Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota Prius c

2»

Comments

• I would be interested in hearing how comfortable the Prius C is on long trips. I often drive between 500 and 1,000 miles a day ... Comfort and gas mileage on highway? What is the noise levell?
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,824
    If you are a parent of young children (at least one under 12 years old) who owns the latest model Toyota Prius C or Kia Rio, a reporter would like for you to fill out a survey, due by December 1, 2012, for use in a print publication. Please email PR@edmunds.com no later than Friday, November 30, 2012 for a copy of the survey.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• mahout99mahout99 Posts: 2
    when the new revisuion of the prius 2 debuts this fall or early spring it will be based on the mazda2 and that will be a huge improvement over the yaris chassis. it should be the platform for yamaha, toyotas prime engine consultant, to offer a hot rod for the masses, much like Porsche's 918 for the super rich. Such a vehicle could easiluy be concocted with a turbo to generate 150 hpo or more and thus place Toyota high in consumer wants. In short, it will be what Honda failed to do with the CRZ. Sochiro has to be spinning in his grave. Combined with the superior chassis of the mazda2 it will be a large scale seller even if it gets only 40 mpg.
    As for the current Prius C it can be vastly improved in handling by simply disconnecting the front antisway bar (not removing) to reduce the enormous understeer dictated by lawyers rather than suspension engineers. And the current mazda 2 being prepped for B racing class have shown significant ability to be a leading class winner.
    Yes, I got my Prius C, promptly imporoved its handling and proved it on track. Its no competitor for even a Civic sedan, not the Si, but it is comfortable and fun to drive. There are clips on youtube. And yes, I've taken two long trips more than 500 miles and got 48 mpg at an average speed of 65 mph for the entire trip.
    I vote the Prius C the car of the year and most assuredly when the Prius C on mazda chaasssis and a high performance version is released I have my order prepped for my dealer. Congrats Toyota, we recommend the Prius C highly for today's driving errands, long or short distance.
    cheers.
    PS I've had more than my share of McClarens and Corvettes but today they don't offer much except on track.
  • So far in 7500 miles I have taken two 1000 mile trips, averaging 65 mph and 48 mpg, both entirely comfortable. Course my background is vettes, porsches, mustangs and camaros as well as racing but I found the prissy easy to drive long distances in comfort.
2»