Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes Benz M-Class Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• bsedrishbsedrish Posts: 26
    Looking to lease an ML350 and not in a rush to do it before months end. Of course dealer is pushing to get this done by end of July. Has information been released on what MB is planning to offer in the way of incentives, money factors,etc for August? Any thoughts on whether it is going to get better?

Thanks
  • ocautoseekerocautoseeker Posts: 425
    won't know new programs 'til august.
  • pmelanc1pmelanc1 Posts: 7
    Does anyone know when the 2009 models will be out.
    Thanks.
    Have the following offer right now:

MSRP $52570 (P2, Ipod, Sunroof Package, 6 Disc Changer, Running Boards, Heated Front Seats)

33 month, 12k miles

No reduction in cap cost (only drive off costs, first month rent, bank fee, license/registration)

$675 per month including taxes (CT)
    Anyone know what the MFs and residuals are (10k and 12k) for the new 09s? Any rebates out there from MB?
  • stewdystewdy Posts: 17
    I had been thinking about an X3 but my wife likes the MB better than the BMW and it's going to be her car so that sort of eliminated the X3. Anyway, I have always been curious about the MB diesels and was wondering what kind of purchase deals people have gotten on '08 320CDI's recently. I assume that the $3,000 dealer cash will carryover from last month (whether it is publicized or not) considering the '09's will be on lots before too long (if not already on some). Thanks in advance!
    The offer I've been given is OTD with a discount of about $6,000 off of sticker on an '08 ML320CDI with:

Silver Metallic Paint
    Premium 2
    iPod
    Trailer Hitch
    Heated Front Seats

MSRP: 53,780

If there is still only $3,000 dealer cash then this equates to a few hundred over invoice and holdback of about $1,500.
  • tcg1tcg1 Posts: 5
    Was this offer on a 2008 or 2009 model?
  • dkla76dkla76 Posts: 41
    So with the 4000 manufacturer to dealer incentive. whats the best deals gonna be?
    invoice - $4000? is that the best we can do?
    im in socal. does anyone have an idea?
    '08 ML320 CDI

Metallic Silver with Ash Leather:

Premium 2
    Full Leather Package
    iPod
    Heated Seats
    Trailer Hitch
    6 Disc Changer

MSRP was $56,255
    "Sales Price" $50,299
    Doc Fee: $499
    Total $50,798

That in itself is not too bad a deal when taken at face value, but after considering one of the cars they had on the lot I decided that I didn't really like the thought of paying $50K for a car with MBTex (vinyl) in it. I called my dealer (MB of Buckhead) and told them that I wanted the full leather package. They got on the computer and found the Silver/Ash leather ML in IDAHO. They told me it was the only '08 left with Ash leather interior in the US. I'd believe it too because I looked all over the southeast and everything I found in Silver/Ash had MBTex. The closest thing I could find on my search was in Richmond, VA and had just arrived as a service loaner/demo for the next 120 days.

I've already put my deposit down and go to pick it up on Monday. So far this dealer has been a pleasure to deal with. I'll let everyone know how it goes after the final deal on Monday.

BTW: One of my pet peeves is front license plates. Well, apparently Idaho requires a front state license plate and my ML had holes drilled in the bumpers to place the mounting bracket for the plate when it arrived on the dealer's lot in Idaho. Does anyone know of some way to fill the holes? Body colored plugs similar to what Acura (and others I'm sure) has? The only thing my dealer offered was plugging, sanding and repainting the bumper which doesn't thrill me for obvious reasons. I don't really want to mess with virgin paint on the most vulnerable part of my automobile. Thanks if anyone has any suggestions!
  • I saved over $7,000 off MSRP on a new 2008 ML-320CDI at Mercedes-Benz of Lynnwood. The only bad part is since they have increased the factory incentives on 2008 models, they no longer offer the special financing rates. The best rate I got was 6.49% for 60 months with excellent credit.

They are courteous and will deal over the phone. Check out their website at www.mblynnwood.com

The person I dealt with was the Fleet Manager, Danny Santos.

And Danny, if you're reading this, please let me know when the Bluetooth modules arrive. thx

Donald
    ok so i found a 2008 ML350 that they offered to discount 9800 off MSRP (50670-9800=40870). its a great deal but someone told me how bad resale value is on this car.

considering thay have the 2009 lease special of 4000 TDO and 579/month (i think i can get it down to 550).

which is better deal if i were to drive that car for 3-4yrs?
  • Keep in mind the new 2009 ML350 has been agressively restyled, the body style is the same but there are a few facelifts and equipment changes on the 2009.

The value of a 2008 ML350 after 36 mos is 47% and at 48 mos is 39% based on residual values from Mercedes-Benz Financial.

On a new 2009 ML350 the value at 36 mos is 48% an at 48 mos is 42%.

Currently there are no lease specials on 2008 ML-350 models, MBF has decided to increase REATAIL cash for financed or cash deals to blow out the 2008 models instead with 4,000 retail cash.

The 2009 models do have a 2,000 lease cash on the new ML's which is how they are able to offer you the $579 lease payment for 33 mos.

You are getting a great price on the 2008 ML, the most you can save on the new 2009 ML is maybe around $4000 plus an additional $2000 if you lease off MSRP.

In my profesional opinion if you are only keeping the car for 48 mos max, lease a 2009 model. The Lease payments are cheaper than the 2008 and the vehicle will be the newer restyled model.
    i prob will keep it for less than 48 months.
    so for 2009 lease, whats the best deal i could do?
  • The current program for the 2009 lease thru MB is:

33 mos lease Term
    57% residual for 10k miles per year
    Down Pymnt $4000
    money factor .00110 for FICO 720 and higher
    MSRP $51,915
    Discount $1208
    Lease Cash $2000
    Payment $579 per mos plus tax

If you can find a dealership to get you the max discount of $4,000 off MSRP plus get the $2000 lease you can get a pymnt of around $510 plus tax.
    well i couldnt resist the deal on 08 purchase. dealer gave me 10,000 off msrp and will be getting for 39000 plus tax, title, reg for white/beige with P1 and ipod option.
    ill be signing the contract on sat when he brings me the contract and the car to my home.

just for my info, what is tax, title, reg all total out to be?
    all i know is msrp is 49000 and i will be 10k off but wanna know the rest of fees...

thanks
    hey does anyone know a good aftermarket place to buy runner board?
    is it as good as factory ones?
  • bmlexusbmlexus Posts: 755
    For the first time I went to check out the new ML. I have to say I prefer the Cayenne and bmws better..
    ok i havent signed the contract for 10,000 off MSRP on ML 350 yet. someone(dealer) told me that MB dealer has holdback and reserve moneys totaling about 6500 in addition to the 4000 manuf to dealer incentive and in addition to the difference between MSRP and invoice(~3100). So that means dealers profit margin is about 13600. wow.

how far would u go to negotiate. i was considering asking for 13000 off msrp now.
    economy is real slow and no one wants a SUV now due to high gas prices. plus its a clearance yr model.(they need clean lot for 09s)
    everytime i go to dealerships, there are hardly anyone there even shopping.

do you think the dealers would consider letting ML go for 600 profit?
  • docrwdocrw Posts: 94
    You'll never know unless you ask. If you make it a walk-away point, you most likely will either get the deal or something closer than what you have now. You could always still shop around at other dealers, if there are any close enough. You really have nothing to lose, worse comes to worst you get the deal you have now.
  • I just picked up a 2008 ML 320 CDI for about $10,000 under MSRP; it wasn't tough to do as MBUSA was offering a $5000 incentive in August (not sure if it was extended to September). 2009s are right around the corner, but having endured run-flat tires on my SC 430 with their noise and bumpy ride (and from what I understand poor tread life) I was thrilled to pick up an '08 (especially with the great discount).
  • Hi Donaldsam,

I saw that you dealt with a fleet manager at your dealership.So i am in process of buying a 09' c class sport in houston,TX.So was wondering if you could give me any tips in dealing with fleet manager as i already contacted him and he called me back but luckily i couldn't take his call so now with your help i could maybe get good price.

i have 2 questions
    1. would fleet manager deal with me ie a single car buyer or would he ask me to contact sales only.If he would deal with me then why would he as they generally give us cheaper prices right?
    2.And can i negotitate at invoice price or just nod to whatever he says as it would generally be a good price.

Thanks
  • Hey,
    I am also considering the '08 ML purchase or Lease howevr have been told how good the X5 with the smaller V6, 4 liter engine is.... why did you like it? and didn't you feel the Cayenne was BAD on fe?
    Nice car - though, I agree!
    Please give me your opinion? I don't know which car to buy and am not sure the BMW dealers around me (CT) will deal much (not like Mercedes is right now, that's for sure!)
    thanks,
    k
  • Uday,
    can you give me your deal info when you get it -- I am dealing with same thing - corporate - fleet discount-family connection, so on...
    ~ don't know how they work these deals either but have got some pretty good prices -- only thng is I was pricing out the 08 R350's and they can't give those cars away.... so haven't yet asked about ML's. Do you really plan to buy one of them and did you find in your research they compare favorably to the BMW's (X5, smaller engine, etc.)?
    any thoughts would be appreciated ---
  • sure karens i would let u know once i talk to fleet manager next week and will place my prices and all other options here and so are u also dealing with fleet manager then can u let me know more details as to how u initiated the talk with him/her and did he really give u a good price ie almost near invoice and i am going for c300 sport 2009 with p1,navigation,auto transmission and can u also bargain with fleet manager or was it a fixed price?

i am not into suv's yet but for me x5's are not so beautiful as for according to my opinion bmw's are power and sporty vehicles and mercs are beautiful vehicles.I already own a z4 so am planning to go to a sedan with sporty look.
  • Hello,
    I am going tomorrow to test drive a ML350. It is a 2008 lease car for sale with ~ 14000 miles on it. The dealership has it listed for $38754. Obviously, the car is still the current year but I am concerned that the price is higher than I should pay.
    Any feedback would be great!
  • It depends on the original MSRP of the car...I've heard of dealers discounting NEW 2008 ML's by $8,000 to make room for the 09's which are out...so depending on the market in your area it may be in your interest to scoop up a new 08 for somewhere in the 40's

If you still want to get this leased one, I'd say 15k off the original MSRP would be reasonable

btw where are you located, maybe I can help further
  • I was just offered the following lease deal in Ohio:
    2008 320 CDI
    Package 1
    Heated front seats
    I pod integration
    trailer hitch
    MSRP $51,220

39 month lease
    15,000 miles per year
    Total due at delivery $679 (1st month plus $90)
    $589 per month tax included (tax rate is 6.75%)

Seems like a great deal. Is it? Even with the refresh for 2009, this seems to good to pass up.
    Thanks for your reply
  • Just picked up a new 2008 ML350 in Southern California for $9500 off MSRP.

Talked with many dealers, couldn't get the $10,000 off MSRP. It wasn't that big a hassle to get it down to $9500 off MSRP, though only 1 dealer would touch that price. Fletcher Jones Mercedes (largest mercedes dealer) wouldn't go any lower than $9000 off MSRP..even though they have a LOT of 2008 ML350's in stock.

MSRP = $49000
    Purchased Price = $39500 + tax and license
    Dealer i got it from has no more 2008 ML350 left, that was the last one.

Good luck!
  • Any deals in and around Atlanta, GA? I am looking to buy 2008 ML350 asap this month. I also considered used one. I went to a dealer today (Not MB dealer) who got a car in trade in, which is ML350 2006 make with 32K miles on it. Dealer quoted $30K with Tags and tax and others which totals to $32,500. Not sure this is a good deal or not. Any suggestion is appreciated.