Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

1999, Need larger mirrors

Hi there, where and what models, brands of all mirrors can be compatible with my forester 1999 ? I find my side mirrors and rear view mirror too small. Is there any way I can get larger rear view mirror and side mirrors( may be from newer foresters? may be they are larger? ) , any help please, thanks

Comments

• xwesxxwesx Fairbanks, AlaskaPosts: 8,450
    I am not sure about the rearview, but the side mirrors are definitely larger on the '09+ Foresters. Whether or not they are compatible, I have no idea.
  • aathertonaatherton Posts: 617
    "... forester 1999... I find my side mirrors and rear view mirror too small. Is there any way I can get larger rear view mirror and side mirrors..."

The premium packages at least up through 2008 had much larger mirrors than the plain X model. I would look in a junkyard for a Forester of your body style (SF? - 1998-2002?) with the upscale package having larger mirrors.

Larger mirrors was one reason I got my 2008 LL Bean - the plain mirrors were ratholes.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    In 99, they had the L (small side mirrors) and S models (large), so just look for an S model in a junk yard and swap them out.

The mirrors on the S were also heated, though I'm not sure it would work since your L does not have the switches for that.