Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Pathfinder Maintenance and Repair

Comments

• shark715shark715 Posts: 380
    I had the same problem with my '01 PF, and after several months the problem went away as mysteriously as it started. One thing to definitely check would be the sunroof drain, assuming your truck has a sunroof.
  • HI, I have a 87 pathy V6 manual, and i have been having way too many problems with the secondary injection system, it idles fine, but when you drive it, it feels like it is being held back. I have replaced all of the rubber tubes because they have blown, and I have changed the filter. What am i missing? Is there a typical problem with this system? Can I cut off the system and change the cat? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
  • 05path05path Posts: 2
    Ok, I have the rattling noise solution!!
    There are clips in the door panels that get loose
    Solution: Have a tech silicone all the clips to stop the noise.
    Let me know when your rattle is gone :)
  • My 1995 Pathfinder, NH resident, will not pass inspection because of its rusted frame. We asked several mechanics about possible solutions and no one wants to go near it! So, how can we get the most out of this situation, money-wise: donate it (we have the title) and hope to get a fair market value for tax time or sell it for parts? The PF looks great on the inside and out, we were shocked when we were told that it is uninspectable. Please advise!
  • I am unable to open the lift gate on my 01' Pathfinder. The window is operating properly but he lift gate is reacting as if the lock mechanism is not unlocking. I do not hear the door unlocking. Is there any way to manually unlock or open the door?
  • replace the pcv valve.
  • I would love to have these instructions on the re-wiring of fog lights, been wanting to do for a while, but had some earlier problems w/ fog light relay and was afraid to mess w/ b/c they're working now. But send instructions if you don't mind, Thanks!
  • mx5manmx5man Posts: 4
    On a 98 pathfinder the check engine light checked out with the scanner P1444 (purge volume control valve). What would be my best bet to fix the problem?
  • I ran into the same problem with my 94 pathfinder XE, I brought it into my mechanic and he said it was a ignition wiring problem. Didn't have any relationship with the alarm or deactivating the alarm. So check that out it might be the solution.
  • xplorx4xplorx4 Posts: 621
    The purge volume control valve is shown in the photo below. It's the device attached to the end of the hose that's circled.

The first thing you should do is remove the purge volume control valve and disassemble it to see if it's clogged. If it's not, then it's very likely that the electrical parts of the valve have failed, and it should be replaced. If it is clogged, then that means that your EVAP canister has disintegrated and its contents have been sucked through the EVAP lines. This is not a good situation, and unless you're handy with tools and have an air compressor, it can be a very costly to fix. Post back with your findings if you want more info about how to repair the EVAP system.
  • mx5manmx5man Posts: 4
    Could the purge volume control valve be located in a different spot because it doesn't look like the picture and couldn't find a valve that resembled the one in your picture. I appreciate all your help thanks.
  • I have an '04 Pathfinder LE and sometimes (usually triggered by driving over a bump or sudden acceleration/braking) I hear a fairly loud noise (it's like a sharp click) coming from the front passenger area. I can't tell exactly where it's coming from but it sounds like the passenger seat is somehow binding in the track and then releasing and making the click noise. Has anyone heard of something like this? I tried greasing all the moving parts under the seat with no luck. Any help would be appreciated, it's driving me nuts... :mad:
  • xplorx4xplorx4 Posts: 621
    Hmmm, I'm not sure where the purge volume control valve is located on the '98. (The photo is from a '97.)

On the underside of the hood there should be a sticker that shows the vacuum line routing diagram. Look for the vacuum lines for the EVAP system. (The purge volume control valve controls the amount of vacuum, ie. "air volume" applied to the EVAP system to "purge" the EVAP canister of fuel vapor.) Hopefully the vacuum line attached to the intake manifold (circled in above pic) is the same on the '98, and you'll be able to follow the diagram well enough to locate the valve.
  • recovered stolen pathfinder 92 by toms92 Nov 02, 2005 (8:07 am)
    Bookmark | Reply | Edit | Delete | E-mail Msg
    The thief also took the ignition disconnect device. Dealership wants 800 to replace, is there a way to by pass. Everything electrical works except getting the starter to engage. The device I thought was standard, any help would be appreciated. Due to the body damage that occured while stolen, the above cost in addittion to the 978.00 paid for towing and storage,(recovered while out of town) has me searching for the most inexpensive alternative.
  • Thank you so much for your help, but they are going to take it to the dealership to make sure because the valve is over $200.00 and I want them to be sure of the problem. Thanks again.
  • sase2sase2 Posts: 1
    I just purchased my 2005 Pathfinder. It was handling fine but for some reason after I put air in the tires, especially the rear ones, when I drive over a bump the back of the truck just dances all over the road. I need to find out the reason for that. Has anybody else had that problem? :confuse:
  • I have to remove the 10amp fuse to have the stop lights off
    Any ideas?
  • pathstar1pathstar1 Posts: 1,015
    How much air did you put in the tires? If you filled them to the "Max. pressure" indicated on the tire, that's your problem. Use the pressure on the sticker on the inside door post. You can add a few pounds to the pressures on that sticker.
  • Can anybody figure this out ??? Cracked the passenger side manifold on my 97'3.3 ltr Pathfinder. Went to a salvage yard, found one, checked the vin on the doner truck, confirmed it was also a 97' 3.3 liter. But, of course..... its not exactly the same. Mine is an early 97, don't know if the doner truck is early or late or whatever.... would that make a difference??????
  • has anyone found a source for aftermarket exhaust parts for this an 01 pathfinder, i need to replace mine without taking out a second mortgage.
    any help would be greatly appreciated.