Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

engine lost power while driving

jrvanripjrvanrip Member Posts: 2
2002 jetta 1.8t, engine lost power while driving and now wont turn over to restart. any ideas???

Comments

• bpeeblesbpeebles Member Posts: 4,085
    How many miles? Has Timing belt been replaced at proper intervals?
  • jrvanripjrvanrip Member Posts: 2
    unfortunately no the timing belt has not been replacec. 100k miles, but the timing belt is still intact. the battery which was replaced about 2 years ago waqs dead, so i replaced that and still no luck. i pulled 2 codes off the computer: air leak near o2 sensor, and the second says bad communication between ecm and tcm or bad tcm. i was going to try checking the connection but cant fnd ecm. and i am still lost
  • bpeeblesbpeebles Member Posts: 4,085
    I am glad for you that your Timing Belt is still intact. At least your valves should not be bent or holes in the pistons.

Since you did not post the actual codes here, we really cannot help much more.
  • silent99silent99 Member Posts: 1
    Did you ever fix this issue? Having the exact same problem.
  • carteachcarteach Member Posts: 179
    edited October 2012
    People tell me they have a lot of difficulty understanding me when I'm talking through my car's Bluetooth. I haven't had this problem with my other cars.

Is this a Jetta flaw, or should I be taking the car to the dealer to be repaired?