Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 Dodge Dart

1235»

Comments

• dawadawa Posts: 1
    Drove a dart today not bad, underpowered w/ automatic, lots of road noise in cabin,hard on bumps,noticed steering wheel start to shimmy on acceleration above 75 mph,24k loaded with options,yesterday i drove optima,ultima,new malibu w/eco 4 cyl,all were unacceptable with cabin road noise,harsh over bumps,noisey 4 cyl motors,narrow seat backs,but the dart seemed the best of the lot,but allthese cars are way overpriced.
  • they sure don't make em like they used to.lol
  • faroutfarout Posts: 1,609
    For anyone who has bought a Dart, what kind of mpg do you get?
  • endur0endur0 Posts: 1
    I recently bought a dart rallye with the 6 speed and 1.4l in red lol. Very fun and sport. Actually has a pretty stiff suspension and handles corner very well. Tranny is very smooth and gearing is nice. It's a fun little compact and great on gas if you drive it right. Out of the dealership I got 20-22mpg city. I assumed they did not put in premium because with premium (91) I was getting 24+ city only. This car handles cruising speeds well. You lose all your mpg in shifting 1-3. Once you get 45 put it in 6th and just cruise at 35-40mpg and downshift when necessary.

All in all, I test drove the elantra, forte koup, civic, and a mustang and this was by far the most fun and complete all around to drive. Sticker price was 23,390. I walked out of the dealership paying sub that total, think I knocked them down to <$21k with USAA/Chrysler/Military discounts. This model comes with almost all of the best options.
  • I bought a red Dart Rallye last week with the 6 speed manual and it drives and sounds great. I actually look forward to driving this car which is not something I can say about the 2011 Elantra I had. If you are looking at cars in this category, take a test drive. This car feels more like a mid size European car with great handling and the suspension soaks up the bumps. Although the engine is small, it really pulls and the gears are spaced perfectly in the 6 speed. A lot of car for 22k. In one week, I had 10 people ask me what kind of car it was and told me it looks great. Absolutely the best car I had in years.
  • Very pleased with performance and tech package - fun to drive!

***Only down side so far is that with no rear windshield wiper a rear view vision problem occurs when driving on snowy winter roads with the salt spray drying on rear window. Fortunately this is something that does not happen too often (I hope).
  • sandman_6472sandman_6472 Coral Springs, FLPosts: 2,623
    edited December 2012
    I have yet to see one of these cars on the road down here in car crazy South Florida...not a one! Don't understand it but from the pics of the dash that I have seen, this is not even a car I'd consider buying no matter the price...just looks so inferior to what the competition offers. But maybe one day I'll go for a test drive just to see for myself. But hell, haven't seen a one yet on the roads!

The Sandman :) :sick: :shades:

2014 Hyundai Tuscon SE/2005 Mazda 3s/2008 Hyundai Accent GLS/2009 Nissan Versa SL hatch

• Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,810
    A reporter would like to speak to a new owner of a Dodge Dart. If you purchased a Dodge Dart in the last 6 months, and you would like to share your story, please send daytime contact information to pr@edmunds.com no later than 9 a.m. PT/noon ET on Tuesday, April 2, 2013.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

1235»