Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Pathfinder Owners: Accessories & Modifications

1111213141517»

Comments

• zozzoz Posts: 1
    I just received all season floor mats for my 2008 Pathfinder (part # 999E1-XR000). The grommet for the driver side looks like it is expecting a pole vs a hook and plus there is only one grommet where there are two hooks on the floorboard. The passenger side mat doesn't have a grommet at all.

These are marketed as genuine parts for 2005 - 2008. I can't truly verify this because there are no accessories for 2008 models on the Nissan4Parts.com website.

Does this sound inline w/ other 2007 or 2008 Pathfinder owners? Do I need to send these back and wait for the 2008 catalog? I'm going to the mountains next week and don't know if I should use these or not.

Thanks in advance.
  • Hello Every one,
    New here so please be gentle. I just got a 1996 Pathfinder SE and I am looking to replace the chrome caps on the front and back bumpers. Any help on how to replace these parts? Can anyone steer me towards a reasonable parts place or if anyone has the parts. Any help would be appreciated.
  • jb_cojb_co Posts: 2
    I purchased a performance module from XLR motorsports for my 2005 Pathfinder. I'm supposed to install it into the Intake Air Temperature sensor. I'm not a mechanic, so I need specific instructions. Much like if you were going to tell a 3rd grader how to install this part. The instructions say the IAT sensor is located on or near the air intake tube that runs to the throttle body, manifold, or nearby. Connector plug with 2 small wires going to it. If anyone can help, I would be greatly indebted! Anyone ever used this?
  • vicshicsvicshics Posts: 1
    You really bought that "resistor"? All that thing does is trick your ECU into thinking your air charge is cooler than it really is. All it will do is advance timing, which is not good without professional tuning.

Send that thing back man, it's a complete gimmick!!! :lemon:
  • jb_cojb_co Posts: 2
    Thank you, you are the second person to tell me that, and have an explanation as to why. I will be sending it back this week! Any recommendations on where to look for a quality chip that will help with gas mileage and maybe add some HP?
  • adepneradepner Posts: 1
    Hi all, 2 part question that I'm sure has been answered, just can't find:

1. For the stock wheels on my 2003 Pathfinder 16" wheels, what are the biggest M/T or A/T tires I can get without modifying the ride height? Looking for a tire good in Snow/Mud but also manageable for highway/daily driving.

2. Thinking about getting a larger rim and tires for the spring through fall. Thinking black rim with chrome accents or outer rim. Any suggestions? Would like a tire that is still good for offroad activities with it too. 18"-20" prefered.
  • Hey I just bought my Pathfinder new (SE model) but didn't see the point in spending $4,000 more for a sunroof, leather, BOSE system, nav, and bluetooth when all I wanted was the bluetooth. Anyone know of a place I can get it done aftermarket?
  • I have a 99' PF and the wheel well is rusting away from the frame. Thinking about some U shaped strut brackets. Any ideas for purchase or mod. tips.
  • lboiv001lboiv001 Posts: 1
    I'm soon to be in the market for perhaps a 2003-2004 Pathfinder LE, and I was curious if the smart chip works on this year by saving gas without any adverse effects on reliability....I will be shooting for the 3.5 V6.

Does anyone have firsthand experience with this? The forums seem to be thin on detailed or verifiable info.

Thanks in advance.
  • I removed factory rack from my 2003 SE several years ago and replaced with Yakima. I still have the rack to possibly be reinstalled when I sell the Pathfinder since it is good looking, but not very functional. I want to buy what Yakima dealer said are the four rail end caps from 1999-2004 XE or LE. Nissan parts and junk yards I have located will only sell complete rack. Any help from anyone will be appreciated.
  • steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 40,568
    Are these Nissan end caps or Yakima parts?

If they are Yak parts, sometimes you can get bits at cboats.net in the classifieds.

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• Thanks for the quick response. I need the 19991/2-2004 XE or LE Nissan rack rail end caps. Several messages in this Forum back in 2002 or 2003 mentioned this, but I only found out about the Forum and joined last week. I would be willing to trade the entire 2003 SE rack, but not the rails, for the end caps.
  • steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 40,568
    I don't think the salvage yards bother to keep up with "cheap" small parts like that so your search there may be at a dead-end.

About the only thing I can think of is eBay (everything there today looks like a complete rack or just crossbars) or put an alert on Craigslist and have every Pathfinder ad in selected cities emailed to you. Maybe you'll find a roll-over that someone is parting out.

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• Thank you again. Forgot to mention earlier that my search has been going on for years, but as a new computer user, I did not think of Craigs List, so I'll try it.
  • I have cosmetic damage to right rear corner of bumper caused by chain link fence that moved out and hit me. Seriously, I did poor job of spray painting over the dings that penetrated to the black stuff under the silver paint and shops want over $700 to do professional repair. Does anyone sell something like a black adhesive cap or bumper protector that I could apply to both corners or to the entire bumper to hide the damage?
  • The only seat the raises up and down is the driver. the passenger only goes back and forth and lays down.
  • has any one had any problems with there front wind shield on a f-350 ,look like the darn thing broke loose from the bead from the factor. ford said i'm over on my warranty 36000 miles i have to take care of it myself. :mad:
  • Hi, I own a 2005 Pathfinder SE in Mexico and I have doubt if the odometer indicates the route in miles or kilometers as the speedometer shows miles x hr as a principal. Review and 2006 and newer models have the speedometer in km / hr as a principal. It may be that for the Mexican market change the odometer to indicate kilometers?. Thank you for your attention.
  • where can i get a original roof rack for a 2003 nissan pathfiner -really only need the rack cover for front