Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Focus Accessories & Modifications

silver_bulletsilver_bullet Posts: 1,339
For all you "old timers" (like Jimmy), you know this part number by heart, but all you newer folks should go to your local BMW parts department and ask for part number 82 11 9 413 967. For not much money, you will get a very nicely made chrome tailpipe finisher that taps on with a rubber mallet and really makes the back of the car look great. Legal disclaimer - this part fits the 2000 ZX3 tailpipe perfectly, but I've not checked the 2001 cars to see if Ford changed the rear muffler (I'd be surprised if they did).

Comments

• edm9edm9 Posts: 16
    I've added a chrome tip to my Z. I bought it at a local parts store for $6.99. It is a 2-1/4x9" tip. I had to cut it down and re-tap the screw holes. I positioned it so the screws are on top of the exhaust pipe out of sight. The tip really completes the back of the car, Ford could have put one on for about $2.00 a pop, but thats asking too much.

I've also added the HyperWhite bulbs (www.kyotousa.com). Those really dress up the front of the car and give it a more european look. When I first put them in, they were BLUE!!! I was quite angry. But I left them in and now they give off a super white light, just like the Mercedes and BMW's do.
  • Another worthwhile mod to consider is ditching your factory brake pads for a non-metallic aftermarket set like the Kevlar pads available from EBC. Known as "Green Stuff", these pads will give you quiet, clean brakes, and will significantly out-perform the stock pads in hard driving situations thanks to their Kevlar composition. EBC also offers gas slotted and dimpled high quality replacement brake rotors too.
  • njbongonjbongo Posts: 66
    I just got a new 2001 ZX3 a few day ago..I LOVE IT !!!!

I keep seeing aftermarket superchargers for this car. Has anyone installed one?

Any info would be greatly appreciated!!!
  • jnmartinjnmartin Posts: 36
    I was driving to work the other morning and saw a CD silver ZX3 with silver-reflective windows. Anyone else seen these or know what the window treatment is or how to get it? It looked really sweet and although I'm driving a twilight blue, I would love to get it for my ZX3. Do you think it might be like the tints (which if you go too dark are illegal)? Liverpool, NY police are eager beavers in the ticket department and I'd hate to get a ticket for windows being non-compliant with NYS law.

Any help would be appreciated!
    Well, My 2001 ZX3 is CD Silver, and my windows are sort of "silvery" under really bright sunlight. However, you are probably talking about "mirror" tinting. Instead of being black, it looks mirrored from the outside. Any professional tining place can do this HOWEVER depending on where you live, it may not be legal. I live in NJ, and you can only have a certain "degree" of tint...basically it can only be very light and you still have to be able to see through it from the outside. Mirror tint is not legal here. Check into that before you do it, the ticket here in NJ for "illegal" tinting carry a very heavy fine..

by the way, anyone have any news for me on the supercharger yet (see above 2 messages)

Thanks,
    Vic
  • silver_bulletsilver_bullet Posts: 1,339
    Vic, except for a few hardcore crazies, I'd guess not many folks on a ZX3 budget are going to want to shell out another $3K+ for one of Oscar Jackson's supercharger kits. Personally, I'd be wary of doing a mod like this without carefully upgrading the rest of the drivetrain and brakes - and now you are talking A LOT of money. I would also be careful about listening too closely to anyone who wants to sell you one of these set ups - hasn't Sport Compact Car mag done a test on this kit?
    Hey, Silver....I haven't read anything on it yet. I too am very wary of doing this, that's why I was asking. I'd like to talk to someone who has actually done the modification to their Zx3 and see how the car performs, and if it blew up or not...HAHAHA. Being that my car is new (I just picked it up on April 4), I probably would not do anyting other than the air intake and MAYBE the SuperChip. Both of these things can easily be swapped back out if needed (SHHHH don't tell Ford).

I wouldn't exactly say that I'm a "hardcore crazy", BUT....I LOVE THIS CAR !!!! If I'm still this happy with it after a year or so, I wouldn't think twice about spending the money.....or maybe get the SVT instead. I would have waited for the SVT, but I had to trade my old car in before it fell apart. (it was a 99 KIA Sephia, don't ask, I still don't know why I bought that car).

Anyway, thanks for your opinion......and if you happen to actually get your hands on any printed reviews of the kit, let me know..........

Thanks,

Vic
  • I'm looking to get a "high-performance" air intake for my zx3. I can't decide which one to get though. Has anyone installed one or know anything about which ones outperform others? I was especially curious about the FocusSport cold-air intake. Thanks for any information or any links where i can find some.
    Try www.focusperformance.com...I ordered a pair of
    window "rain-guards" from them and they have LOTS of products.....I suggest any cold-air intake that uses a K & N Filter...they are the best!
  • fendahmer,
    There is a list of aftermarket retailers, and prices on myFordFocus.com Which also has a good How-To Library with diagrams, photos, and video clips for several mod projects.
  • cobiecobie Posts: 108
    I'm interested in replacing all the black plastic trim (rocker, body side, mirrors) on my x3 w/ the newer body coloured trim offered on the SVT. Any idea if these are available from Ford yet or of the cost? TIA
  • I've got noise coming from the right rear of my ZXe. It sounds like a board is slapping on the floor of the hatch back when I hit even a small bump. I've taken out the rear cover, still noise. Help.

Ed
  • Anyone here have a "LeBra" mask on their Focus?
    I bought one and I'm having trouble putting it on the car.
  • dragon3dragon3 Posts: 8
    I'm gonna get a zx3 sometime soon with a automatic transmission and would like to modify it for longer life by putting in a transmission cooler. Does anybody out there know what kind of modifications are available for a auto tranny focus?
  • hey!

i bought new speakers for the focus, since i blew the stock ones, and was wondering how the hell you would take the speaker grill off of this. If anyone knows how to install new speakers in the focus, please reply and tell me how. I would appreciate it. Thanks
  • flasvtflasvt Posts: 64
    Sorry to report that you have to remove the whole Door inner trim panel as the speakers grill is part of them. The Haynes repair manual for the Ford Focus has details on the procedure (not terribly complicated).
    Door inner trim panel - removal and installation is in section 11-10 and
     Speaker - removal and installation is in section 12-25
  • Anyone know if you can reprogram the ZX3 speedometer?
    I understand some speedometers have capability of reprogramming. My car came with 15" and I am getting 17"
  • markus5markus5 Posts: 102
    are they available for FOCUS sedan, how much trouble to install if so ?
  • markus5markus5 Posts: 102
    If you look at my posting of about 2 months ago on the sedan discussion ( odometer errors ) I claim that the Foci with 16 inch rims are under reading by as much as 5%. However I just looked at the specifications for overall diameters and revolutions per mile on 15, 16 and 17 inch rim and tire sets ( Pirelli ) the differences are negligible. So I need a new theory here. Maybe all odometers on these cars are in error. This could cost us all money in speeding tickets if one is to extrapolate from an under reporting odometer, will also mean an under report of actual speed on the road.