Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Pathfinder Maintenance and Repair

Comments

• ridesnowridesnow Posts: 6
    i have an 01 Pathfinder and also have a transmission slip or "flare" when its cold or not warmed up. I really think nissan knows about this problem and many other problems such as ignition coil failior/mis-fire and they are not addressing the problems or admitting these problems are NOT part of regular maintanence. I also have a powersteering leak.
  • smokey75smokey75 Posts: 434
    Nissan does know about it. Read the TSB for it at www.nissanhelp.com. Your dealer will be happy to fix it... if you're still under the powertrain warranty.
  • mick9mick9 Posts: 2
    2006 pathfinder diesel auto 18000 miles dealer says needs all 4 discs and pads has anybody come across this amount of wear in such a short time
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright CaliforniaPosts: 44,416
    Seem odd to wipe out all the rotors. Wasn't your brake pad wear sensor working?

• wwkwwk Posts: 1
    Hey,
    Where did you get the polyurethane bushings? I really need to order all 8 because I'm begining to get sea sick driving to work.
    Thanks
  • mick9mick9 Posts: 2
    pads had not worn down to sensors (nearly) but the wear on the discs was unbelievable
    Sounds like low grade OEM rotors to me in that case...if they weren't warped or burned but only ground up, one would have to presume the metallurgy or the pads were not the best. I can see a race car doing this but not a Pathfinder.

You might consider shopping around, asking around and seeing if some aftermarket products might be better for your truck.

• Is there an issue with this model year moving with the brake depressed or moving quickly after the brake is released, but before gas pedal is depressed?
  • jomarchjomarch Posts: 6
    MY FUSE KEEPS BLOWING THAT CONTROLS MY INSIDE OVERHEAD LIGHTING,CLOCK,ALARM SYSTEM AND DOOR LOCKS. I HAVE TO LOCK THE DOORS MANUALLY BECAUSE EVERY TIME WE REPLACE THE FUSE...IT SEEMS TO BLOW IT SHORTLY AFTERWARDS. CAN ANYONE HELP ME BECAUSE THE MECHANICS CAN'T SEEM TOO AND I CAN NOT AFFORD TO PAY THEM BECAUSE I AM DISABLED.

SINCERELY IN NEED OF HELP AND SUGGESTIONS
  • rickdb1rickdb1 Posts: 1
    I have a 1996 Pathfinder and was wondering if it is normal for the security system to automatically lock the doors after a preset time after parking the vehicle? Seems to only do this when the keys are removed from the ignition. Is there a setting that can be changed to stop this? Afraid I'll lock the keys in the car if I forget them when parked in the garage, Etc. Thanks for any help,

Rick
  • bavmwbavmw Posts: 3
    Anyone have any suggestions on how to get to the spare tire ??

I tried reading the owner's manual and it didn't work
  • pathstar1pathstar1 Posts: 1,015
    IF it's the same as the previous model (I'm not sure it is but you can check) -
    1. Open rear hatch.
    2. Look at the bottom centre of the rear hatch opening and you should see a plastic tube going down.
    3. Find the long skinny metal rod that has a square end on it that fits a handle (that you also have to find - mine are under the rear seat and the handle was in a storage bin in a bag).
    4. Insert the rod into the plastic tube - it is used to lower the spare tire to the ground on a chain by cranking it using the handle. You have to "feel around" a bit to get it to engage but it's not difficult.

When you crank the tire back up, I recommend installing it with the valve facing down, so you can check the pressure and air it up without removing it. Of course if you do that, you will probably forget all the above when you do get a flat, as you will not have practised lowering the tire for a long time. ;)
  • jomarchjomarch Posts: 6
    NEED ANSWER ON QUESTION #1983. (2001 PATHFINDER 2X2)
    FUSE BLOWING INSIDE DOME LIGHT, DOOR LOCKS, CLOCK.............

HELP -PLEASEEEEEEEEEEE..................
  • tidestertidester Posts: 10,110
    Jo,

The problem is quite likely a short circuit somewhere in the system. You may want to try Electronic Gremlins: Electrical Problems That Are Driving You Crazy while you're waiting for a reply here.

Also, reposting your message over and over really will not get you a reply any quicker. The boards tend to be quiet on Friday nights and over the weekend.

I recommend turning off your CAPS LOCK since many people tend to ignore messages written in ALL CAPS.

tidester, host
  • pg48477pg48477 Posts: 309
    Hi all, quick question. I recently checked motor oil and noticed that the dipstick was brown from about two inches above oil level all the way down. Does any one have an idea what it can be?
    Thanks in advance for response.
  • 01pf_se01pf_se Posts: 10
    sounds like your engine has been neglected.whens the last time you changed your oil? is there any oil in there?
  • kwazeetechkwazeetech Posts: 2
    My pathfinder wont go over 35 mph and it smells like something is burning. I had it towed to the dealer but left with it because they charge ridiculous prices...they told me it could either be a clogged cat. conv. and also my manifold is cracked on both sides. Can the car even run like that? they told me it would be 1600 to fix... anyone else have manifold or cat converter problems?
    A muffler shop can test your catalytic pretty easily with a bypass pipe and a short test drive. Cracked exhaust manifolds usually make a noise on acceleration like a card stuck in a bicycle's spokes.

A clogged catalytic is dangerous to drive around with (possible undercar fire).

• kwazeetechkwazeetech Posts: 2
    Thanx Mr Shiftright... What happens if i drive (take) the car to another shop with a cracked manifold? is that a big deal? (i will probably have to replace the cat converter there)
  • pathstar1pathstar1 Posts: 1,015
    Cracked manifolds are common on the Nissan V6 engines. They usually crack around the middle (front to back). It's a small crack, and usually wouldn't result in too much noise or any further damage. As for the cat., it's 11 years old. About time to be replaced anyway. Check out muffler places - they are usually a lot less than the stealer, er dealer. I don't think you will damage it by driving - the manifold crack is probably at least a few years old. They gradually get larger but it takes a few years before they become problematic. It should be fixed eventually, as if it gets too large you can get too much exhaust gas under the hood and that can work its' way into the cab (poison). Worst case, a very bad crack (pieces fall out) can result in an engine fire. You'd be objecting to the noise before that happened however. If you're into performance, check out "headers", which are available for the 3L engine. They may be expensive to install but would probably be less to buy than manifolds from the dealer (which are also expensive to install). I'm not sure about your vehicle, but sometimes they have to unbolt the engine and lift it a bit to install exhaust manifolds or headers - hence the large cost you were quoted. Stock cats. are usually very expensive as well so the high quote is pretty normal for a dealer. I'll bet a muffler shop can sell you a new cat. for 1/3 the dealer price.