Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If I were an auto manufacturer, my New Year's resolution would be...

2»

Comments

• steverstever YooperlandPosts: 40,128
    edited January 2012
    We're having a similar discussion over in Right To Repair - A Hot Issue or Big Problem with another auto tech; you should check it out. I think you'd enjoy Thecardoc3's point of view (certainly more than mine, lol).

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• drvettedrvette Posts: 99
    edited January 2012
    fintail, what else did you expect?

Ignorance begets ignorance

This thread begged for:

A - Posters with NO mechanical experience or knowledge
    B - Others with the viewpoint on Labor Unions formed by watching the Evening News
    [who is owned by Corporate America, remember what happened t Dan Rather ?]
    C - Opinions of OSHA thinking they are there for protection of the workers ?
    D - Statements about the Auto Industry "Bail-Out" with absolutely NO idea of the results, "downstream" jobs lost and failed businesses and millions of workers out of a job, YES including the Mexican, Canadian and Asian workers.
    E - Commentary on the "cute girl" are a bit OT, but still in good taste, IMO.

Rusty Wrench
  • eharri3eharri3 Posts: 645
    edited January 2012
    To build great cars and let the bottom line take care of itself rather than to start with the bottom line and build cars around it.

To break the tradition that says small, inexpensive, economical vehicles cannot look interesting and be attactive.

To stop shipping vehicles to the United States, shut down all my factories, and fire all my American workers if the media tries to create a sudden unitended accelaration controversy with one of my models just one more time.

To save money by not designing 3 times as many cupholders into a vehicle as the number of people it can hold, and to devote all those savings to designing awesome seats.
  • lemkolemko Posts: 15,144
    edited January 2012
    To build great cars and let the bottom line take care of itself rather than to start with the bottom line and build cars around it.

I like that first one. Build them and they will come. Provide a good product and the profits will follow.
2»