Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Pathfinder Maintenance and Repair

Comments

• Has anyone experienced rattling in their 2005 Pathfinder. I think I've identified the rear rattles as having to do with the seat belts. And the one in the front is definitely the plastic piece around the driver door opener handle. Any ideas on how to remedy these? I love my Pathfinder but these rattles are driving me nuts! Thanks in advance.
  • If you want to remove the factory 6 disc then you will need a few parts to use both the factory steering wheel controls, and the power from the factory amp.

In addition to the wiring for the head unit you will need one connector for steering ($60 @ crutchfield), and one connector for the factory amp ($40 @ crutchfield) (prices may be off a bit)

As far as ease of replacement I'm sure with a little time, patience and TLC you could pop the plastic off, and find the screws the hold the assembly in the dash.

I checked into this and decided to let my unit go until I have to replace it.
  • I don't know if you figured this out yet...but here it is.

On the 02' models the climate control system is all digital readout. To get AC, just hit the Auto button...the care will automatically try to cool/heat the vehicle to the temp setting.

If you want to overide and just use manual fan settings then after you push auto just hit the fan switch up or down, and this will adjust the fan speed.

The controls take some getting used to due to the fact that sometimes 66 feels just right, other times you'll have meat falling off the bone and have to crank it down.

Also you may notice when accelerating with the heater on, you get blasted with extra hot air.
  • I've just bought a 2006 Pathfinder. Rattles are driving me crazy. They are all comming from the rear. I think some of the rattles come from the fold down seats. I've tried putting the seats both folded up, and down, but doesn't seem to help. Seat belt buckles hang next to the plastic molding so that could also be contributing, but until i can seat back there while someone else drives I'm stumped.
  • I'm so fed up with the mpg's i'm getting with my pathfinder that i might be trading it in for a B9 or Murano in the next few weeks. I never really had an issue with the mileage until recently. When I first bought the car, I was getting about 300miles to a quarter tank(mixed highway and city).. filled up about 16 gallons so thats about 18-19mpg... exactly what it should be. Recently i've been getting 180-200 miles to a quarter tank... 230miles if it's all highway.. never going beyond 70mph. That's anywhere between 12-15mpg. It's been slowly deteriorating. The car only has 30,000 miles on it and i bought it brand new. Regualr oil changes.. never had issues before.
  • xplorx4xplorx4 Posts: 621
    It may be due for a tune-up. (Replace air filter, spark plugs, etc.) Have you discussed these issues with your dealer?
  • I love my 2005 Pathfinder but it has had it share of rattles. I think I just solved one "rattle/sqeak" that has been bugging me for about 6 months--service guy tracked it down to "body bushings". If I didn't know my car was new, I would think it was about 10 years old!! Glad to know I am not the only one with this problem.
  • My 02' Goes about 230-240 miles on a full tank (all city) before the light comes on. The mileage is worse here in the winter months because they put that ethanol crap in the gas. Supposedly it burns cleaner but I think it's a gimmick to jack up the cost of fuel. My supercharged V6 cougar also gets worse mileage through the winter months using this junk. Our owner's manuals say not to use more than a certain percentage of ethanol gas.
  • bought a 2006 pathfinder se two days ago and it is already back at the dealer. the "check engine light" came on(70 miles) and it won't go above 30mph. geez.... what a way to start out as this is my first nissan!!! :( :sick: :cry:
  • "body bushings": What are these?
    What was done to fix the sqeaks? I have the same problem with my 2005 Pathfinder.
    Thanks.
  • SORRY FOR THE FALSE STARTS. 2OO2 PATHFINDER WITH 94000 MILES RUNS GREAT, NO SMOKE OR OBVIOUS OIL LEAKS. MAKES TAPPING NOISE WITH INCREASED TEMPO WITH ACCELERATION. MECH. DIAGNOSED 4 OF 6 THROTTLE PLATES THAT FELL OFF WITH ASSOCIATED SCREWS LOST IN HEADS OR PISTONS. NISSAN SAYS NO RECORDED PROBLEM HOWEVER HAVING HARD TIME BELIEVING THIS IS AN ISOLATED CASE AS THE 4 THROTTLE PLATES FELL OFF AT VARYING TIMES AND ONLY STARTED MAKING NOISE THIS PAST SUNDAY. ANY OTHER NOTED CASES? HAVE BEEN TOLD THAT ALTIMAS HAVING THIS PROBLEM WITH SEVERAL MOTORS CHANGED WHILE UNDER WARRANTY
  • I agree. I love my PF, but the interior rattles and squeaks are really disappointing. Seems like when I figure one out, another one rears its ugly head.
  • I want to replace my fuel filter for my 1995 Nissan Pathfinder SE. Is the fuel filter under the hood or in the gas tank?

I'm no mechanic but would like to replace it myself if it is not in the gas tank.

Thanks in advance.
  • It is under the hood, on the right side of the vehicle next to the relay box.
  • I too am experiencing a "chirping and vibration" sound only in cold weather. It is most noticeable when it is in gear at a stop sign or traffic light. When I shift to neutral the noise stops. How did you solve the problem? Lubricating the bushing? or replacing it? which bushing is it and what is location? I would appreciate any information you can supply. Thank you very much.
  • I have a 1995 pathfinder XE. Recently this perplexing problem with the rear suspension on my vehicle started to occur. When the vehicle hasn't been driven for a few hours, and especially when it's cold outside, I hear a clunk when I get in the driver's seat, or push down on the rear bumper. It seems to come from somewhere around the driver's side rear wheel. The suspension on this side seems to stick, until enough weight is applied onto the rear bumper to unstick the suspension and make a clunking sound, like someone tapping on the gas tank. Climbing under the truck, it sounds like its coming from around the gas tank, but that wouldn't explain why the suspension sticks. Also, once unstuck, everything is fine. No rattles, and it tracks straight on the highway. BTW, teh rear shocks are Bilsteins, which I installed back in 1999, and seems to be OK. Any ideas?
  • You may want to look at the message boards for murano and b9 before you do that.
  • kris2kris2 Posts: 22
    I have a 2001 Pathfinder 3.5 LE and on a cold start when I accelerate the transmission hesitates before shifting. The engine revs before the transmission finds the next gear. It does not occur after I drive for 5-10 mins. I have had a transmission flush but it did not help. The dealer is unable to replicate the problem because by the time I drive to the dealer the engine is warm and the problem does not occur. Probably I should leave it overnight at the dealer and let them check it in the morning. Did any of you have a similar problem? Appreciate your time.
  • smokey75smokey75 Posts: 434
    It sounds like you have the exact problem described in this TSB:
    http://www.nissanhelp.com/Ownership/Bulletins/Nissan/2001/NTB01-055.htm

I took my 2001 in for this when it was about a year old & this fixed the problem. If you're still within the 5 year 60,000 mile powertrain warranty it should be covered but I bet you're close. I would do like you said & leave it with them overnight. Print out this TSB & give it to them also. They should have it but at least that way they'll know you know about it.
  • I have a 2002 Maxima with the same problem, constant skipping. To the point that it is so frustrating that it's not worth using the CD player at all. I noticed that for me the problem seems to be worse when my car is cold. Although, it happens whether the car is hot or cold.
    What did you do to fix your problem? How much did it end up costing you?
    Christineg