Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes Benz M-Class Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• gm1120gm1120 Posts: 22
    So far I love it. Although I already have a couple of complaints....I don't know if you've experienced this, but I live in the peninsula with LOTS of hills and when I'm going downhill at about 30-35 mph, it would suddenly jerk and downshift. Also, yesterday, I was at a stop sign and was making left and it jerked again. I think something's up with the 7 speed automatic shift (or whatever that's called). I had a 10 year old Lexus prior to this car and never had that kind of problem. My husband was also saying that when he goes 80 mph, he feels it trying to slow him down, since I don't go that fast, I haven't had that experience. Then, there's the brake pedal, it seems too low, like I have to press halfway before the brake engages. Have you noticed that? I had a couple of people test drive the car and they both mentioned the same thing (without me bringing it up). I had it serviced today for the safety recall (clamp on steering fluid) and had them check out the brakes, they said they bled it, may have had air pockets and should be working just fine, but I haven't noticed any difference. I'm still happy though and excited. I did buy the car for the looks :) What about you?
    Since we own a house in Arizona, we asked about buying out of state so we pay lower taxes and we were told (by the financing lady at the dealer), that you can buy out of state but when you register your car in California within 1 year of purchase from out of state, you would have to pay the taxes then, based on your address in CA.
  • Same thing with me also. When it is going downhill it is Jerking(Suddenly the gare changing) and also same thing with brake we have to push little harder.

:confuse:
  • newmownernewmowner Posts: 86
    gm1120, ask the service center about those mechanical things you feel. i don't experience those things at all.

i know the vehicle has a braking sensor for safety, i wonder it that is kicking in? also, when you were on the hills, were you manually shifting, or just in normal drive? :confuse:
  • It is coming in normal drive(Automatic). I didn't try manual.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,837
    Since this is the pricing discussion, please discuss ownership issues in our regular Mercedes-Benz M-class (ML320, ML350, ML500 and ML55) discussion. Thanks.

kirstie_h
    Roving Host
    Host, Future Vehicles & Smart Shopper discussions

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

Sierrasonic, Newmowner
    I'll post my reposnse in the that other area Kristy is referring to in the above post.
  • newmowner,
    You probably already figured it out, but in my E there is a 'preference' you can change to either scan the radio or jump through presets with the steering wheel control.

Any Los Angeles buyers out there? I'm deciding between Auto Steigler and Fletcher Jones. Thoughts?
    Anthony, I spoke with the rep who walks thru the new car (who seemed :shades: very knowledgeable about the features on all the models), and apparently, the other versions had a function to switch the way the steering wheel controls function, but the new ML does not have that, yet.
  • fun6889fun6889 Posts: 27
    Anyone out there have pricing for 06 ML350 for NJ/NYC area?
    Silver Star in Long Island City (Queens) is running a deal until July 5th that you get their employee discount, which they are claiming is the car at their "invoice" (which I do not think is their real cost). In any event, that can be a couple thousand off the sticker without any negotiation whatsoever. I went to NJ and got $2750 off the sticker. :shades:
  • islander1islander1 Posts: 1
    I too an looking for a ML in SOCAL. Have not been able to talk with anyone at fletcher jones. auto steigler pricng is in third place right now. Still negotiating!
  • Sorry we are in NJ!
  • I'm looking to purchase a new SUV but cannot decide whether I should buy the Lexus GX470 or the New 2006 Mercedes ML500. I've test driven both of them and they both drive well. ML 500 has lots of power and torque and rides very well. GX470 is very smooth. The price is similar too. The big differentiators are the following:

1) Gx470 has 3rd row optional seats whereas Ml500 does not
    2) Cost of Maintenance - Which one is going to be more expensive?

Any other pros and cons that I should consider?

I appreciate your input//thx/bob
  • mojo4mojo4 Posts: 1
    Just got my ML 350 & so far I'm loving it! Paid $45k (tax & lic. excl.)with appearance pkg., Ent. pkg, & sunroof. Is that a good deal? If not, what can I do now right? I'm SOL if I overpaid! :-)
  • You are indeed correct. The rule changed for boats, recreationla vehicles and autos and the time requirement is now 365 days and the item cannot be brought back in at all until then otherwise it is taxed.
  • Hi,

I'm looking to buy an ML350 in the Philadelphia (Devon/Westchester)
    area. From the postings here, I should expect $2500 or more off sticker price.

(I'm basically looking for something basic with the comfort, sunroof,
    and trim packages, NAV, heated front seats and ent system.)

So far dealers are offering between $1K and $2K off MSRP.

Thanks for any advice and any dealers to focus on.

Bharat (Opus)
  • budbudbudbud Posts: 2
    I just agreed today to buy an 06 ML350: sunroof, appearence w/chrome wheels, harmon stereo, heated seats, list is $47,035 (excl tax & fees). I'm in the northeast.

Dealer took $2,000 off the top, then $11,000 for trade-in (total of $13,000 off the $47,000).

Trade - early 99 ml320 (built 8/98), sunroof, leather, heated seats, 84,000 miles..Considering the age of the trade, I thought $13,000 off total was a good deal.

I planned to finance the balance at 4.65% for 60 months but they offered a lease.Never leased before.Not a business owner, can't write it off.

39 months at $653 with $2,836 out of pocket (includes $2,039 sales tax, regis, tags, 1st payment). They would give me a check for the $8,100 balance ($11,000 trade-in minus the $2,836). purchase price at end is $30,772.

Is this lease a good deal? Any reason I should/shouldn't do it?
  • jjclanjjclan Posts: 1
    I have a different opinion, EUROMOTORCARS has the worst customer service that I have ever experienced. Even in dealing with the general manager to get my issues resolved as ineffective. This is truly not the type of service that one would expect from a Mercedes Dealership. I will never patronize this business again, I will take the drive to Silver Spring or Virginia to avoid this dealership. Many of my co-workers also have recieved poor customer service from this dealer. BEWARE!!!
  • ML350 Premium/Ent/DVD Navi paid INVOICE at Beverly Hills MB. Which I thought was a pretty good deal. Not the best on this forum, but way better than I was being offered from FJ, Auto-Steigler and Keys.

The trick: I went to the INTERNET dept! It's a given there that you're looking up stuff on-line so the salesperson went to Edmunds and cars direct, figured out their best price and then beat it. More negotiating brought us to me paying invoice (or at least what Edmunds says is invoice).

And I am very happy with the dealership so far as well. Great service. I was seriously not even going to go there assuming they wouldn't deal as well since they're in Beverly Hills but I'm glad I did.
    ---
    Anthony D.
  • ML350 Premium/Ent/DVD Navi paid INVOICE at Beverly Hills MB. Which I thought was a pretty good deal. Not the best on this forum, but way better than I was being offered from FJ, Auto-Steigler and Keys.

The trick: I went to the INTERNET dept! It's a given there that you're looking up stuff on-line so the salesperson went to Edmunds and cars direct, figured out their best price and then beat it. More negotiating brought us to me paying invoice (or at least what Edmunds says is invoice).

And I am very happy with the dealership so far as well. Great service. I was seriously not even going to go there assuming they wouldn't deal as well since they're in Beverly Hills but I'm glad I did.
    ---
    Anthony D.
  • lorryfanlorryfan Posts: 76
    Am interested - can you post the details, i.e miles, trim, color etc etc....

thanks.
  • i'm currently negotiating a deal with on an '06 ML350.
    I'm trading in my '05 C240 (leased thru MB)
    Dealer quoted the C240 payoff is $28,874, the negative equity is $3,874.65 (which will roll over to the new lease)
    '06 ML350 (appearnce & sunroof package) MSRP $45,155
    Dealer offer is $43,148
    --with a 39month lease, 12000 miles/yr, $2,500 cash out of pocket and rolling the negative equity ($3,874.65), the monthly payment is $723.93 ($780.03 with tax based on 7.75% tax rate)
    Dealer said these numbers are based on tier one credit(whatever that means) :confuse:

Please tell me if this is a fair/good deal
  • Hello I am about to purchase a ml350 06 and would like to know the best deal i should be getting on this purchase the features i want are sunroof package and trim could some one tell me how to get the lowest price and how much should the lowest price be including tax, title, etc. city: Bakersfield state: California
    Thank You
  • We want to buy a ML 350 and I received this quote. Can you tell me if this is a good price or can be negotiated more:

Comfort, trim, entertainment, sunroof, nav, heated seats, rear side air bags, & paint fee. The MSRP is $49650 & they are quoting $46930 plus fees. This is $700 over invoice.

The second car/quote I got was for the same as above but remove the rear air bag and add trailer hitch. The MSRP is $49755 and quoting $46240 which is just below invoice.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
  • Well we ended up buying a ML350 in Alpine rain with ash interior . We got the comfort package, trim package, entertainment package, sunroof package, DVD navigation, rear air bags & heated front seats . The MSRP was 49,650 and we got it for 45,927. Based on my other offers, this was the best we got. Plus I can't say enough good about this dealership. This was the easiest car purchase we have ever done. I have to say I was a bit scepticle as most of the dealerships we went to or talked with had a very stuffy attitude and just didn't want to deal. No questions asked here. The selling price was laid out on the table and that was it. No haggling, they wanted to sell a car and we wanted to buy one. It may not be the best some one has gotten out there, but we are comfortable with the pricing. Most of the other dealers wanted 400-700 above invoice and we got it just below invoice. Yes they made money on us though hold backs and so forth, but bottom line we liked the deal.
  • Crzyaim,

In which state did you buy your ML-350?

Anyone from Washington/Virginia area has bought 06 ML-350 below invoice price?
  • I seldom see parktronic sensors on M Class vehicles. Overall, the compromises I would have to make outfitting one makes me wonder ....
  • mark156mark156 Posts: 1,992
    Edkunkel, I have the parktronic sensors on my 2002 ML500 and want them on every vehicle I get in the future.

Parktronic makes it so easy to park. You don't even have to turn your head when backing (as long as you know you are OK to backup). I just watch the indicators on the rear ceiling. As you get close to an object, the indicator lights will illuminate. They start off in yellow and as you get closer the first red light will light up and will start beeping. The next red light gives you a solid tone which indicates that you are 12 inches away from an object. If I choose to back up a little more, I know how much room I have without looking.

It's worth every dime it costs to order this option, you will love it.

Mark
  • We got ours in Northern California. I drove to the Bay Area from the Sacramento area as they had the best offer...a savings of over $1100 on the best deal I could do in my area. Worth the $35 dollars in gas it took for me to get down there.