Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Auto Shows for 2012

odie6lodie6l Hershey, PaPosts: 1,078
I'm starting up the thread for the new year of Auto Shows.

All discussions for the 2012 year shall be in here. Pictures are a plus, so go ahead and post them too. Dates and information would be good too.

I myself am going to try for the Philly Auto Show.

Odie

Comments

• odie6lodie6l Hershey, PaPosts: 1,078
    Here are the dates for both the Philly International Auto Show and the Pennsylvania Auto Show(in Harrisburg, PA).

Philly - 1/28/12 - 2/5/12

Harrisburg - 1/26/12 - 1/29/12

Odie
    Well, I've made up my list of vehicles that I am going to make sure I check out will alot of serious detail. They are as follows;
    1. Honda Fit
    2. Honda Fit Shuttle (if its there)
    3. Honda CR-V
    4. Honda Pilot
    5. Kia Rio 5-door
    6. Kia Forte 5-door
    7. Kia Sportage
    8. Subaru Impreza Sport Limited / Premium 5-door
    9. Subaru XV (if its there)
    10. Mazda 5
    11. Mazda CX-5
    12. Toyota Rav4
    13. Toyota Highlander
    14. Toyota 4Runner

This is my short list as it stands now for vehicle I need to check out in detail as a potential replacement for "The Beast".

Odie
    edited January 2012
    Here are the dates for the Detroit Show.

Dates are January 9th through January 22nd with the public showing being the 14th - 22nd.

North American International Auto Show

Odie
  • robr2robr2 BostonPosts: 7,810
    Formally knows and The New England International Auto Show.

Jan 12-16.

Nothing gets unvieled, no special effects or visiting dignataries. Just an old fashioned metal on floor, climb into every car type of sho.
  • anythngbutgmanythngbutgm Posts: 4,175
    edited January 2012
    Hope that BMW makes a visit this year... They skipped last year.

Anyone going to Chi-town this spring?
  • steverstever Ex Yooper, en route to New MexicoPosts: 40,506
    edited January 2012

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Nice pics.

Odie
  • snakeweaselsnakeweasel a Certified Edmunds Poster.Posts: 11,722
    Anyone going to Chi-town this spring?

The auto show? I usually get to it about every other year and I am thinking about this year. However there are not a lot of new cars out there that have piqued my interest. But who knows I might find a few there.

IIRC the IAA International Motor show In Frankfort, Germany is the only auto show larger and that is a bi-annual event (which I do not believe is held this year).

The sign said "No shoes, no shirt, no service", it didn't say anything about no pants.

• lemkolemko Posts: 15,162
    ...opens Saturday, January 28th at the Convention Center. Any folks coming?
    I believe there are a bunch of unmentioned premieres/concepts that are coming to the show. Supposedly a new Volvo XC90 for instance.

The Boston show was pretty lame and my wife and I love Chicago so we are going to check out the show this year. It'll be our first time. Then skip over to The Billygoat for burgers after! :D
  • fezofezo Posts: 9,346
    I have to see when I am going on my extended hospital stay. If it's not before then I'd love to finally show up and finally meet you and Andre...
    We are headed down on Sunday the 29th. We are going to do our typical run down from Hershey, PA. Leave up here around 7am(ish) and stop at Nifty Fifty's in Ridley Park (1900 MacDade Blvd and Route 420) for breakfast. The drive over and shoot up i-95 past the stadiums. We get there right around 9am-9:30ish.

Odie
  • explorerx4explorerx4 Central CTPosts: 9,683
    edited January 2012
    It's hard to expect too much when the Boston show is going on at the same time as the NAIAS in Detroit.
    I agree, but this is not always the case. The Boston show is usually around the end of November-first week of December timeframe. This year they pushed it back...

Still, since they've moved it to the new convention center, it hasn't been as good as it was. Last year there were no BMW's and the Mercedes, Audi and some others only had a handful of cars on site, not entire lineups.

I'll still go, but it's not really one to look forward to.
  • robr2robr2 BostonPosts: 7,810
    edited January 2012
    I agree, but this is not always the case. The Boston show is usually around the end of November-first week of December timeframe. This year they pushed it back...

The convention center was booked pretty solid through November. Since the show is put on by the dealers association, they've looked for ways to cut costs for a few years. January is usually a cheaper time to book convention space in Boston.

As far as some manufaturers not being there or not having a full stable of vehicles, blame the dealers. It's their show - not the manufacturer.
    I will post a short review of the vehicles I'm going to be checking out at the Phialdelphia Auto Show on 1/29/2012. I like being able to toy with all the stuff, look under the hood and basically become a vehicle proctologist without having a sales person breathing over me. After the Auto Show, if the vehicle survives the "Cut List" I then do a road test at a local dealer. I have about 15-20 vehicles on a list as a replacement for "The Beast" (my '06 Honda Pilot EX-OR) and plan on cutting the list down to about 5 after the Auto Show. So these 5 will be the vehicles I will do the reviews on. I will post a "Why Cut" reasoning behind why each vehicle on my list got cut.

I will post a link to a photo album (will be public) on my facebook page after I get done uploading pictures.

Odie
  • andre1969andre1969 Posts: 21,968
    Any update on your status, Fezo? I can do Saturday the 28th, but not the following Saturday (2/4/12). I got an email from Grbeck, saying he could do the 4th, but not the 28th. :(
    I'm fighting a bug at the moment. Will check in to update.

Certainly given that situation if you have a better offer take it. If not hang on and we'll see.
    I can be there both weeks. Let me know because I can get discount tickets ahead of time.
    OK. Count me in for Saturday. Let me know where to meet. Hope you gents know a decent place to park the car!
    I always meet near the Dunkin' Donuts in the Reading Terminal Headhouse near 12th and Market. I park my car at indoor garage at Broad and Race, but that's a few blocks NW of the Convention Center if you don't mind walking a bit. If you get there early, you can park all day for about $12.
    Turns out I can't get discount tickets which were good for $3 off the $12 admission. I dilly-dallied too much and my sources are out of them. They ran out of them on Monday. I didn't think they'd go that fast. I guess the economy is picking up.
    I'll live with the full freight price. When's a good meet up time? I'll be the shotr old guy with the long hair.....
    I usually meet up with grbeck and andre1969 around 9:30 - 10 AM. I'm kind of tall with a mustache and glasses and will be wearing an olive green coat.
    Hey guys,

unfortunately I can't make Philly at all this time around. :cry: So, have fun without me, and try to take some pics! Fezo, hopefully I get to finally meet you one of these days!
    Hey, come on! I can't believe this!

Well, lemko and I will have a good time in your absence. I'd ask him for his address, park at his house and go from there but that would leave him with a Toyota in front of his house and I wouldn't want to be part of the psychological damage that would cause. :D
    I'd ask him for his address, park at his house and go from there but that would leave him with a Toyota in front of his house and I wouldn't want to be part of the psychological damage that would cause.

Well, Lemko's seen me drive up in my uncle's Corolla, as well as ridden in Grbeck's Accord, and I don't think either act has left any permanent scarring. :shades:
    Well, that's good to know.

Now why the heck aren't you coming?
    lemko - I'll be in a leather jacket with fleece trim and a Rutgers hat - unless I can find where I put my Edmunds hat from I think the 01 New York show.
    If anyone will be there on this Sunday (1/29) you will be able to pick me out really easy. I'll be the only person in Philly wearing a Detroit Lions cap.

Odie
This discussion has been closed.