Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Auto Shows for 2012

Comments

• lemkolemko Posts: 15,120
    I always meet near the Dunkin' Donuts in the Reading Terminal Headhouse near 12th and Market. I park my car at indoor garage at Broad and Race, but that's a few blocks NW of the Convention Center if you don't mind walking a bit. If you get there early, you can park all day for about $12.
    Turns out I can't get discount tickets which were good for $3 off the $12 admission. I dilly-dallied too much and my sources are out of them. They ran out of them on Monday. I didn't think they'd go that fast. I guess the economy is picking up.
  • fezofezo Posts: 9,328
    I'll live with the full freight price. When's a good meet up time? I'll be the shotr old guy with the long hair.....
    I usually meet up with grbeck and andre1969 around 9:30 - 10 AM. I'm kind of tall with a mustache and glasses and will be wearing an olive green coat.
  • andre1969andre1969 Posts: 21,849
    Hey guys,

unfortunately I can't make Philly at all this time around. :cry: So, have fun without me, and try to take some pics! Fezo, hopefully I get to finally meet you one of these days!
    Hey, come on! I can't believe this!

Well, lemko and I will have a good time in your absence. I'd ask him for his address, park at his house and go from there but that would leave him with a Toyota in front of his house and I wouldn't want to be part of the psychological damage that would cause. :D
    I'd ask him for his address, park at his house and go from there but that would leave him with a Toyota in front of his house and I wouldn't want to be part of the psychological damage that would cause.

Well, Lemko's seen me drive up in my uncle's Corolla, as well as ridden in Grbeck's Accord, and I don't think either act has left any permanent scarring. :shades:
    Well, that's good to know.

Now why the heck aren't you coming?
    lemko - I'll be in a leather jacket with fleece trim and a Rutgers hat - unless I can find where I put my Edmunds hat from I think the 01 New York show.
  • odie6lodie6l Hershey, PaPosts: 1,078
    If anyone will be there on this Sunday (1/29) you will be able to pick me out really easy. I'll be the only person in Philly wearing a Detroit Lions cap.

Odie
  • stickguystickguy Posts: 14,170
    sorry Fez, I didn't have this thread watched.

Couldn't go this weekend anyway. I am going next weekend though, most likely not until Sunday though to work with my Daughter's schedule.

2013 Acura RDX (wife's), 2007 Volvo S40 (when daughter lets me see it), 2000 Acura TL (formerly son's, now mine again), and new Jetta SE (son's first new car on his own dime!)

Sunday would be a no for me. Super zzbowl zsunday with the Giants in it! Ah!

Have fun.
  • odie6lodie6l Hershey, PaPosts: 1,078
    here is a link to my Facebook Album for "Car Pictures". I have the setting as public, so you would be able to look at the pictures. Start with the Blue Shelby GT500 and go from there for this years pictures (since I have other car pictures in there too). Unfortunately my camera was having some moments and some of the pics came out blurry. I didn't notice it till I got home.

Facebook Photo Album - Car Pictures

Odie
    Oh, don't worry. I will be ensconsed in my chair with a cold beer in plenty of time for the SB. I am not missing the Giants game for anything, even cars!

My plan is to be there by about 10, do the show, and grab lunch on the way out (Yum, cheesesteaks! Might have to go hit Oscars, if it is still there) and be home by 3 at the latest.

2013 Acura RDX (wife's), 2007 Volvo S40 (when daughter lets me see it), 2000 Acura TL (formerly son's, now mine again), and new Jetta SE (son's first new car on his own dime!)

Damn, stick. Don't do that to me! Tempting......
    sadly, went from being a family affair to a solo trip.

Wife had a stomach virus last night, and is spending the day in bed. Daughter did not feel like it either.

not as much fun alone, but not the first time!

Everyone I know around here has at least one person sick in the family. My SIL came down with something which killed our Super Bowl plans. Now one of my 10 year olds has a bug so I'll be staying put.

You'll love the Dart among loads of other things.
    Just out of curiosity, how big did the Dart look? Lemko said I should hold off on any kind of purchase until I see it, because it looks a lot better in person.

I once said that I'd never buy another Dart, because between the '69 GT I bought back in September 1989 and the '68 Dart 270 that finally got towed away in December 2009, I've been dealing with 'em for 20 years, so I'm kinda Darted out!

But, I never in a million years thought they'd bring the name back. And, who knows? Maybe it will be a cool car.
    It did look cool.

To me, it looked bigger than it probably really is. Really looked mid sized, but you really need to see it in context to tell. But, very stylish, and not in a gaudy overdone way (like some Hyundais say). Should wear well.

Looks about 10x more expensive than a Caliber or Neon ever did.

so, might seem small to you, but big to me!

Style-wise, the only part of the Dart I don't like is the rear, starting in the back doors and working back. It's like the car doesn't know whether it wants to be a hatchback or a sedan. And there just seems to be too much sheetmetal in that area above the rear wheel opening, an area that, IMO, can make a car look awkward.

But, I've seen pics of it that make it looks clumsy, and pics that make it look good. I'll just have to wait until I see one in person, I guess! Be kinda cool if they'd offer it in a stripper 170 level, nicer 270, sporty GT, and high-performance GTS!
This discussion has been closed.