Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes Benz M-Class Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• wbwynnwbwynn Posts: 246
    I would work off of the invoice price, not the msrp. 5% off msrp is a joke. You will have to request quotes from other dealers to get your local dealer to move and be more reasonable. This means you should fax or email your quote request to at least 5 dealers. You can use these numbers as leverage with your local dealer, or you may find that you don't want to do business with them and their "hard sell" attitude.

Be prepared to get on a plane and buy from an MB dealer who will give you a great price; it's done all the time. I like the new ml350, but they are not flying out the door. You don't see a lot of activity on this board like you do with other SUVs and crossovers. Good luck and let me know what info you get?
  • Just went through this...5% off is a reasonable deal. The car has a 7% markup, with no help from MB. Only way to do better is on a demo or something....
    plus 3% holdback; dealers have various motives for moving their stock; you have to get multple quotes....it appears that you have 10% to work with on a base model.
    see post #145 too.
  • I am not sure if they will give me a final price over the phone, internet or fax.
    I called 2 dealers in CA and get nothing, one said when you coming to buy(no price over the phone), the other said I have to be there to get a price.
    I will keep trying until I find a good price, edmunds price is 1K below invoice, so I can't use that price to bargain :( .
  • I am seeing the prices ranging from $20K to $25K, 38K to 55K miles on them.
    Also which is the best Extended warranty available for these vehicles should i get that too and what should i pay for it.

I am in chicago mkt and looking on Ebay and some local dealers.

thanks.
  • eric33eric33 Posts: 4
    I just got my wife a base ML 350 with an MSRP of $40,525 for $37,000 plus fees. We got this price from two dealerships (MB of South Bay and MB of Laguna Niguel). We ended up buying one from MB of Laguna Niguel because of the color combination.

These were the only two dealers that we discussed numbers with, and they both seemed willing to deal.
  • Thanks for your post, I called MB southbay. They sound very helpful and nice, make me feel like I have to fly and get a car from them. Is your car has sunroof and leather seat 37.000 or it is only base model. How much was your cost out door.
    Thanks alot for your post.
  • Bought today 2002 ML500 Sport with 30K for $26750.
    Has 7 seats, running boards and sport package.
    Silver/light grey.
    Also got Extended care Total care Warranty bumper to bumper 48/60K $0 Ded for $2800.

Is this a good price for ML500 and warranty.
  • freshwater -

Your warranty price is competitive, BUT did you know you can get a 2yr/100K mile warranty from MB under the certified pre-owned [CPO] program? Your ML is still under warranty right? Am guessing it should be for the original 4yr/50K mile warranty. Check the paperwork to verify.

Here's what you need to do -
    1. Take your ML to the local MD dealership and let them perform the 120-point inspection and once that's passed (usually does, unless there are large dents and visible scrathes) and serious mechanical problems with the truck), MB will extend the warranty to 2yr/100K miles whichever one comes first....

2.Cancel the EW you just purchased and have MB service the vehicle under their warranty for another 2years.

3. Checkout squaretrade.com to get a quote for EW and be sure to read the fine print of what's covered and what's not.

Good Luck....
  • My warranty expires last month 4yr, but it has low mileage and the SUV is in Mint condition. My driving will be less then 12k per yr. So 4yr/75K look reasonable.
  • We got the base model - alabaster white exterior w/ ash cloth seats and no sunroof. We're fine with this configuration. The seats are made up of cloth on the bottoms and backs w/ leather inserts on the sides.

The out-the-door cost was about $40,414 if I remember right. I believe that MB of South Bay still has two similar vehicles in stock.

I don't know what you need in the car in terms of options, but the important thing to know is that ML's can be bought at below invoice. The deal I got was $743 below invoice.

Good luck and let me know how you do!
  • I feel I received a great deal on a 1 owner 2002 ML 500, 19,500...loaded w/ 71K miles. The only gripe are the Pirelli Scorpion tires and kinda rough ridin'

Thanks all for taking the time to read this.
    Good info...thanks. You absolutely can buy below invoice if you are patient and get your facts beforehand. Let us know how you enjoy the M.
    New owners of the ML350, please comment on your experience with the transmisson; this seems to be the single most negative issue on the vehicle, but it appears that it is not universal. Maybe some recent purchasers could comment to see if the early issues have been addressed and corrected by MB-Alabama during the build.

I think that the re-design is fabulous, but I drive a Lexus and want to make sure that the service issues mentioned on MSN and Yahoo are the exceptions. Let's get this board moving...good or bad. All owner comments appreciated. THX
  • As a whole, I am pleased with our new ML 350, but we will be having the transmission checked. We have experienced some rough, jerky shifts when slowing down.

Aside from the transmission issue, I have found the build quality to be very good with this vehicle. Even the transmission, with the exception of the rough shifts at slow speeds, is otherwise very smooth. We are just hoping that the transmission problem will be rectified and put behind us.

We'll be taking the vehicle in later this week, and I'll keep you posted on the outcome.
    Please let me know what MB says about your transmission; I am curious if there is a service bulletin fix out to the dealers....or just what the service tech says. Thx
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,818
    .. you might have better luck here:
    Mercedes-Benz M-class (ML320, ML350, ML500 and ML55)

Or, here:
    MB M-Class Owners: Problems & Solutions

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

Thanks, but I am only interested in the new 2006 M class
    Yeah.. amazingly enough... some of our owners stick around and continue to discuss their cars after the purchase... If you post your question there, you might run into one of them...

I find that most people don't re-visit the pricing of their car, once they are done..

Give it a try!!

regards,
    kyfdx

• The service issues mentioned on MSN and Yahoo are NOT exceptions. I drive an RX330 and my wife recently purchased the 2006 ML350 after owning an LX470. In short, the ML350 went back to the dealership this week, permanently !
    We were excited about the design and had believed all reliability issues with the MClass had been resolved. The vehicle did drive wonderfully - it's only positive point. At about 2400 miles, in the middle of the Rosa Parks Freeway in Los Angeles, the ML 350 came to a stop. The fuel pump had broken. We are fairly patient people, so this was not the end of the world. However, our trip to the dealership to get this fixed was hassle. Unlike Lexus, which provides an efficient and friendly service center, the MB mechanic grumbled when he had to put out his cigarette and come inside to assist us. He was not at all sympathetic that our car had broken down in the middle of the freeway. He said the only loaner he had available was a Dodge Neon, and that would have to do while we waited for the part to come in. Repeat: 2400 miles on the car ! After a week, I called the dealership to tell them of my frustration - not once with the Lexus dealership did we ever have to wait a week, and we were always given a brand new Lexus vehicle to drive. The owner reluctantly apologized - and made no other amends. We picked up the car one week later from MB service.
    Three weeks after that, the breaks began to squeak - loudly. At $52,000, this was unacceptable. I called my lawyer, who in turn called the dealership - and they took the car back and offered a full refund.
    In summary, if you have a Lexus, do not go elsewhere. I was fortunate to be able to return the ML 350 without a hassle in most part because of my help from the legal profession - do not count on a similiar situation if you happen to buy one. We returned to the Lexus dealership this week and purchased the RX 400h - an excellent vehicle.
    I am sorry about your troubles, but it confirms my fears. I like the new ML design, but I could not put up with these breakdowns and service issues. Some of these things are just inconceivable for a luxury SUV.

I will stay with my Lexus until MB proves they can get it right.
  • simon46simon46 Posts: 1
    Breaks began to squeak at 13000 miles. Took it in to have brakes fixed. They put anti squeak grease on problem. It solved the problem for about 2 weeks. they are squeaking as loud as ever. P.S. They charged me $189 for the grease.
    They said bring it back in and they will fix for no charge!!!???? How long will it last....2 weeks? I'm very disappointed.
    Since this is a pricing discussion, you might have better luck getting opinions or answers here:

MB M-Class Owners: Problems & Solutions

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

• We leased a 2002 ML350. It is a piece of junk. The day the warranty expired 10 things went wrong. We have owned a Lexua and a Nissan before. MB's customer service is atrocious comparitively. Maybe the sedans are different but I personally have no trust in the MB brand. We are turning this in at lease end and getting an Acura MDX
  • tygerleotygerleo Posts: 16
    We like to know what is price for extended warranty for our 2003 ML350. This SUV will be off lease and we will buy it for about $21K. We call MB USA, they said we can purchase the extended warranty for three-year/100K after the general warranty (4year/50K) for about $3K. Anyone know if dealer can sell it cheaper in Southern CA. Please help. Thank you.

• tygerleotygerleo Posts: 16
    Robinderp,

I don't think MB sold ML350 on yr2002. As matter of fact, they only sold ML350 in CA during the first half of yr 2003. I am quite aware of the problems with Mercedes. To be fair, our car runs well, only problem we had is its brake pads wore very fast, we changed the pads twice in 25K. This may contribute the soft brake material they use, but it stops very well on the freeway - Lexus (Toyota) and Acura (Honda) have yet known how to copy. Furthermore, it drives very well at high speed (say above 80mph), it seems the faster you drive, more stable it behaves on the highway -- Toyota does have the edge of so-call reliability, but this will increase becoming its reliability>. Do not forget Mercedes used to make the most reliable vehicle in the world - at least this the public precept ion in 60s, 70s and 80s.

For this reason, we decide to keep this vehicle with extended warranty. Please let us know what is the cost of this warranty if you have this information.
  • buyingbuying Posts: 5
    Hi,

I am looking to purchase a 2006 ML 350 or 500.
    Can you please let me know the prices you've paid.

Really appreciate it.
  • buyingbuying Posts: 5
    Hi,

I am looking to purchase a 2006 ML 350 or 500.
    Can you please let me know the prices you've paid.

Really appreciate it.
  • freshwaterfreshwater Posts: 36
    Can we get 2006 ML350 below invoice. Any one knows for the recent prices people paid.