repair kit that cost me $150 plus labor to install. (Even though it was a Nissan defect, I had to pay for it).

Now my pf is at the dealer because the engine started making a very loud knocking sound. They don't know what it is but said that it is major. I bought it new 5 years ago and have faithfully kept up on the oil changes.
    Good luck with yours. I hope the info helps you.