Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lincoln LS Accessories & Modifications

Comments

• If anyone talks to supervette79, please ask him to respond to post 89. (accessories and Mods. LS) I think he may be the person that I'm looking for.THANKS
  • ksig419ksig419 Posts: 4
    Hey guys this is my first post I have just purchased a 2000 lincon ls has alot of miles on it (146,000) but anyways I was wondering if there are any websites that have lincon ls performance parts or atleast show setups I have looked everywere and have got nothing the only thing I have got was a website called www.lskoncepts.com and all they had was a couple of bodykits. what I was wanting to do is find a ls rolling chassis (no motor or trans or possibly blown motor or trans)and put a small block chevy in it or possibly even a small big block. Tell me how many of you have been at a stop light and had a lincon ls come up next you you with a carbed small block under the hood lol bring some old school to new school and mix a little class. well if anyone has any helpfull tips such as info about if the rear end will hold up or what kind of engine compartment tricks I will need to do just stuff like that. well thanks guys and hope to hear from some of ya soon.
  • akirbyakirby Posts: 7,665
    lskconcepts is about it as far as specific LS stuff.

A ford 4.6L V8 will fit under the hood as will the 5.0 Cammer engine. The rear end is only good for 300 hp (factory V8 was 252 hp) so you'll need a whole new rear end (you might look at the Jag S-type R rear end - it was good for 400 hp) and should bolt right in (more or less).

The problem is that the PCM won't talk to the new engine or transmission and you can't run the car without the PCM. If you just want a track car then it's probably ok. If you want a daily driver it will be difficult.
  • does anyone know how 2 program the factory alarm i really done want to pay for something i can do on my own!
    If we knew what you were talking about it would be easier to help you.
  • i have a factory alarm but it hasnt been programed to the car yet so i cant open the car from the remote and putting the key in the door everytime is getting annoying. The dealer wants $90 to do it i dunt want to pay for something i can do myself does anyone know how to do it????
    You're talking about the keyfob, not the alarm. Only the dealer can program the keyfobs. Check around - another dealer might be cheaper.
  • lobsenzalobsenza Posts: 619
    I watched my salesman add a 3rd keyfob to my car when I purchased it. He had to do a sequence of things, but it worked. I couldn't tell you what the sequence was. In addition, you may have to have 1 or 2 working keyfobs to add one, I am not sure.
    I'm almost positive the dealer has to use the diagnostic tool to program the keyfobs. This is one of the few vehicles that don't allow you to do it yourself. You don't need any working ones - that's for programming the keys yourself. You need two working keys to program a third key without taking it to the dealer.
    I sat there and watched the salesman program the additional keyfob. no tools are needed, just the prober sequence of events.
    Andy - was that for the 02 or the 05? I think they changed it in 03.
    It was for my 2005, that may be the reason.
    I'm 99% sure the dealer has to program the 00-02 keyfobs with the WDS tool. I guess they fixed that with the 03-06 models.
  • My car was vandelized too. But they could not get the left side mirrow off, so they broke it. It works but hangs down. It needs a screw in side to keep in place. Can anyone help???
  • kingjameskingjames Posts: 3
    I'm looking to put a automatic starter/alarm on my 2000 ls. will this affect my electrical system at all or will i even be able to add this to my car.
  • Instead of telling me how many miles i have left on the message center of my car when it starts it just says check left brake lamp. Problem is my brake lamp is fine, works great and the only way i can shut it off is to hit the status and reset to shut it off for the one time im driving but then comes back on the next time i start it up. i was wondering if anybody could tell me a way of shutting off that message for good
    Check ALL the brake lamps including the CHMSL and the taillights - either one is burned out or not functioning properly or there is a wiring problem.
  • kenhskenhs Posts: 1
    I think you're on the wrong forum. The 3.9 V-8 engine in an LS puts 250 HP to the rear wheels and has an un-modified top speed of 155. I have added another 200 to that (over a weekend) and will own the Maxton land-speed record for my class in less than a month. Then I'll get serious and expect a regularly street-drivable 750 HP later this fall. You should go buy a Malibu.
    KS
  • jriegerjrieger Posts: 8
    WHY WOULD THE MAN WANT TO LOWER HIS STANDARDS WITH A MALI WHO? :)
  • hi i have a 2003 ls and was wondering how you modified your ls or if maybe you could point me towards some web sites that offer ls performance parts and stuff. thanks for your time.